Wittenoom Superthread - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-17-2008, 07:10 AM   #481
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 09:31 PM
Really, you guys don't know Media Watch? Holy shit, I think it'd be right up your alleys.

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/
__________________

__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 03-17-2008, 07:11 AM   #482
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
major_panic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the ASIAN TEAM
Posts: 7,450
Local Time: 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


What are you talking about here? Link?
Nothing special, just the "U2 Myspace" thread.

http://forum.interference.com/t185170.html
__________________

__________________
major_panic is offline  
Old 03-17-2008, 07:12 AM   #483
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,008
Local Time: 11:01 PM
As cool as much of the 29/11/89 Osaka set is, the overall length would make me feel very ripped off:

1. Where The Streets Have No Name
2. I Will Follow
3. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Exodus (snippet)
4. MLK
5. The Unforgettable Fire
6. Bullet The Blue Sky / Whole Lotta Love (snippet)
7. Desire / 1969 (snippet)
8. All Along The Watchtower / Like A Hurricane (snippet)
9. All I Want Is You
10. Van Diemen's Land
11. New Year's Day
12. Pride (In The Name Of Love)

encore(s):
13. Angel Of Harlem
14. When Love Comes To Town / In The Midnight Hour (snippet)
15. Love Rescue Me
16. With Or Without You / Shine Like Stars (snippet) / Love Will Tear Us Apart (snippet)
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 03-17-2008, 07:13 AM   #484
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
major_panic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the ASIAN TEAM
Posts: 7,450
Local Time: 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
As cool as much of the 29/11/89 Osaka set is, the overall length would make me feel very ripped off:

1. Where The Streets Have No Name
2. I Will Follow
3. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Exodus (snippet)
4. MLK
5. The Unforgettable Fire
6. Bullet The Blue Sky / Whole Lotta Love (snippet)
7. Desire / 1969 (snippet)
8. All Along The Watchtower / Like A Hurricane (snippet)
9. All I Want Is You
10. Van Diemen's Land
11. New Year's Day
12. Pride (In The Name Of Love)

encore(s):
13. Angel Of Harlem
14. When Love Comes To Town / In The Midnight Hour (snippet)
15. Love Rescue Me
16. With Or Without You / Shine Like Stars (snippet) / Love Will Tear Us Apart (snippet)
That's what, an hour and a half?

BUT it has WOWY / Shine Like Stars / Love Will Tear Us Apart...
__________________
major_panic is offline  
Old 03-17-2008, 07:15 AM   #485
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
major_panic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the ASIAN TEAM
Posts: 7,450
Local Time: 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
Really, you guys don't know Media Watch? Holy shit, I think it'd be right up your alleys.

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/
Interesting. I think my dad watches it. However, I usually have a theology (this sem being New Testament Greek) class from 6 to 9, which is probably why I've never come across it.
__________________
major_panic is offline  
Old 03-17-2008, 07:15 AM   #486
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,008
Local Time: 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
Really, you guys don't know Media Watch? Holy shit, I think it'd be right up your alleys.

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/
Ooh, looks good, and hooray for the ABC making its shows available online.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 03-17-2008, 07:15 AM   #487
Blue Crack Addict
 
liamcool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: deep in absolutely bullshit historical theory/trauma theory
Posts: 16,695
Local Time: 10:01 PM
What the hell? U2 setlists...ON A U2 FORUM? GOD FORBID.
__________________
liamcool is offline  
Old 03-17-2008, 07:16 AM   #488
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 09:31 PM
That does look pretty short. What length is the file?

I guess Bono must have not liked that particular crowd, because 1989-12-01 looks like it would have been waaay better.
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 03-17-2008, 07:16 AM   #489
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
major_panic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the ASIAN TEAM
Posts: 7,450
Local Time: 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by liamcool
What the hell? U2 setlists...ON A U2 FORUM? GOD FORBID.
Whatever next?! A picture of Bono?
__________________
major_panic is offline  
Old 03-17-2008, 07:16 AM   #490
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,008
Local Time: 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic


That's what, an hour and a half?

BUT it has WOWY / Shine Like Stars / Love Will Tear Us Apart...
I doubt it's even that. 80 minutes? I mean, one of those 16 songs is MLK, which really isn't a song!
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 03-17-2008, 07:17 AM   #491
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
major_panic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the ASIAN TEAM
Posts: 7,450
Local Time: 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
That does look pretty short. What length is the file?

I guess Bono must have not liked that particular crowd, because 1989-12-01 looks like it would have been waaay better.
I've heard that Japanese crowds are usually pretty quiet, maybe that's why?
__________________
major_panic is offline  
Old 03-17-2008, 07:17 AM   #492
Blue Crack Addict
 
liamcool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: deep in absolutely bullshit historical theory/trauma theory
Posts: 16,695
Local Time: 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic


Whatever next?! A picture of Bono?
Surely you jest...
__________________
liamcool is offline  
Old 03-17-2008, 07:17 AM   #493
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


Ooh, looks good, and hooray for the ABC making its shows available online.
Yeah, seriously. My sister's very thankful of this, she loves the show but lives in the UK.
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 03-17-2008, 07:18 AM   #494
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic


I've heard that Japanese crowds are usually pretty quiet, maybe that's why?
But 89-12-01 was an Osaka crowd too!

The mystery!
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 03-17-2008, 07:18 AM   #495
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
major_panic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the ASIAN TEAM
Posts: 7,450
Local Time: 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


I doubt it's even that. 80 minutes? I mean, one of those 16 songs is MLK, which really isn't a song!
I am so glad that U2 have released 5 albums since then; it means that all the shows we get have a fair few more songs than "back in the day", and if not more, then more variety (theoretically).
__________________

__________________
major_panic is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com