Wittenoom Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
major_panic said:

Just announced: U2's latest gig will be supporting the Clone Chairman Lmao Foundation, dedicated to the repression of human rights everywhere.

In related news, U2 have announced that they are finally "ready" to play Acrobat and Red Hill Mining Town; Bono had this to say:

"Well, it's been a while really, but my voice has finally been getting back to where it was, like it was when we last played Gloria in 1985, and the Edge is really on fire. We're producing some amazing, amazing sounds, and Larry's become invisible, which has really helped the process along - I mean, there's some real heavy stuff coming out of his drumkit now, y'know? Anyway, Acrobat, a great song from Zooropa, and I'm glad that we've finally come around to playing it."

LMAO.

MOAR? Because I'm so there.

Axver said:
Maj. Panic, friend, wonderful person, fellow Melburnian, believer in Christian charity, be so kind as to bring me a fridge full of delectable drinks to quench the thirst brought on by this awful dry heat, thank you.

Sincerely,
Ax

I would if a) I didn't live about an hour and twenty minutes out, b) it wasn't almost 11pm and c) if it wasn't this stinking hot. Although I think c) probably negates what you wanted anyway.

Besides, you don't really drink beer, so you'd just end up with a fridge full of lemonade or something.

major_panic said:

I would if a) I didn't live about an hour and twenty minutes out, b) it wasn't almost 11pm and c) if it wasn't this stinking hot. Although I think c) probably negates what you wanted anyway.

Besides, you don't really drink beer, so you'd just end up with a fridge full of lemonade or something.

A. I can wait.
B. I'll be up until 2am.
C. I don't care, as long as it's wet.

:wink:

Argh, I was looking for something so I missed the last page or something. Whatever, I was going to go to bed in a minute.

major_panic said:

Just announced: U2's latest gig will be supporting the Clone Chairman Lmao Foundation, dedicated to the repression of human rights everywhere.

In related news, U2 have announced that they are finally "ready" to play Acrobat and Red Hill Mining Town; Bono had this to say:

"Well, it's been a while really, but my voice has finally been getting back to where it was, like it was when we last played Gloria in 1985, and the Edge is really on fire. We're producing some amazing, amazing sounds, and Larry's become invisible, which has really helped the process along - I mean, there's some real heavy stuff coming out of his drumkit now, y'know? Anyway, Acrobat, a great song from Zooropa, and I'm glad that we've finally come around to playing it."

:lmao:

Axver said:

LMAO.

MOAR? Because I'm so there.

Bono also had this to say:

"Red Hill Mining Town? Yeah, another nice tune off the Joshua Tree that we've not played for a long, long time. We haven't played that, really, because I haven't been up to it, nor has Adam - it's all about how the vocals combine with the bass on that song, and until recently we haven't really had the technology to do that."

Later on in the gig, Bono had this to say before One:

"Well, I'm so glad that we're all here to support this worthy, worthy organisation. Lmao Zedong was a truly great man, inspiring character, leading Taiwan to independence despite the attempts at assassination. Now this here is a song that we only play on special occasions, but before that I was wondering if anyone had any song requests?"

"DISCOTHEQUE!"
"I THREW A BRICK!"
"A CELEBRATION!"
"MOFO"

"I heard One, so whatever you want!"

Last edited:
The Sad Punk said:
Alright, the heat has now caught up with me (hopefully for the last time this month?) and I'm ready for bed.

Have a good night/day, guys. :wave:

The heat's really fucked me over today. Need a cool change. Hope you lot get one too.

Have a good one. :wave:

major_panic said:

They're also preventing me from doing my document study, but meh, whatever.

I should be doing readings but it's too hot to even think.

After the gig, Bono released some spoilers for the upcoming album:

"Well, the lead single is gonna be called Blindness, and it's all about the themes of life and death as seen through the eyes of Time, y'know what I'm saying? Edge is really, really hyped about this one, he's telling me that it's the best song we've ever made, and I think I agree with him. Larry's invisible, of course, so I'm not quite sure what he thinks, but there are some truly momentous sounds coming out of that drumkit. Adam, well, Adam has just been playing like there's no tomorrow, I mean there's literally notes flying off his bass onto the pages, flowing like a- a stream of molten metal. It's a great feeling, having this new album, it's a bit like the top of a newborn baby's head."

God damn it, I have to walk around Philly this morning, and it's (does math in his head) 6 degrees outside and windy.

phillyfan26 said:
God damn it, I have to walk around Philly this morning, and it's (does math in his head) 6 degrees outside and windy.

:hmm: Let's even it out with the temperature we have here, that should leave us with a nice 20 or so degrees each.

phillyfan26 said:

Sounds fantastic.

major_panic said:
After the gig, Bono released some spoilers for the upcoming album:

"Well, the lead single is gonna be called Blindness, and it's all about the themes of life and death as seen through the eyes of Time, y'know what I'm saying? Edge is really, really hyped about this one, he's telling me that it's the best song we've ever made, and I think I agree with him. Larry's invisible, of course, so I'm not quite sure what he thinks, but there are some truly momentous sounds coming out of that drumkit. Adam, well, Adam has just been playing like there's no tomorrow, I mean there's literally notes flying off his bass onto the pages, flowing like a- a stream of molten metal. It's a great feeling, having this new album, it's a bit like the top of a newborn baby's head."

:lmao:

Post it on WTAHNN and people will buy it.

The Sad Punk said:
U2St.jpg

To me, "the road rising up to meet you" means you just fell on your face.

Mind you, it being St Pat's Day and all, that's probably happening a lot tonight.

Through inebriation or heat stroke (or both)... :crack:

Alisaura said:

To me, "the road rising up to meet you" means you just fell on your face.

Mind you, it being St Pat's Day and all, that's probably happening a lot tonight.

Through inebriation or heat stroke (or both)... :crack:

:lol:

Hey Ali! :wave:

Just so you know, my gnocchi with napoli sauce was perfectly nice despite the heat and your ideas about the suitability of such food. :wink:

major_panic said:

OMG OMG OMG I AM SOOO EXCITED ABOUT THIS :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: LOLOL I CAN'T EVEN EXPRESS IT WITH THE SMILEYS IS THIS CONFIRMED?

Dude, it's rumou(BLACK).

Axver said:

I assure you, you do not want this.

He's right, you really, really, really don't. For example, it's 11.15pm, and it's 34 degrees celcius outside. THIRTY FOUR DEGREES CELCIUS.

Total Posts: 565
User Posts
major_panic 164
Axver 153

coolian2 89
The Sad Punk 65
bono_man2002 49
Varitek 12
mysterious_jen 9
phillyfan26 7
cinnaminson 6
KhanadaRhodes 5
liamcool 4
Alisaura 1
Screwtape2 1

:ohmy:

Axver said:
Just so you know, my gnocchi with napoli sauce was perfectly nice despite the heat and your ideas about the suitability of such food. :wink:
I was just saying I prefer not to eat pasta/stodgy food in this sort of weather... if you wanna fill up on carbs, that's entirely up to you. :wink:

Hi Ax and Maj. and Bonnie and... who else do I see here....

</Romper Room>

major_panic said:

He's right, you really, really, really don't. For example, it's 11.15pm, and it's 34 degrees celcius outside. THIRTY FOUR DEGREES CELCIUS.

I think it's just steadily descending to tomorrow's forecast high of 30.

Oh fuck. Just checked the Bureau and tomorrow's been revised up to 33. Fuck off.

Axver said:
Total Posts: 565
User Posts
major_panic 164
Axver 153

coolian2 89
The Sad Punk 65
bono_man2002 49
Varitek 12
mysterious_jen 9
phillyfan26 7
cinnaminson 6
KhanadaRhodes 5
liamcool 4
Alisaura 1
Screwtape2 1

That's what happens when you get me started talking about food, and imitating Bono... But anyway I'm about to head off, so you can regain your lead in the meantime!

Holy crap I actually have class tomorrow, and at 9am :madspit:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom