Wittenoom Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

I'll have to tear myself away from the Internet soon if I want to look like I've at least done SOME of this reading. I also think it might be advisable if I do my dishes ...

And you've got my e-mail address? amakaxver[at]gmail.com in case you're unsure.

:huh:

I always have to do my dishes immediately after I've used them. It just weirds me out otherwise.

the tourist said:
I'm done with school for 2 weeks. Yay for spring break! (boo for rain!)

Nice! We have a one week break starting this Friday, it's awesome.

(Although I haven't really gone to uni for the past two weeks anyway)

bono_man2002 said:

Apparently it comes from the sky yeah?

In Asia, I've seen it fall in such large amounts that you couldn't see two metres in front of you. Here, I think it's a popular legend.

major_panic said:

Dear electricity companies,

Please stop your greedy, small-minded efforts to continue mongering money and resources at the cost of the planet and your fellow human beings.

You are the worst of capitalist scum. Larry Mullen Jr says FOAD.

Yours sincerely,

major_panic

Ugh. Those guys are an example of everything I hate about the Liberal Party and their elite capitalist support base. Short term profits > long term sustainability, huh! :happy:

major_panic said:

In Asia, I've seen it fall in such large amounts that you couldn't see two metres in front of you. Here, I think it's a popular legend.

Hehe.

The last good rain I think I've seen, was pretty much what you mentioned that you saw in Asia, was in late December las year. It absolutely pissed down for 2 hours.

major_panic said:

:huh:

I always have to do my dishes immediately after I've used them. It just weirds me out otherwise.

I always say I'll do that. Then I put them down on the bench and say I'll do them later. I never leave them for too long, but last night was just so hot that I didn't want to go near even hotter water, so they're still lying around, ugh.

major_panic said:

On the Gold Coast, I've seen it fall so heavily that we could not see the house across the road.

But that's the way rain in Queensland works. None for a month, then in 30 minutes, it dumps everything and sods off again.

Axver said:

On the Gold Coast, I've seen it fall so heavily that we could not see the house across the road.

But that's the way rain in Queensland works. None for a month, then in 30 minutes, it dumps everything and sods off again.

You could have at least brought some of that to Victoria :tsk:

MORE young women who say they were damaged by their time in Mercy Ministries have come forward to tell their stories, as further details emerge of the fundamentalist group's questionable practices.

Two former directors of Mercy Ministries, Mark and Darlene Zschech, who brought the program to Australia from the US in 2001, have also been associate directors of the Hillsong Church's annual conference.

Darlene, described as "one of the key worship leaders at Hillsong Church", and her husband no longer appear to have any connection to Mercy Ministries.

"Hillsong do not own or run Mercy Ministries … Hillsong are a financial supporter, as are many churches in Sydney and around the country," said Peter Irvine, who until recently was both the managing director of Gloria Jean's Coffees and a director of Mercy Ministries.

Dear Hillsong and Mercy Ministries,

You are not real Christians, nor do you deserve to be. Stop cheating people of their money, stop lying and stop preaching immediately. Your music, however, is acceptable, provided you stop charging more than the cost of a U2 album for it.

You give all Christians a bad name, and your senior leadership team cannot preach worth a damn. They should all be shot, or at least kept in solitary confinement for the rest of their lives.

Burn in Hell for torturing others with false hopes and promises that you claim are from God.

Yours sincerely,

major_panic

(and the rest of the moderate Christian world)

Hey Screwtape!

bono_man2002 said:

Hehe.

The last good rain I think I've seen, was pretty much what you mentioned that you saw in Asia, was in late December las year. It absolutely pissed down for 2 hours.

I heard about this. Apparently houses in my area were flooded, and cars were floating down one of the main streets :ohmy:

major_panic said:
Hey Screwtape!

I heard about this. Apparently houses in my area were flooded, and cars were floating down one of the main streets :ohmy:

:yes: I think up in the country we got much less rain. but still a shitload, there was some minor flooding.

Supposively Shepparton was due for a flood in 2003. As there were previous floods in 1993 (I vaugely remember riding my bike in) and 1983, and I think one in 1973.

So Bring on 2013 :lol:

CHINA last night mobilised thousands of troops throughout Tibetan enclaves in an effort to avert a bloodbath in Tibetan areas as students joined monks in spontaneous protests. Beijing gave a midnight deadline for those involved in last week's protests against Chinese rule in Lhasa to surrender.

Tourists and other foreigners including media were being expelled from China's Tibetan enclaves as police and the army conducted searches of hotels and guest houses. The Chinese forces also threatened house-to-house searches for non-locals to try to prevent more violence.

Beijing has ordered monasteries to prevent monks from joining protests as it puts in place full military security forces to seal off Tibetan towns and villages from the outside world. Routes from Lanzhou into southern Gansu province, home to many Tibetan towns and monasteries, have been sealed off with police checkpoints.

In the Sichuan region of Aba, close to the Gansu border, monks in Xiahe said they had been told that at least 10 bodies were brought to the Kerti monastery after violent clashes on Sunday in which Tibetans hurled petrol bombs and set a police station and market on fire and police responded with tear gas and then live rounds. The Age could not confirm this.

Dear Beijing,

Monks, no matter their religion, are sacrosanct and are not to be harmed, shot at, beaten or otherwise damaged. For what you have done, your government will suffer.

You are a disgrace to the name of China, and to those who have gone before. Your ancestors look upon you with shame, and you have no honour. May your gods curse you and cast shame upon you for nine times nine years.

Yours sincerely,
major_panic

bono_man2002 said:
Dear Postwhores,

Why do does everything require a letter these days?

Cheers
b_m2002

Dear bono_man2002,

Letters are a nice way of writing, they allow us to express our pent-up anger and frustration at the world. Plus their format looks nice.

Write more letters,
major_panic

bono_man2002 said:

:yes: I think up in the country we got much less rain. but still a shitload, there was some minor flooding.

Supposively Shepparton was due for a flood in 2003. As there were previous floods in 1993 (I vaugely remember riding my bike in) and 1983, and I think one in 1973.

So Bring on 2013 :lol:

:yippie: I can build an Ark!

major_panic said:

Dear bono_man2002,

Letters are a nice way of writing, they allow us to express our pent-up anger and frustration at the world. Plus their format looks nice.

Write more letters,
major_panic

Dear major_panic,

Thank you for your kind response. I see your point and you're letters truly touch my heart.

ready to go home from work,
bono_man2002

Dear postwhores,

I am distracted by lame university stuff. :(

Please do it for me.

Regards,
Ax

Dear postwhores,

The thread is slowing down. However, I think people here actually need to use the computers for work, so I will head off soon.

Yours sincerely,
major_panic

Dear Maj.,

Work is lame. But I feel suddenly overwhelmed by everything I need to do this morning. I've rather seriously neglected stuff. I hope this cool change becomes significant enough that I can wear my blazer and won't have to iron anything ...

Regards,
Ax

Axver said:
Dear Maj.,

Work is lame. But I feel suddenly overwhelmed by everything I need to do this morning. I've rather seriously neglected stuff. I hope this cool change becomes significant enough that I can wear my blazer and won't have to iron anything ...

Regards,
Ax

Dear Ax,

You should probably wash your dishes, if nothing else, before you're invaded by the colony of bacteria that is surely growing on them.

You have also been added to my phonebook as "Andre Axver" as I don't know your last name. I'd tell you more about the cool change, but I'm inside.

Also, I feel bad about using library computers for leisure while everyone around me seems to be working, so I'm heading off.

Have fun postwhores,
major_panic

Axver said:
Dear Maj.,

Regards,
Ax

Dear Ax,

You should probably wash your dishes, if nothing else, before you're invaded by the colony of bacteria that is surely growing on them.

You have also been added to my phonebook as "Andre Axver" as I don't know your last name. I'd tell you more about the cool change, but I'm inside.

Also, I feel bad about using library computers for leisure while everyone around me seems to be working, so I'm heading off.

Have fun postwhores,
major_panic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom