Wittenoom Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
major_panic said:
The only thing I have against that show is ISHFWILF, it was really boring. Should've played NYD instead.

This is why you go to both nights.

Or, in my case, 7 of the 9 gigs down here. I didn't miss anything, though I wasn't at the show with what's currently the last full band Walk On (2006-11-10, Sydney; Liam was) or the last Zoo Station (2006-11-16, Adelaide; Bonnie was). I've made a few firsts, or first-in-a-whiles, but largely not been at lasts.

major_panic said:
Hell sounded like a good idea, I think Vari proposed that earlier.

I'll make a thread for once.

Yeah, she proposed Hell, Michigan. Which occasionally freezes over.

Cool. :up:

Axver said:

This is why you go to both nights.

Or, in my case, 7 of the 9 gigs down here. I didn't miss anything, though I wasn't at the show with what's currently the last full band Walk On (2006-11-10, Sydney; Liam was) or the last Zoo Station (2006-11-16, Adelaide; Bonnie was). I've made a few firsts, or first-in-a-whiles, but largely not been at lasts.

The only problem was that a) I missed out on the first concert tickets by getting the selling date wrong and b) I couldn't have afforded two anyway.

Now on the other hand, I'd go to both, regardless of how much it'd have cost.

BTW, next tour, I'm sleeping over at your place, cause you live closer to the city and hence I don't have to wake up ridiculously early to get a good spot. :wink:

TranceEnding said:
oh yes, I totally agree. It was amazing to hear that again ... sounded really beautiful :)

The main memory that came flooding back at this second show is that how fantastic it felt to hear the audience sing along to every single song :D What an amazing atmosphere!

Had a big smile on my face listening to this all the way through :D
"again" she says... and you wonder why we're all jealous of you. :wink:

I was the same way the first few times I was listening to those boots... biiiiig cheesy grin... of course, that was after the post-concert grin faded... which took about a week or so :lol:

I know Bono said "Wow" after every Streets (or was it Pride? One of those big audience singalong ones - and I know that now, anyway), but I saw the look on his face before he said it. You can't fake that.

(And we've seen something of Bono's acting skills :wink: )

major_panic said:
The only problem was that a) I missed out on the first concert tickets by getting the selling date wrong and b) I couldn't have afforded two anyway.

Now on the other hand, I'd go to both, regardless of how much it'd have cost.

BTW, next tour, I'm sleeping over at your place, cause you live closer to the city and hence I don't have to wake up ridiculously early to get a good spot. :wink:

Don't worry, Melbourne II was by far the superior gig anyway. I think it was the best in Australia, while Melbourne I was the second weakest, with Brisbane the weakest.

And :lol: my place is reasonably handy for gigs. But where I stayed for the Vertigo Tour was the best! It was at the intersection of Spencer and LaTrobe, so barely a minute or two's walk from the Telstra Dome!

major_panic said:
The only thing I have against that show is ISHFWILF, it was really boring. Should've played NYD instead.
As a bass player, I can only agree :wink:

And I am still pissed off that I didn't see Edge call us Sydney. I was looking elsewhere (why, I DON'T know), and heard it, but I thought it was Bono until DAYS afterwards.

:reject:

Axver said:

Don't worry, Melbourne II was by far the superior gig anyway. I think it was the best in Australia, while Melbourne I was the second weakest, with Brisbane the weakest.

And :lol: my place is reasonably handy for gigs. But where I stayed for the Vertigo Tour was the best! It was at the intersection of Spencer and LaTrobe, so barely a minute or two's walk from the Telstra Dome!

:ohmy: I'd've camped outside the Dome, myself.

Damn it, U2, get a new tour going already.

Alisaura said:
I know Bono said "Wow" after every Streets (or was it Pride? One of those big audience singalong ones - and I know that now, anyway), but I saw the look on his face before he said it. You can't fake that.

Ah, the good old Wow snippet after Streets. I came so close to recording that a couple of times on U2VT. There were some occasions where it was Streets / Wow x3 (snippet).

Frankly, I do think he was just doing it to play the crowd.

Alisaura said:

"again" she says... and you wonder why we're all jealous of you. :wink:

I was the same way the first few times I was listening to those boots... biiiiig cheesy grin... of course, that was after the post-concert grin faded... which took about a week or so :lol:

Streets at Melbourne 2 was just ....... far out awesome! I remember Bono's reaction to the incredibly loud cheering .. he just looked so amazed and happy ... it was just incredible!

Brings a tear to my eye really ... just beautiful! I just felt so happy that night especially :D

Alisaura said:

As a bass player, I can only agree :wink:

And I am still pissed off that I didn't see Edge call us Sydney. I was looking elsewhere (why, I DON'T know), and heard it, but I thought it was Bono until DAYS afterwards.

It's a very Bono thing to do, yes. :wink:

Dear U2,

Can we please have the new album and tour ASAP? Interference is really, really suffering at the moment and we need a new album to clear the crap.

Please note the attached threads from EYKIW; read through them and you'll understand what we mean.

Yours sincerely,
U2 fans

PS: Please either leak full songs, or nothing at all before the album. Some of the people who post on Interference take far too much out of a 3-second clip.

PPS: We believe it's Larry's turn to lose a demo CD. We eagerly anticipate it.

TranceEnding said:

Streets at Melbourne 2 was just ....... far out awesome! I remember Bono's reaction to the incredibly loud cheering .. he just looked so amazed and happy ... it was just incredible!

Brings a tear to my eye really ... just beautiful! I just felt so happy that night especially :D

That was an amazing, amazing moment, yes. Just the feeling when the organ sound blasts out, then Edge starts playing those notes, then Larry starts the droomstick hitting :combust:

Then Bono starts giving a speech :madspit:

Also,

NEW THREAD:
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=185244

cinnaminson said:
I went to the first Melb concert and the sound was terrible :sad:
didn't stop me from getting teary though :shifty:

:hug:

bawling like a fucking baby , and that was walking up the steps to the dome ...

i thought i was gonna pass out when they came on

cinnaminson said:
didn't stop me from getting teary though :shifty:

:wink: :hug:

music makes me so emotional ... I'm such a great cry-er!

Even now I'm getting all teary from listening to this PT music (the words are amazing .. I think I can relate too much :wink: :uhoh: )

mysterious_jen said:

i thought i was gonna pass out when they came on

I went to see them in Sydney before Melbourne, and considering I hadn't seen U2 live for 203 years, I stood there for the entire concert, most likely with a stunned expression thinking, oh my freakin' god, it's U2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom