with his big stick and strong grip, barry bonds...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
will break the now worthless homerun record, but the Yankees will once again win the worthless formality known as the World Series

I hate all of this, the owners are ramming baseball into the ground with more homeruns, more free agents, more useless teams, more fries and wieners and half-filled, warm beers that cost $6.5O

blah, if i see one more Yankees hat that's any other colour than the 23 different colours they sell now, i'll will be really mad

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
when i said "wieners" I didn't mean the fine people of Vienna (Wien)

I actually thought you were referring to, um-well, nevermind

I'm a Clevelander. The Yankees can bite me.

------------------
Goonies never say die!

Originally posted by njf77:
Never liked Barry Bonds. It's a shame when a record stood for so long, and now it is being broken twice in 3 years.

Say what you want about his personality (and I do think he's been trying to change in recent years), but it's not his fault that he gets to whale on triple-A pitchers. That's what expansion has done for the game.

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
I'm a Clevelander. The Yankees can bite me.

We need contraction!! Get rid of Montreal, Cleveland and Florida!! And the Atlanta braves too. I hate Atlanta!

A Mets fan

Originally posted by Deathbear's Fly Girl:
$6.50 for beer is obsurd.

Hey, $6.50 is market price. At least its a 16 ounce beer. I was just at good 'ole Joshua Tree on 3rd ave in NYC and they were charging me pretty damn clost to $6.50. $5.50 to be exact...for a Guinness of course.

A Mets fan

Well does your beer man know you by name??
Didn't think so.

Well I guess that has to do with the fact that I've had the same seats for years now.
Anyhoo...

smile.gif

P.S. I like the Mets
The Yankees can kiss it

------------------
Goonies never say die!

Never liked Barry Bonds. It's a shame when a record stood for so long, and now it is being broken twice in 3 years.

------------------
Nate

"Ready for the shuffle
Ready for the deal
Ready to let go of the steering wheel
I'm ready
Ready for the crush"

-Zoo Station

$6.50 for beer is obsurd.

------------------
Weiners are people too. ?

Anyone who 'coincidentally' gains 35-50 lbs of muscle mass in the off season shouldnt be allowed to win... it should be skill like it was back in the day. All muscle growth stimulants, preformance enhancers, and all that crap should be banned...

------------------
"Women can fake orgasms, but men can fake whole relationships."

ahhhh the good ole days...

back when stadiums weren't named after corporations... well... um except for wrigley field...

and when players didn't use performance enahncers... well... except for many players from the 60s, including willie mays admitting to popping the occasional amphedamine to give him an energy boost...

when players didn't cheat to get ahead... well... except for gaylord perry and ty cobb and a few other hall of famers...

and when they cared about their bodies... well... except for mickey mantle obliterating his liver with alcohol...

when people didn't hit rediculous homerun numbers, breaking the record every year... well... except for when babe ruth would hit more homeruns than 10 entire teams combined

when it wasn't all about the money... well... except for those 1919 white sox, and of course that pete rose guy...

when the yankees didn't buy all their players... well... except for in the 1920s when harry frazee baisicly sold off the entire red sox team, not just babe ruth, to the yankees...

and when the yankees didn't win every year... well... except for 1923, 1927, 1936, 1937, 1938, 1939, 1941, 1943, 1947, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1956, 1958, 1961, 1962, 1977 & 1981...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh yes how i yearn for the good ole days

Last edited:
speedracer said:

Say what you want about his personality (and I do think he's been trying to change in recent years), but it's not his fault that he gets to whale on triple-A pitchers. That's what expansion has done for the game.

Very correct... this if anything should put an * on the record not the steroids. Bonds has the same bat speed as he did when he got into the league. I'm not say the "roids" don't have anyhting to do with it... it is the other things that have influenced it a lot more.

Back
Top Bottom