woman in china turned 115 yesterday. i hope she still cooks and cleans.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
no seriously, she was born in 1887.

thats freaking insane.

apparently, she sleeps for two days and then stays up for two days.

kinda like kramer.

shes from chinapan or whatever.

ask foray, she knows all pacific rim people, cause she lives in that area. right foray?

anyway, old people rock. even if theyre only 70. God bless em.

if anyone finds a more professional story on this, please post it here.

thanks.

Zoomerang96 said:

apparently, she sleeps for two days and then stays up for two days.

kinda like kramer.

haha! thanks brilliant. so it actually works!!

:lmao:

Zoomerang96 said:
old people rock

:yes: :heart:

here's her pic:

wnw_8-1.jpg

World's Oldest Person Turns 115

Monday September 16, 2002 7:50 AM

TOKYO (AP) - Kamato Hongo, the world's oldest person according to the Guinness Book of Records, turned 115 on Monday.

Hongo slept through the morning of her birthday but planned to celebrate with her family in the afternoon, Japanese media reported.

She lives with her 78-year old daughter on the southern island of Kyushu, which has a reputation for record-breaking longevity among its residents.

Born Sept. 16, 1887, Hongo was raised on a farm and counts Japanese sake among her favorite things, along with black salt, pork, sashimi, and green tea, according to Guinness. She also likes traditional Japanese dancing.

Hongo requires constant care and is slightly hard of hearing. She has been confined to a bed and wheelchair since she injured her hip in 1998, according to a Japanese nursing care and welfare website.

Her birthday comes a day after the Japanese national holiday known as Respect for the Aged Day. Because it fell on a Sunday this year, the holiday was being celebrated Monday.

Hongo has seven children and more than 20 grandchildren. She has outlived her eldest daughter, who died two years ago while in her 90s.

Hongo became the world's oldest person on March 20, after the death of Maud Farris-Luse, of Coldwater, Mich. Farris-Luse lived 115 years and 56 days, according to Guinness.

The world's oldest man is also Japanese. Yukichi Chuganji, who is 113 years old, also lives on Kyushu.

Japanese have the longest life expectancy in the world, with women averaging 84.93 years and men 78.07 years in 2001.

The average life expectancy in the United States stands at 77.26, according to the CIA World Factbook.

More proof that sake is good for you. When I say it I'm just some alcoholic that works in a sushi bar. But apparently if you're 116 you can say it. Screw that.

a man i knew from my hometown just died a couple of weeks ago. he was 107. he was the coolest guy ever. he remembered everything about his life. his stories were amazing.

me either luvva...sounds wild.
but I found these most exquisite little porcelain sake cups at a market on the weekend.. Then I found the matching bottle on another table.Old "mrs knows a little bit about everything"... I just couldn't see them be separated,so i got the stall holder organised...he upped the price once it was a set...:lmao: He had no idea what it was.
As delicate as they were, I resisted....but in view of Mrs Hongo's longevity.......I'm going to have me a go of that Japanese dancing.

Actually the oldest person ever according to records was a person who passed away in France 5 years ago. She lived to be 122 and a half. She was born in 1875. She actually still had her birth certificate. She stopped smoking when she was 116.

Back
Top Bottom