Wittenoom Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fuck what a great list:

Hot Water, Mississippi
Toad Suck, Arkansas
Hell, Michigan
Uncertain, Texas
No Name, Colorado
Monkey's Elbow, Kentucky
Dismal, Tennessee
Frankenstein, Missouri
Boring, Maryland
Panic, Pennsylvania

then there's intercourse PA
and boogerhollow Arkansas

Big Bone Lick State Park, Union, Kentucky
Why, Arizonia

oooh look, there's other people in this thread!

"cold change" - does that mean cold front?

omg

dick lick springs, arkansas
dildo, canada

experiment, georgia
end of earth, michigan
equality, alabama
nameless, texas

lake titicaca

assolo, italy

mysterious_jen said:
cool change is the nice cool breeze we get after the scortching 40deg C freaking north wind :scream: and when the temp drops 20 deg in half an hour, its mad of SUPERWIN

i've never heard that phrase until you guys started using it in this thread. we've got cold fronts (and warm fronts) but fronts are real meteorological terms (at least according to my 7th grade earth science).

Hello everyone. I am in love with the cool change. I would father its children if such a thing were possible.

Varitek said:

i've never heard that phrase until you guys started using it in this thread. we've got cold fronts (and warm fronts) but fronts are real meteorological terms (at least according to my 7th grade earth science).

Wow, an American ignorant about the English language. WHAT A SURPRISE. :wink:

Sarcasm, I promise. Parodying myself, if anything.

In any case, a cool change is - rather unsurprisingly - what you get when a cold front suddenly rocks up after you're being brutalised by scorchingly hot temperatures. It's a term used by the Bureau of Meteorology here, but if Wikipedia's to be believed, it's a local term in southeastern Australia (perhaps because not many other places experience such rapid temperature changes with such frequency?): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cool_Change

Varitek said:
ax i made like 10 posts of place names. see how bored i was?

Some of those are awesome. Feel strongly about any in particular for our next destination?

Varitek said:
see, even the english who invented the language don't use it.

we just say it's gonna cool off, or there's a cold front coming.

Well, there's a bit of a difference. A cool change describes a specific phenomenon. For example, a cold front is coming if it's 32 on Monday, gets down to 16 overnight, and is 24 the next day. That's gradual. A cool change is when it's scorchingly hot, say 41, in the middle of the day, and then seemingly out of nowhere, the temperature plummets 15 degrees in as many minutes.

well khan's not around for reviving centralia...hmmm...

i think i'm happy with any i posted, i'm sure several will get used eventually.

and, my computer is freaking out, and i wanna finish the wire finale and sleep, so :wave:

I'm tempted to use Dismal, TN. Just because I don't like TN.

Have a good one! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom