Wittenoom Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As cool as much of the 29/11/89 Osaka set is, the overall length would make me feel very ripped off:

1. Where The Streets Have No Name
2. I Will Follow
3. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Exodus (snippet)
4. MLK
5. The Unforgettable Fire
6. Bullet The Blue Sky / Whole Lotta Love (snippet)
7. Desire / 1969 (snippet)
8. All Along The Watchtower / Like A Hurricane (snippet)
9. All I Want Is You
10. Van Diemen's Land
11. New Year's Day
12. Pride (In The Name Of Love)

encore(s):
13. Angel Of Harlem
14. When Love Comes To Town / In The Midnight Hour (snippet)
15. Love Rescue Me
16. With Or Without You / Shine Like Stars (snippet) / Love Will Tear Us Apart (snippet)

Axver said:
As cool as much of the 29/11/89 Osaka set is, the overall length would make me feel very ripped off:

1. Where The Streets Have No Name
2. I Will Follow
3. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Exodus (snippet)
4. MLK
5. The Unforgettable Fire
6. Bullet The Blue Sky / Whole Lotta Love (snippet)
7. Desire / 1969 (snippet)
8. All Along The Watchtower / Like A Hurricane (snippet)
9. All I Want Is You
10. Van Diemen's Land
11. New Year's Day
12. Pride (In The Name Of Love)

encore(s):
13. Angel Of Harlem
14. When Love Comes To Town / In The Midnight Hour (snippet)
15. Love Rescue Me
16. With Or Without You / Shine Like Stars (snippet) / Love Will Tear Us Apart (snippet)

That's what, an hour and a half?

BUT it has WOWY / Shine Like Stars / Love Will Tear Us Apart... :hmm:

That does look pretty short. What length is the file?

I guess Bono must have not liked that particular crowd, because 1989-12-01 looks like it would have been waaay better.

major_panic said:

That's what, an hour and a half?

BUT it has WOWY / Shine Like Stars / Love Will Tear Us Apart... :hmm:

I doubt it's even that. 80 minutes? I mean, one of those 16 songs is MLK, which really isn't a song!

The Sad Punk said:

I guess Bono must have not liked that particular crowd, because 1989-12-01 looks like it would have been waaay better.

I've heard that Japanese crowds are usually pretty quiet, maybe that's why?

Axver said:

I doubt it's even that. 80 minutes? I mean, one of those 16 songs is MLK, which really isn't a song!

I am so glad that U2 have released 5 albums since then; it means that all the shows we get have a fair few more songs than "back in the day", and if not more, then more variety (theoretically).

The Sad Punk said:

It fits on one disc if you take out the taped intro music, 79:16 long.

1989-12-01 is one of the legendary U2 sets. :drool:

liamcool said:

Surely you jest...

uwen_bono1.jpg

The new-look U2.

major_panic said:

I am so glad that U2 have released 5 albums since then; it means that all the shows we get have a fair few more songs than "back in the day", and if not more, then more variety (theoretically).

Well, really, U2 just seemed to be fond of short sets in the eighties. They rarely hit the two hour mark, despite having the material to do it rather easily.

Axver said:

Well, really, U2 just seemed to be fond of short sets in the eighties. They rarely hit the two hour mark, despite having the material to do it rather easily.

More time to do coke afterwards, I suppose.

(NOTE drugs at U2 shows are first Blessed by an affiliate of the Pope so it is Heavenly and Without Sin and not at all Immoral in the eyes of our Lord and Saviour Christ because U2 are Pure Sons of the Holy Spirit and do not get up to Antics)

The Sad Punk said:

More time to do coke afterwards, I suppose.

(NOTE drugs at U2 shows is first Blessed by an affiliate of the Pope so it is Heavenly and Without Sin and not at all Immoral in the eyes of our Lord and Saviour Christ)

YARLY2.jpg

The Sad Punk said:
I bet there were hell of Asahi bottles thrown on the stage as U2 were leaving on 29-11.

:lol: I know that in Dortmund on 1989-12-16, which had 17 songs (one of which was MLK and another was Bono singing White Christmas), the audience booed when U2 left after Love Rescue Me.

But that was leading up to Bono's total vocal failure two days later in Amsterdam.

major_panic said:

There is. Larry's now become invisible. Like I said, the new-look U2.

Adam too? I mean, he should be to you- uh, Bono's left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom