Wittenoom Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

:lol: I know that in Dortmund on 1989-12-16, which had 17 songs (one of which was MLK and another was Bono singing White Christmas), the audience booed when U2 left after Love Rescue Me.

But that was leading up to Bono's total vocal failure two days later in Amsterdam.

Gotta hear Boner's White Christmas.

Y'know what else I love about the Old Testament? Jacob wrestling the angel. He gets pwnd.

I thought the angel was overcome.

major_panic said:
Y'know what else I love about the Old Testament? Jacob wrestling the angel. He gets pwnd.

Jacob was so stoned.

The Sad Punk said:
I thought the angel was overcome.

That's cause you listen to Bono :tsk:

Genesis 32.25-32, NIV:

25 When the man saw that he could not overpower him, he touched the socket of Jacob's hip so that his hip was wrenched as he wrestled with the man. 26 Then the man said, "Let me go, for it is daybreak."
But Jacob replied, "I will not let you go unless you bless me."

27 The man asked him, "What is your name?"
"Jacob," he answered.

28 Then the man said, "Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, [a] because you have struggled with God and with men and have overcome."

29 Jacob said, "Please tell me your name."
But he replied, "Why do you ask my name?" Then he blessed him there.

30 So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, "It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared."

31 The sun rose above him as he passed Peniel, [c] and he was limping because of his hip. 32 Therefore to this day the Israelites do not eat the tendon attached to the socket of the hip, because the socket of Jacob's hip was touched near the tendon.

So really, the angel wasn't overcome, just couldn't win. Then he pwnd Jacob bad. One-hit KO!

The Sad Punk said:
Everybody was pretty stoned in ancient Judea, but don't go telling too many people that. They will have very little of it.

Well, stoning was a pretty popular pastime back then before TVs... :shrug:

major_panic said:

That's cause you listen to Bono :tsk:

Genesis 32.25-32, NIV:

25 When the man saw that he could not overpower him, he touched the socket of Jacob's hip so that his hip was wrenched as he wrestled with the man. 26 Then the man said, "Let me go, for it is daybreak."
But Jacob replied, "I will not let you go unless you bless me."

27 The man asked him, "What is your name?"
"Jacob," he answered.

28 Then the man said, "Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, [a] because you have struggled with God and with men and have overcome."

29 Jacob said, "Please tell me your name."
But he replied, "Why do you ask my name?" Then he blessed him there.

30 So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, "It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared."

31 The sun rose above him as he passed Peniel, [c] and he was limping because of his hip. 32 Therefore to this day the Israelites do not eat the tendon attached to the socket of the hip, because the socket of Jacob's hip was touched near the tendon.

So really, the angel wasn't overcome, just couldn't win. Then he pwnd Jacob bad. One-hit KO!

Hey, I was just kidding. But I recommend you send this to Bono 20 years ago.

The Sad Punk said:

Dear Bono,

Please stop stoning, and read your Bible properly.

PS: Get a haircut.
PPS: Larry will become invisible in 20 years.

Yours sincerely,
major_panic

The Sad Punk said:

Yeah, but this is the guy who sung "early morning, a shot rings out in the Memphis sky".

Frankly, I'd be more worried if Bono got facts RIGHT.

Axver said:

Yeah, but this is the guy who sung "early morning, a shot rings out in the Memphis sky".

Has he ever, you know... gotten a fact right? Is there evidence for this?

Axver said:

True that. Next thing, we'll get an album about how Obama's the first white woman to become President.

Or about saving the whalers, ha.

The Sad Punk said:

Has he ever, you know... gotten a fact right? Is there evidence for this?

He named his daughter Memphis Eve. Otherwise, no.

major_panic said:

True that. Next thing, we'll get an album about how Obama's the first white woman to become President.

Or about saving the whalers, ha.

:lmao:

The Save The Whalers album will be followed by a full scale tour of Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, and Japan, playing town hall after town hall to boost awareness of the plight of whalers!

Axver said:

He named his daughter Memphis Eve. Otherwise, no.

Also, Party Girl was played in Adelaide this last tour, not Sydney.

And U2 didn't even go to Adelaide, but that's according to the Edge.

major_panic said:

Also, Party Girl was played in Adelaide this last tour, not Sydney.

And U2 didn't even go to Adelaide, but that's according to the Edge.

And they hadn't played 40 since 1983 ...

Axver said:

:lmao:

The Save The Whalers album will be followed by a full scale tour of Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, and Japan, playing town hall after town hall to boost awareness of the plight of whalers!

Yeah, I can't see a very sympathetic crowd in this here parts. Unless, of course, they play Acrobat. And WOWY / Shine Like Stars / Never Tear Us Apart / Love Will Tear Us Apart.

Axver said:

And they hadn't played 40 since 1983 ...

At least he got the lyrics to The First Time right, that was astounding. Although I guess he had to concentrate really hard:

"Don't clap through this... It's more difficult than you think."

phillyfan26 said:
Morning, Superthread.

Axver, did you ever try sending Electric Co. to my gmail?

PFan, greetings! :wave:

By the way, Larry's become invisible, and Bono is now Asian.

uwen_bono1.jpg

Maybe Bono will remember things now, like the lyrics to his songs and what year it is.

major_panic said:

Yeah, I can't see a very sympathetic crowd in this here parts. Unless, of course, they play Acrobat. And WOWY / Shine Like Stars / Never Tear Us Apart / Love Will Tear Us Apart.

I don't care what they support if they do Acrobat, really.

Maj. Panic, friend, wonderful person, fellow Melburnian, believer in Christian charity, be so kind as to bring me a fridge full of delectable drinks to quench the thirst brought on by this awful dry heat, thank you.

Sincerely,
Ax

Axver said:

I don't care what they support if they do Acrobat, really.

Just announced: U2's latest gig will be supporting the Clone Chairman Lmao Foundation, dedicated to the repression of human rights everywhere.

In related news, U2 have announced that they are finally "ready" to play Acrobat and Red Hill Mining Town; Bono had this to say:

"Well, it's been a while really, but my voice has finally been getting back to where it was, like it was when we last played Gloria in 1985, and the Edge is really on fire. We're producing some amazing, amazing sounds, and Larry's become invisible, which has really helped the process along - I mean, there's some real heavy stuff coming out of his drumkit now, y'know? Anyway, Acrobat, a great song from Zooropa, and I'm glad that we've finally come around to playing it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom