WKRP in Cincinnati Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shari schultz

ONE love, blood, life
Any one? A show about a radio station called WKRP. Howard Hessman:heart:
I would love to have the episodes on DVD. From what I am hearing is it won't happen because of all the music rights they would have to secure.

The classic Thanksgiving episode. Turkeys Away.
Mr Carlson: As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly
:lmao:

From Jennifer Moves episode
Jennifer: So I decided to turn in around midnight -
Les: Midnight? Never turn in at midnight!
Jennifer: Is that wrong?
Les: Well, of course it is!
Jennifer: Well, I didn't know that!
Les: Grow up, Jennifer!
Jennifer: All right. Anyhow, I started to hear these noises on the third floor. Such strange noises! I couldn't decide if it was a sound or a voice.
As she speaks, her co-workers gather round her, listening.
Les: You have a very evil house! I knew that! I knew it! Go on.
Jennifer: Then I started to climb the stairs to the third floor, and as I did, the hall light went out. I just froze! I couldn't go back, because I couldn't see, but I could go forward, because ... because from under the third floor bedroom door a light appeared. Something or someone was in that room. But that door is always locked! I don't really know what happened next, I thought I might faint, because there was a force - a power! So I turned around, and the thing spoke to me.
Les, engrossed: Well? What did it say?
Jennifer: It said, "Wheeeere's Les?"
Everyone except Les turns to leave. Herb stays to watch a little while longer.
Les: What?
Jennifer: It said, "Wheeeere's Les Nessman? So I said, "He's gone home. But if you come down to the kitchen, I'll give you his phone number and address." And so I did, and the thing thanked me, and it went away.
She turns to her desk, and Les turns aside, pondering all this. A few seconds later the phone rings. Jennifer answers it.
Jennifer: WKRP. Les, it's for you.
Les slowly backs away from the phone.

If you ever get the chance, watch it:)

Yeah, that was a great show. I loved Herb, he was so scummy.

:wink:

The Thanksgiving episode :up: :lmao:

Herb and his plaid suits
Les and his office that was outlined with tape on the floor
Venus and Johnny

:heart:

But I think the episode I remember the most was the one they did about the Who concert where those kids were trampled to death trying to get inside :sad:

fah said:
The Thanksgiving episode :up: :lmao:

Herb and his plaid suits
Les and his office that was outlined with tape on the floor
Venus and Johnny

:heart:

But I think the episode I remember the most was the one they did about the Who concert where those kids were trampled to death trying to get inside :sad:

The Who concert episode. :sad:

Of course the show had a Gilligan's Island like quality too, as Loni Anderson's Jennifer attracted the attention ala Ginger Grant, but in fact Bailey Quarters was much hotter ala Maryann.

shari schultz said:
Andy Taylor's oh-so-tight-jeans..........................

:lol: I believe Andy and his tight jeans were responsible for launching me into puberty.

I loved WKRP. Since it seems they won't put it on DVD, I wish some TV station would show reruns.

Back
Top Bottom