Wittenoom Superthread - Page 37 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2008, 07:54 AM   #541
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic

Just announced: U2's latest gig will be supporting the Clone Chairman Lmao Foundation, dedicated to the repression of human rights everywhere.

In related news, U2 have announced that they are finally "ready" to play Acrobat and Red Hill Mining Town; Bono had this to say:

"Well, it's been a while really, but my voice has finally been getting back to where it was, like it was when we last played Gloria in 1985, and the Edge is really on fire. We're producing some amazing, amazing sounds, and Larry's become invisible, which has really helped the process along - I mean, there's some real heavy stuff coming out of his drumkit now, y'know? Anyway, Acrobat, a great song from Zooropa, and I'm glad that we've finally come around to playing it."
LMAO.

MOAR? Because I'm so there.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-17-2008, 07:54 AM   #542
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Maj. Panic, friend, wonderful person, fellow Melburnian, believer in Christian charity, be so kind as to bring me a fridge full of delectable drinks to quench the thirst brought on by this awful dry heat, thank you.

Sincerely,
Ax
I would if a) I didn't live about an hour and twenty minutes out, b) it wasn't almost 11pm and c) if it wasn't this stinking hot. Although I think c) probably negates what you wanted anyway.

Besides, you don't really drink beer, so you'd just end up with a fridge full of lemonade or something.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:57 AM   #543
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I would if a) I didn't live about an hour and twenty minutes out, b) it wasn't almost 11pm and c) if it wasn't this stinking hot. Although I think c) probably negates what you wanted anyway.

Besides, you don't really drink beer, so you'd just end up with a fridge full of lemonade or something.
A. I can wait.
B. I'll be up until 2am.
C. I don't care, as long as it's wet.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-17-2008, 07:59 AM   #544
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:54 AM
Argh, I was looking for something so I missed the last page or something. Whatever, I was going to go to bed in a minute.

Quote:

Just announced: U2's latest gig will be supporting the Clone Chairman Lmao Foundation, dedicated to the repression of human rights everywhere.

In related news, U2 have announced that they are finally "ready" to play Acrobat and Red Hill Mining Town; Bono had this to say:

"Well, it's been a while really, but my voice has finally been getting back to where it was, like it was when we last played Gloria in 1985, and the Edge is really on fire. We're producing some amazing, amazing sounds, and Larry's become invisible, which has really helped the process along - I mean, there's some real heavy stuff coming out of his drumkit now, y'know? Anyway, Acrobat, a great song from Zooropa, and I'm glad that we've finally come around to playing it."
Old 03-17-2008, 08:00 AM   #545
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

LMAO.

MOAR? Because I'm so there.
Bono also had this to say:

"Red Hill Mining Town? Yeah, another nice tune off the Joshua Tree that we've not played for a long, long time. We haven't played that, really, because I haven't been up to it, nor has Adam - it's all about how the vocals combine with the bass on that song, and until recently we haven't really had the technology to do that."

Later on in the gig, Bono had this to say before One:

"Well, I'm so glad that we're all here to support this worthy, worthy organisation. Lmao Zedong was a truly great man, inspiring character, leading Taiwan to independence despite the attempts at assassination. Now this here is a song that we only play on special occasions, but before that I was wondering if anyone had any song requests?"

"DISCOTHEQUE!"
"I THREW A BRICK!"
"A CELEBRATION!"
"MOFO"

"I heard One, so whatever you want!"
Old 03-17-2008, 08:01 AM   #546
Blue Crack Addict

These posts are making me not want to go to bed.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:02 AM   #547
Vocal parasite

Zedong.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-17-2008, 08:02 AM   #548
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
These posts are making me not want to go to bed.
They're also preventing me from doing my document study, but meh, whatever.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:04 AM   #549
Blue Crack Addict

Alright, the heat has now caught up with me (hopefully for the last time this month?) and I'm ready for bed.

Have a good night/day, guys.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:05 AM   #550
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Alright, the heat has now caught up with me (hopefully for the last time this month?) and I'm ready for bed.

The heat's really fucked me over today. Need a cool change. Hope you lot get one too.

Have a good one.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-17-2008, 08:06 AM   #551
Vocal parasite

Quote:

They're also preventing me from doing my document study, but meh, whatever.
I should be doing readings but it's too hot to even think.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-17-2008, 08:07 AM   #552
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

After the gig, Bono released some spoilers for the upcoming album:

"Well, the lead single is gonna be called Blindness, and it's all about the themes of life and death as seen through the eyes of Time, y'know what I'm saying? Edge is really, really hyped about this one, he's telling me that it's the best song we've ever made, and I think I agree with him. Larry's invisible, of course, so I'm not quite sure what he thinks, but there are some truly momentous sounds coming out of that drumkit. Adam, well, Adam has just been playing like there's no tomorrow, I mean there's literally notes flying off his bass onto the pages, flowing like a- a stream of molten metal. It's a great feeling, having this new album, it's a bit like the top of a newborn baby's head."
Old 03-17-2008, 08:07 AM   #553
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:24 PM
God damn it, I have to walk around Philly this morning, and it's (does math in his head) 6 degrees outside and windy.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:08 AM   #554
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

See ya! Take care!
Old 03-17-2008, 08:09 AM   #555
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
God damn it, I have to walk around Philly this morning, and it's (does math in his head) 6 degrees outside and windy.
Let's even it out with the temperature we have here, that should leave us with a nice 20 or so degrees each.

Tags
superthread