Wittenoom Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sad Punk said:
I think Peterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrse actually outobsesses all of Pleba in the most Useless Thing to be Obsessed About dept.

Him and Rob33 make me lol, then shake my head. I've suggested to Ax that we should make a Survivor contest for people. I'd be so torn between Peterrrrrrr, Rob33 and mofo82.

The Sad Punk said:
I think Peterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrse actually outobsesses all of Pleba in the most Useless Thing to be Obsessed About dept.

... even me, though?

I don't think I've noticed any recent KFC ads. The last ones I remember were those ones with the animated Colonel jumping out of a metal door. I think those were like ten years ago, though.

I hate to admitt it, but the pop corn chicken is kind of nice, even though it's undoubtedly made out of diseased hare and blue asbestos.

major_panic said:

Him and Rob33 make me lol, then shake my head. I've suggested to Ax that we should make a Survivor contest for people. I'd be so torn between Peterrrrrrr, Rob33 and mofo82.

That would be too classic. Shame we'd get banned and all.

major_panic said:

Oh god, Rob33 is a sad case. Ten bucks this is the first forum he's ever posted on.

Axver said:

... even me, though?

Axver vs Peterrrrrrr

Both run U2-related websites.

Both post on Interference.

Both like U2's music.

Both are what we'd call obsessives.

One has a 50000000000 word long document that lists every single second of every single one of Bono's performances and the tonal quality and pitch and emotion and rates them, which is subsequently pulled out and thrown at all rational argument against Bono.

You tell me who wins.

The Sad Punk said:

Well, trains can transport people to other places. Bono's voice is usually so helpless it can't even transport us metaphorically.

:lol: I'll argue long and hard for the central position of railways in Australian and New Zealand history. Their 19th century socio-political role was crucial.

But I was actually referring to me and my setlists. I suppose people do like to know what songs were played at the gigs they saw ...

The Sad Punk said:

Oh god, Rob33 is a sad case. Ten bucks this is the first forum he's ever posted on.

Ten bucks says 33 is his age. By that, I mean 3x3.

Axver said:
But I was actually referring to me and my setlists. I suppose people do like to know what songs were played at the gigs they saw ...

Exactly! Your site is actually useful and not an embarrassing example of a lonely idiot obsessed with an ambition nobody is really that interested in.

The Sad Punk said:
I don't think I've noticed any recent KFC ads. The last ones I remember were those ones with the animated Colonel jumping out of a metal door. I think those were like ten years ago, though.

I hate to admitt it, but the pop corn chicken is kind of nice, even though it's undoubtedly made out of diseased hare and blue asbestos.

There's one terrible one at the moment about the quality of the food being good, ending with "and how do I know this? I'm the chef here."

:lol: I had the popcorn chicken once. Wasn't too nauseating.

Axver said:

There's one terrible one at the moment about the quality of the food being good, ending with "and how do I know this? I'm the chef here."

I actually reckon KFC's ok, compared to some of the other fast food out there.

That being said, I don't eat their chicken or "side dishes", only the processed stuff like the popcorn chicken and strip things. They're pretty good, although MSG FTW.

Axver said:

Ugh.

There are these new popcorn chicken tortilla wraps with like nacho sauce and shit. They're complete messes. On the other hand, McDonald's new chicken burgers are actually quite nice and deli-like.

The Sad Punk said:

Exactly! Your site is actually useful and not an embarrassing example of a lonely idiot obsessed with an ambition nobody is really that interested in.

:lol: I used to wonder how many people genuinely gave a shit about the snippetry and it wasn't really my first priority when Matthias brought me in as co-maintainer. But so many people have picked up on it, usually in very helpful ways with contributions and corrections, that it's now one of the main areas I focus on. It's surprised me, really.

major_panic said:

I actually reckon KFC's ok, compared to some of the other fast food out there.

That being said, I don't eat their chicken or "side dishes", only the processed stuff like the popcorn chicken and strip things. They're pretty good, although MSG FTW.

My ranking of the major fast food places:

1. Subway :drool:

517. Hungry Jack's

792,141. KFC
792,142. Macca's

Hey, Bonnie, you'll be proud of Ali and I. When we had lunch yesterday with Melissa, we both got souvlaki. :up:

HAI GUISE BONO SNIPETS OTHER SONGS LOL SO THAT MAKES HIM BETTER THAN FREDDIE GAYCURY LOLOL!!!1!!!1eleven!!!ONERULZ

major_panic said:

True, but tell me it wouldn't be totally worth it!

Seriously, I've been a whole bunch of similar things on other forums. And they were merciful with their bannings. But looking at what's happened with U2man and such, I'm not in any rush to do this thing.

It would be pretty damn funny though.

Axver said:

My ranking of the major fast food places:

1. Subway :drool:

517. Hungry Jack's

792,141. KFC
792,142. Macca's

:laugh: I eat the bottom three all the time, but then I do exercise to work off the potential cancer / death.

Axver said:
Hey, Bonnie, you'll be proud of Ali and I. When we had lunch yesterday with Melissa, we both got souvlaki. :up:

You are both awesome, awesome people. :up:

My brother and I going out for some Greek tonight. Not sure when we're leaving, maybe a quarter of an hour.

The Sad Punk said:

Seriously, I've been a whole bunch of similar things on other forums. And they were merciful with their bannings. But looking at what's happened with U2man and such, I'm not in any rush to do this thing.

I'd be somewhat tempted to do it on my LJ if more Interferencers were on my friends list.

The Sad Punk said:

It's a great fantasy idea. The funny thing is, none of us are premium so we can't do it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom