Wittenoom Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bono_man2002 said:

Are you kidding me?....Who ever the local team is, the commentators are biased.

Like Eddie McGuire with Collingwood.

This is my point exactly. Australian commentary is the pits.

Compare Aussie rugby commentary to commentary from anywhere else in the world. During the Rugby World Cup, there were some games that the Australians couldn't be bothered commentating, so we got some English commentary. I nearly cried from happiness.

And fuck, I miss Kiwi commentary. I think the difference is that Kiwi rugby commentators know the All Blacks are the best team in the world, so they don't need to go on about it, while Australian commentators want to think they're the best in the world at absolutely everything so they need to go on about it to convince themselves of this "fact".

major_panic said:

Y'know what sickens me? A Current Affair and Today Tonight.

:larry: FOAD!:larry:

I think they should be renamed A Current Hysteria and Xenophobia Tonight.

Axver said:

And fuck, I miss Kiwi commentary. I think the difference is that Kiwi rugby commentators know the All Blacks are the best team in the world, so they don't need to go on about it, while Australian commentators want to think they're the best in the world at absolutely everything so they need to go on about it to convince themselves of this "fact".

Thats not being biased at all :lol:

And I don't know anything about Rugby (Oh thats right....I don't have Pay TV!) I'm made to believe there are no games and then world cup's every 4 years!!

Axver said:

I think they should be renamed A Current Hysteria and Xenophobia Tonight.

Yeah, I remember watching one of them when the Govt first decided to "intervene" in the NT. I wanted to throw the remote at the TV.

major_panic said:

It's like skydiving, really, only slightly less regulated but a fair bit safer. Besides, you look cool, and occasionally girls come to look at teh zomg shiney! objects.

Plus, there's the Asian anime crowd, who're always fascinated by us. Pity there aren't many good-looking ones there. They're usually the weird geeky Asian guys.

:lol:

To me, it looks a hell of a lot more dangerous than skydiving. If your main parachute fucks up, the odds of your reserve parachute fucking up on the same day is wildly slim. In what you do, if you just slip a tiny little bit, someone's lost an ear, no?

Axver said:

This is my point exactly. Australian commentary is the pits.

Compare Aussie rugby commentary to commentary from anywhere else in the world. During the Rugby World Cup, there were some games that the Australians couldn't be bothered commentating, so we got some English commentary. I nearly cried from happiness.

Aussie cricket commentary makes me lol. Especially the Chappell bloke and Tony Grieg.

The only one I have respect for, really, is Ritchie Benaud.

Axver said:

To me, it looks a hell of a lot more dangerous than skydiving. If your main parachute fucks up, the odds of your reserve parachute fucking up on the same day is wildly slim. In what you do, if you just slip a tiny little bit, someone's lost an ear, no?

DON'T WORRY!

The university is surrounded by hospitals! :happy:

bono_man2002 said:

Thats not being biased at all :lol:

And I don't know anything about Rugby (Oh thats right....I don't have Pay TV!) I'm made to believe there are no games and then world cup's every 4 years!!

Hey, statistically, the All Blacks are far and away the best rugby team of all time, and quite possibly the most successful team in any major sport (I believe only Brazil's soccer team could challenge that). I can go for winning games over 83% of the time over the span of more than a century.

And at least you have the likelihood of getting pay TV sometime. I'm stuck here in the sporting wilderness. :(

cinnaminson said:

ooo ooo, let me get on the complain train too :hyper:

how many times can they re-hash the same stories?? Crabby neighbour disputes, hard done by families, shops scanning prices incorrectly and the lovable Aussie characters :rolleyes:

Don't forget meeting the con-man in the carpark!

cinnaminson said:

ooo ooo, let me get on the complain train too :hyper:

how many times can they re-hash the same stories?? Crabby neighbour disputes, hard done by families, shops scanning prices incorrectly and the lovable Aussie characters :rolleyes:

We're real Aussies - we're all living next to the neighbours from hell, being cheated by Safeway and Coles' price-fixing and we're all white families with 3 kids aged 2, 5 and 18!

major_panic said:

Aussie cricket commentary makes me lol. Especially the Chappell bloke and Tony Grieg.

The only one I have respect for, really, is Ritchie Benaud.

Tony Greig brings the lulz. Get your own lulz, limited to a special run of 200 and signed personally by Tony Greig, for only $399! Framed for $499!

And Richie Benaud is the best commentator ever. For any sport. The man is a god.

Axver said:
And at least you have the likelihood of getting pay TV sometime. I'm stuck here in the sporting wilderness. :(

Oh, what's that I hear? SPORT GOT SOLD OUT TO PAY TV AGAIN? Oh that's right, we normal people who can't afford to pay $40 a month don't deserve sport! :happy:

PAY TV, LARRY HAS A MESSAGE FOR YOU: FOAD.

major_panic said:
Yeah, I remember watching one of them when the Govt first decided to "intervene" in the NT. I wanted to throw the remote at the TV.

There was a really fucking disturbing ad a year ago for one of them, I think ACA, about the "tide of Asian immigration" that for the first time outnumbered white immigration, "creating a community within a community", and the story was going to cover "the fight to stop it", i.e. the immigration, not the isolated communities.

I nearly vomited.

coolian2 said:

Mr X, what about the poor families?

Mr X, what about the X family, when will they get their money back?

*sincere reporting tones*
"Mr X, how do you feel about having cheated the Australian public?"

"Mr X, how do you feel about having lied to the Australian people?"

major_panic said:

Oh, what's that I hear? SPORT GOT SOLD OUT TO PAY TV AGAIN? Oh that's right, we normal people who can't afford to pay $40 a month don't deserve sport! :happy:

PAY TV, LARRY HAS A MESSAGE FOR YOU: FOAD.

Being sold to pay TV is the kiss of death too. Just compare attendance at international cricket over the last ten years, which is on free-to-air, to attendance at domestic cricket over the last ten years, which was sold in that time to Foxtel and now struggles to attract 300 people to the MC fuckin' G.

Axver said:

Hey, statistically, the All Blacks are far and away the best rugby team of all time, and quite possibly the most successful team in any major sport (I believe only Brazil's soccer team could challenge that). I can go for winning games over 83% of the time over the span of more than a century.

I'm not saying they aren't the best team in the world. But look if its Uruguay Vs Fucking at Fucking's home ground, The Fucking Commentators are going to barrick for fucking

cinnaminson said:

:wave:

I think my neighbours would qualify as being from hell. They always have delicious smelling BBQ's while little ole me is having spaghetti with cheese for my tea:grumpy:

REPORT IT TO ACA!!!!!

:hyper:

major_panic said:

*sincere reporting tones*
"Mr X, how do you feel about having cheated the Australian public?"

"Mr X, how do you feel about having lied to the Australian people?"

"Mrs Simpson, why do you hate Americans?"

I saw that episode for the first time on Saturday. For a new episode, it wasn't that bad.

Axver said:

There was a really fucking disturbing ad a year ago for one of them, I think ACA, about the "tide of Asian immigration" that for the first time outnumbered white immigration, "creating a community within a community", and the story was going to cover "the fight to stop it", i.e. the immigration, not the isolated communities.

I nearly vomited.

I would have loved to have been interviewed for that story. *pulls nunchaku out* What's that? You say you want a fight to stop it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom