Woman auctions father's ghost on eBay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dasani

The Fly
HOBART, Indiana (AP) -- A woman's effort to assuage her 6-year-old son's fears of his grandfather's ghost by selling it on eBay has drawn more than 34 bids with a top offer of $78.

Mary Anderson said she placed her father's "ghost" on the online auction site after her son, Collin, said he was afraid the ghost would return someday. Anderson said Collin has avoided going anywhere in the house alone since his grandfather died last year.

In a description titled "This isn't a joke," Anderson told Collin's story on eBay:

"I always thought it was just normal kid fears until a few months ago he told me why he was so scared. He told me 'Grandpa died here, and he was mean. His ghost is still around here!"'

Lest the boy's fears scare off potential bidders, Anderson added, "My dad was the sweetest most caring man you'd ever meet."

Anderson also put her father's metal walking cane up for auction so she would have something to actually send the winning bidder. The proceeds from the auction will go to buy Collin a special present, she said.

Anderson makes one special request of the winner bidder: "I would like to ask you to write a letter after you've received the cane (and the ghost) to my son letting him know that he's there with you and you're getting along great."

The bidding is due to close Monday afternoon.

I've seen some crazy ass stuff on ebay.

What about that piece of toast with the Virgin Mary's face in it recently that was up to like $1 million or some crap :crack: :freaks:

Ah Ebay... gotta love it. If it's not someone selling "nothing" to see how much it'll go for, they're selling an air guitar. And if it's not an air guitar, they're selling a Colombian Drug Cartel...

:coocoo:

it's bad enough that people advertise total crap--that some people actually bid on it is what baffles me.

Last edited:
um its up over $14,000

who would bid that???

there are also people who put up the exact same ad to copy her and have bids over 500 bucks

insane

also you can get this nice t-shirt

53_1_b.JPG

On a dare, someone I know put an ad up selling a sock filled with chewing gum--I think it was used gum, but I can't remember now. (I should add it didn't really exist.)

It ended with 0 bids which actually surprised me.

lauren430 said:
some people clearly have too much money on their hands. :huh:

yes, and they should give it to me

i wonder if there's a ghost somewhere that i can auction...:hmm:

celia said:
oh my god, I really shouls strat selling some crap on there! :crazy:

:up:

I know a guy from here who sold his beard on ebay but it was for charity.

:hmm: I wonder howmany family members are old and sick right now.

I remember something about a auction of Bono`s breath

I'd flog my coldplay autographs if I'd make some money

/poor student

Back
Top Bottom