WKRP Update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cleasai

Rock n' Roll Doggie
If I remember correctly, there were a few people here who wanted this series to come out on DVD. Well I have some good news. :) They couldn't release the series and sooner because of copyright difficulties. To get around them, they inserted different music than what originally aired on TV.

The 3 disc set will feature all 22 episodes (561 mins) from the first season, including the famous Turkey episode. The set will retail for $39.98 when it's released on April 3.

Disc 1 Side A:
Pilot (Part 1)
Pilot (Part 2)
Les On a Ledge
Hoodlum Rock

Disc 1 Side B:
Hold-Up
Bailey's Show
Turkeys Away
Love Returns

Disc 2 Side A:
Mama's Review
A Date With Jennifer
The Contest Nobody Could Win2/5/1979 Tornado

Disc 2 Side B:
Goodbye, Johnny
Johnny Comes Back
Never Leave Me, Lucille
I Want to Keep My Baby

Disc 3 Side A:
A Commercial Break
Who is Gordon Sims?
I Do, I Do For Now

Disc 3 Side B:
Young Master Carlson
Fish Story
Preacher

Special Features include:
Commentary on Pilot (part 1) by creator and cast members
Commentary on "Johnny Comes Back" by creator and cast members
"Don't Touch That Dial - the Making of WKRP"
"Turning A 'Turkey' Into A Classic"
"Doctor Johnny Fever, And I Am Burning Up In Here"

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!

Do any of you remember the "sequel" to the show that came out in syndication in the 80s? I can't remember what it was called, and it only had some of the original cast members, but there was this AWESOME promo for it.

It was a take-off of the "Numb" video, with Les Nessman as "The Edge", sitting in a chair and rapping the lyrics to the WKRP theme song in a monotone while other characters did weird things to him. :lol:

I was just looking up the sequel and it had a cast listing...........Michael Des Barres was in the sequel!
Mr. Des Barres was in the first season as a member of a punk rock group called Scum of The Earth.
"Hello, we are Scum of The Earth" :lol:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dez6W4ySt-E

Ya think I am excited about this coming to DVD?

Last edited:
I distinctly remember the Turkey episode, but perhaps someone could fill me in on how and why this one episode became so well known and popular... was it just that funny? If not i guess the doc on the DVD might help me...

Back
Top Bottom