Wittenoom Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, can't find Flicker And Fade. It's somewhere on my hard drive. I'll dig it up in the morning. For now, I'm sending Wild Irish Rose to Ali, then I think I better go to sleep soon. I'm exhausted.

Axver said:
Ugh, can't find Flicker And Fade. It's somewhere on my hard drive. I'll dig it up in the morning. For now, I'm sending Wild Irish Rose to Ali, then I think I better go to sleep soon. I'm exhausted.
:hug: Don't stress over it! Get some rest... I should probably go too. But I'm not really tired and I probably won't be able to sleep anyway...

I need to get more Dallas Crane, I think.

If you're still about, Ax, did you get that song I sent thru YSI last night?

Alisaura said:

Actually, the only ones I'm missing are the Intro and Interlude...

Of course, I haven't listened to all these yet to see if they're the proper songs...

Oh, well, I actually can't help there. I once had a full rip of the album but I lost it, so someone sent me most of the songs but I never got around to getting the remaining tracks, including those two. Off memory, you aren't missing anything.

Alisaura said:

:hug: Don't stress over it! Get some rest... I should probably go too. But I'm not really tired and I probably won't be able to sleep anyway...

Yeah, in this heat, I don't like my chances of getting to sleep much ...

If you're still about, Ax, did you get that song I sent thru YSI last night?

In my usual fashion, I have downloaded but am yet to listen. :reject:

I can't take this heat any more. I'm going to bed with my fan on full blast and hoping to get some escape via sleep.

:wave:

I wore my Guinness t-shirt yesterday without realizing it. silly me.

and, i don't have any guinness so i'm gonna have to drink sam adam's

I'm wearing a shirt that says Slainte and has some sort of Celtic symbol on it. I had to look up the pronunciation online because I always forget how to say it.

My manager wasn't aware there was a separate language spoken by the Irish. "I thought they just had an accent - I didn't know they spoke another language!" :huh: How is it possible not to have known of Gaelic's existence?

corianderstem said:
I'm wearing a shirt that says Slainte and has some sort of Celtic symbol on it. I had to look up the pronunciation online because I always forget how to say it.

My manager wasn't aware there was a separate language spoken by the Irish. "I thought they just had an accent - I didn't know they spoke another language!" :huh: How is it possible not to have known of Gaelic's existence?

lol wooooow. that's funny. i only know how to say "kiss my ass". i'd type it but i don't know how to spell it. an irish jesuit priest taught me :)

Is it Pogue Mahone? I'd always heard that's where The Pogues got their name from. Knowing (what little) what I know about Gaelic, it's probably spelled some really bizarre way.

Our network drives are down at work, which means there is very little I can do right now. It SUCKS.

Here you go:

The name 'Pogues' comes from Pogue Mahone, the anglicisation of the Irish 'póg mo thóin,' meaning "kiss my ass".

unico said:

whoa that's awesome! how nice to have a concert on evacuation day ;)

yup, dling it now, though most of their st patty's concerts are only 3star audience recordings.

the boston globe published an article defending the sham holiday, something about in the 1700s 50 cannons were snuck up on a hill and fired at the british, and it goes with patriots day in april and bunker hill day in june.

If you say Pog, is it a short o, like rhymes with hog, or does it rhyme with vogue?

Varitek said:

yup, dling it now, though most of their st patty's concerts are only 3star audience recordings.

the boston globe published an article defending the sham holiday, something about in the 1700s 50 cannons were snuck up on a hill and fired at the british, and it goes with patriots day in april and bunker hill day in june.

If you say Pog, is it a short o, like rhymes with hog, or does it rhyme with vogue?

it rhymes with vogue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom