Wittenoom Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alisaura said:

All right, but you and Daniel both need to get hold of Spaceballs PRONTO....

*searches Limewire*

What, you don't think the Imax people will agree to my idea of playing it after U2 3D?

Axver said:
At least I was born in the year of The Joshua Tree. :up:
*isn't jealous at all*

Um, I was born in the year of... um... Them deciding to be U2 and not Feedback or whatever else... I think. And probably some bloody awful demos, too! :reject:

Anyway, I have frosty fruits, so nyer. :p

Alisaura said:

*isn't jealous at all*

Um, I was born in the year of... um... Them deciding to be U2 and not Feedback or whatever else... I think. And probably some bloody awful demos, too! :reject:

Anyway, I have frosty fruits, so nyer. :p

:lol: Ah, so you got the Tonight demo!

Also, all those early demos I sent to you are re-labelled to their correct demo sessions, unlike that fake BBC Sessions one.

I have ... a stark shortage of cold food or drinks. Damnit.

Axver said:
If I say that river's going to turn into a nice little glacier moving ever so slowly through the city with the trams running over the top, then that river is going to do precisely that! :wink:
The other problem with your hypothetical Yarra glacier, is that you're assuming that the substance currently "flowing" down the Yarra has properties that are in any way similar to water (in terms of freezing points and so on)....

Alisaura said:

The other problem with your hypothetical Yarra glacier, is that you're assuming that the substance currently "flowing" down the Yarra has properties that are in any way similar to water (in terms of freezing points and so on)....

:lmao:

Axver said:
What, you don't think the Imax people will agree to my idea of playing it after U2 3D?
How about you ask them on the 9th... ;)

It's got a better chance of showing at the Astor or somewhere... :hmm:

Belated farewells to Daniel!

And hi Mia! :hug: That must mean it's my bed time... :(

unico said:
Mornin Superfriends! I woke up to find all sorts of goodies in my e-mail box. Thanks Ax!

Hey Mia!

Hope you enjoy the songs. :)

I believe I still owe Ali some stuff. Flicker And Fade, My Time Hasn't Come, Move Out, and I could've sworn I'd already sent Wild Irish Rose. Do you need those too? I can send them before going to bed.

Alisaura said:

How about you ask them on the 9th... ;)

It's got a better chance of showing at the Astor or somewhere... :hmm:

You're the one who thinks it should be played, so you do it. :wink:

The Astor's awesome. Alternatively, we could just find somebody who has an awesome TV. Know any rich folk?

My TV is spectacular in its 1990s analogueness. :drool:

From the wikipedia page about Absolution:

"Muse's frontman Matthew Bellamy cites influences on the album from Pink Floyd's The Wall, King Crimson's In the Court of the Crimson King,and U2's Achtung Baby."

:up:

Alisaura said:
From the wikipedia page about Absolution:

"Muse's frontman Matthew Bellamy cites influences on the album from Pink Floyd's The Wall, King Crimson's In the Court of the Crimson King,and U2's Achtung Baby."

:up:

I only like one of those albums, despite liking all three of the bands in question. :lol:

Axver said:
My TV is spectacular in its 1990s analogueness. :drool:
You should see my parents' old TV. It is HUGE, on rollers on the floor, and older than me. (ie, 70s vintage)... the brand is "Rank Arena".

:lol:

They have a nice shiny new one too...

Ali, Mia, just e-mailing My Time Hasn't Come and Move Out from the 25/04/87 soundcheck to both of you now.

unico said:
Yikes! Haha I was late to work too. No matter how early I get up I'm always late to work.
And I will keep deluding myself, when I do have a few minutes to spare in the morning, that I really can hop online for only 5 minutes.

:lmao: :lmao:

:reject:

Alisaura said:

You should see my parents' old TV. It is HUGE, on rollers on the floor, and older than me. (ie, 70s vintage)... the brand is "Rank Arena".

:lol:

They have a nice shiny new one too...

:ohmy: :lol:

My only experience with seventies TVs is the one we had in New Zealand when I was little. The remote didn't work, so when I was little, it was exciting to go to other people's places to use a WORKING REMOTE ZOMG WOWZ0RZ.

Alisaura said:

Thank you!! :bow:

*listens to OTH again*

That version of OTH is made of copious amounts of ExtraSuperWin.

Now, after these two songs, I need to send you Flicker And Fade, Wild Irish Rose, and do you lack any other rarities?

Alisaura said:

And I will keep deluding myself, when I do have a few minutes to spare in the morning, that I really can hop online for only 5 minutes.

:lmao: :lmao:

:reject:

:lmao:

I'm actually pretty good at doing that, but it's only because I know I can't miss my tram or I will be late. If I could drive, I'd probably say "I'll just speed or something" and sit around longer.

Axver said:
My only experience with seventies TVs is the one we had in New Zealand when I was little. The remote didn't work, so when I was little, it was exciting to go to other people's places to use a WORKING REMOTE ZOMG WOWZ0RZ.
Ree... mote? :scratch:

It wasn't until they got a VCR that they could even change channels with the remote on that TV. The volume is still manual... little up-and-down slidey thing.

There's a few of these Muse tracks I can't find on Limewire...

Axver said:
Now, after these two songs, I need to send you Flicker And Fade, Wild Irish Rose, and do you lack any other rarities?
I'm sure I do, but I can't think what they might be. :wink: Don't worry about it! You've done wonders :up:

Alisaura said:

Ree... mote? :scratch:

It wasn't until they got a VCR that they could even change channels with the remote on that TV. The volume is still manual... little up-and-down slidey thing.

There's a few of these Muse tracks I can't find on Limewire...

Actually, chances are that was the case with our old TV too, as I remember changing the channels on the VCR rather than the TV. So the useless remote probably belonged to that.

The most irritating thing was that we lived in a shadow that couldn't get TV 3, so we only got Channel One and TV 2. When I came to Australia and there were five free-to-air channels, I was just astounded!

Which tracks can't you find?

unico said:
Funny how internet 5 minutes are much longer than real time 5 minutes.
It's like a 10 to 1 ratio or something.

Either that, or there's a space-time anomaly around my computer... and the Enterprise hasn't shown up yet to investigate (and get trapped in) it.

:waiting:

I must admit, I'm fairly surprised we even had a VCR when I was little. We always lived behind the times with technology. I grew up with music on vinyl and cassettes - vinyl until my father took the record player when my parents divorced in 1993, and cassettes until we moved to Australia and bought our first CD player in 1998. I didn't own a DVD player until 2007, though I've been able to play DVDs through my computer since 2003. And digital TV? There's a laugh. I'll keep going with my old analogue one until it dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom