Wittenoom Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
major_panic said:
I wonder who was commentating then, and what they said. :hmm: I hope it was Grieg and Benaud.

I hope Tony Greig starts hocking off a special collector's edition "Symonds shoulder charges the streaker" plaque. I'll buy one.

bono_man2002 said:

Book. Cover. Don't Judge

You know the story :wink:

They could have called it Ian's motherfucking gigantor pinus tour for all I care.

:lmao: I would so buy anything with that name.

Why is it called HAARP, though?

major_panic said:

That one was funny, but got lame very quickly. The only thing it had going for it was that it was based off "I Vow To Thee My Country".

It also had a couple of alarmingly sexist lines.

I just loved how quickly it got pulled from the air once Australia got kicked out of the Cup.

Axver said:

I hope Tony Greig starts hocking off a special collector's edition "Symonds shoulder charges the streaker" plaque. I'll buy one.

Do I have to mention the bargain prices again?

Fully Framed with signatures photocopied and stuck on both from Andrew Sydmonds and the Streaker....$5,999

Half Framed $ 5,990.

Oh, for goodness sakes. Why does a theology document study, which could be made of SuperWin, end up being a shallow 500 word description of what the document says without critically commenting on it?!

major_panic said:

I think we need like a "Top Ten Funniest Moments In Sport" thread just so we can all nominate that.

Preferably one only visible to non-American posters. As we all know, American sports suck and American humour usually sucks. I don't want to have to wade through 10 posts about American pansyball just to find onea bout Symonds shoulder-charging the streaker.

Axver said:

It also had a couple of alarmingly sexist lines.

I just loved how quickly it got pulled from the air once Australia got kicked out of the Cup.

It was like when Australia was doing well in the Soccer World Cup, then got CHEATED by Italy. All the ads disappeared in a flash.

bono_man2002 said:

Do I have to mention the bargain prices again?

Fully Framed with signatures photocopied and stuck on both from Andrew Sydmonds and the Streaker....$5,999

Half Framed $ 5,990.

Do I have the option of 5,990 easy monthly payments?

Axver said:

Preferably one only visible to non-American posters. As we all know, American sports suck and American humour usually sucks. I don't want to have to wade through 10 posts about American pansyball just to find onea bout Symonds shoulder-charging the streaker.

Another Top Ten moment would have to be McGrath's scoring 61 not out.

major_panic said:
Oh, for goodness sakes. Why does a theology document study, which could be made of SuperWin, end up being a shallow 500 word description of what the document says without critically commenting on it?!

Because God hates your critical commentary.

major_panic said:

Another Top Ten moment would have to be McGrath's scoring 61 not out.

A top three moment would be Australia losing to Bangladesh in an ODI.

I couldn't stop laughing when that happened. I was in the US at the time and nobody could figure out why I found it so funny. But it kept me in a good mood the entire day.

Ooh, another Top Ten Funny Moment: any time that Mark Webber actually finishes a race.

Now there's another case of the Australian media totally sensationalising our local talent, or lack thereof.

major_panic said:

Every time you write a critical commentary, God kills a kitten?

Going by the Old Testament, he kills an entire race.

GOD = Genocide On Demand?

major_panic said:
Ooh, another Top Ten Funny Moment: any time that Mark Webber actually finishes a race.

Now there's another case of the Australian media totally sensationalising our local talent, or lack thereof.

:lol:

How about Steven Bradbury winning gold in the speed skating at the 2002 Winter Olympics?

That was FUCKING AMAZINGLY FUNNY.

Axver said:

Going by the Old Testament, he kills an entire race.

GOD = Genocide On Demand?

What I love most about the OT is God's interactions with Moses.

Moses: "Damn it, these Israelites are a bunch of obnoxious idiots! God, kill them!"

God: "Now now, Moses, calm down and think good thoughts."

Later...

God: "Damn it, these Israelites haven't done what I said, AGAIN! That's it, I'm gonna smite them like I smote all those other idiots!"

Moses: "Whoah, whoah, God, calm down there and think happy thoughts."

Axver said:

:lol:

How about Steven Bradbury winning gold in the speed skating at the 2002 Winter Olympics?

That was FUCKING AMAZINGLY FUNNY.

AHH YEAH THAT! Even the media found it funny, it was like "lulz we won two gold medals at the Winter Olympics, one through aerial skier chick and the other through STEVE BRADBURY LOL!"

major_panic said:

AHH YEAH THAT! Even the media found it funny, it was like "lulz we won two gold medals at the Winter Olympics, one through aerial skier chick and the other through STEVE BRADBURY LOL!"

Don Bradman aside, Steven Bradbury is the BEST. AUSTRALIAN SPORTSPERSON. EVER. Holy shit, the look on his face when he won was just priceless.

Axver said:

Don Bradman aside, Steven Bradbury is the BEST. AUSTRALIAN SPORTSPERSON. EVER. Holy shit, the look on his face when he won was just priceless.

LOL OMG I JUST WON ROFL!

2001794616.jpg

major_panic said:

LOL OMG I JUST WON ROFL!

2001794616.jpg

I love the guys in the background desperately scrambling to get over the line.

I remember the whole thing clear as day. That was just so fucking incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom