With Olympics only 30 days away, whats your fave memory of Olympics? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 08-07-2004, 08:35 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 05:05 AM
I am so looking forward to Roy and HG, and hopefully Fatso the Wombat will make an appearance too,

I only ever really paid attention to the last Olympics, and the most memorable event from that one was probably the Aussies winning gold in 4 x 100 swimming race.

The most heartbreaking one has to be Jane Saville disqualified just a few moments away from winning gold in walking,

Old 08-08-2004, 03:00 AM   #17
Jesus Online
Local Time: 04:05 PM
I wonder if Fatso will be allowed to return. During the Sydney games, they got in trouble as we skips all went nuts over him and there was a problem with the tourists thinking he was an official mascot and so SOCOG said "Nuh dont think so boys, retire him".
Party Poopers

<a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/angelaharlem/thPaul_Roos28.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...aul_Roos28.jpg</a>
Old 08-10-2004, 10:36 AM   #18
Local Time: 06:05 AM
As portuguese, it can only be Carlos Lopes winning the marathon in LA '84
Old 08-15-2004, 04:03 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 02:05 AM
The greatest moment in the olympics I didn't see it live...

It was the Olympic Torch ignition at Barcelona 92... that dude throwing the flaming arrow to the torch... just amazing

*500 post... *
Old 08-15-2004, 07:50 PM   #20
Local Time: 01:05 AM
My greatest memory would be of course my home city hosting the Olympics in 1996.

One memory that sticks out would be when the Olympic torch ran through my college town in the summer. My boyfriend at the time and I along with several of our friends went to watch the torch come by. It was a lot of fun and funny as hell to see one of our good friend's get caught up in the moment and start running along side the head coach of our football team who was picked to run with the torch. then attacking the free watermelon bin afterwards was funny as hell too.

oh the memories.

Despite the lame opening cermonies that Atlanta provided, it was a great time leading up to the Olympics and when the games finally came here.