Winslow, Arizona - Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh Good luck! I'm sure you'll do fine. I take it you would prefer go for grab the Radio Job? even if the pay isn't as good, it may be better to do something you enjoy and are more excited about.

What sort of work would you be doing at the radio station?

We are stressing out about wedding plans a bit. We think we have picked a venue for the reception (which is totally awesome), but not sure we want the ceremony at the same place....nor do we have anywhere else in mind. I'm also yet to pick a best man.

Plus not all of Nicoles family get along....yeah...fun stuff. trying to get both my parents to sit down and help organise stuff is hard too...

Those videos were awesome, literally almost died laughing.

The question is just whether the radio job is a nowhere kind of thing or not, is more the size of it. We'll find out. I really like the lady that I had my phone interview with today for the local job, it's just that I don't know if it's a position for me.

The radio station would be on air/behind the scenes.

I didn't realize you were getting married :ohmy:. Congratulations!
Travis is having some groomsmen trouble himself. Hope he doesn't see this message, but hopefully he didn't forget that he's supposed to ask his last guy by tomorrow afternoon because we're going to put a hold on tuxes Friday :uhoh:.

I agree on getting the parents to talk. It's hard enough as it is with Travis' parents in MD, but my parents are only 10 miles apart, but they just can't help me out of course :rolleyes: lol.

Those videos were made at the times they said they were lol. Literal videos always amuse me. Maybe another one will come in the future :ohmy:

Eh, its gotten a lot worse. Even though dad is living back at home, in the spare room. My sister isn't really helping things...with being a bit rebellious....Random parties, heaps of people almost always over on EVERY weekend....we even found a bong floating around the house a few weeks ago.

It pisses me off a lot as my room usually gets invaded as well..people sleep in here when I'm away at the weekends.

otherwise i keep myself out of it! :wink:

Oh man, that's pretty shit. I can see why you don't get Nicole to come up to Shepp on weekends!

Oh man, that's pretty shit. I can see why you don't get Nicole to come up to Shepp on weekends!

Haha. well she does occasionally. and even at times during the week. but she doesn't really have much of an income at the moment.

Plus we wouldn't really wanna be around for weekend long parties! :wink:

The question is just whether the radio job is a nowhere kind of thing or not, is more the size of it. We'll find out. I really like the lady that I had my phone interview with today for the local job, it's just that I don't know if it's a position for me.

The radio station would be on air/behind the scenes.

I didn't realize you were getting married :ohmy:. Congratulations!
Travis is having some groomsmen trouble himself. Hope he doesn't see this message, but hopefully he didn't forget that he's supposed to ask his last guy by tomorrow afternoon because we're going to put a hold on tuxes Friday :uhoh:.

I agree on getting the parents to talk. It's hard enough as it is with Travis' parents in MD, but my parents are only 10 miles apart, but they just can't help me out of course :rolleyes: lol.

Those videos were made at the times they said they were lol. Literal videos always amuse me. Maybe another one will come in the future :ohmy:

I can see it now, "Coming up next, The Killers, followed by The Killers, and then some Brandon Flowers...and then...some Killers! I hope everything works out.

Geez Ashley, where have you been??? :wink: (I actually thought you must have known already....) But thanks :) We were engaged in July...and I have one extremely long story and how I finally got permission...It was one hell of a tough, funny time!

I'm supposed to have decided on best man and stuff before U2 come to town..so there's pressure on there. Nicole has all her people sorted out....and while I have a bit of an idea....I have a few candidates! :lol:

I can see it now, "Coming up next, The Killers, followed by The Killers, and then some Brandon Flowers...and then...some Killers! I hope everything works out.

Geez Ashley, where have you been??? :wink: (I actually thought you must have known already....) But thanks :) We were engaged in July...and I have one extremely long story and how I finally got permission...It was one hell of a tough, funny time!

I'm supposed to have decided on best man and stuff before U2 come to town..so there's pressure on there. Nicole has all her people sorted out....and while I have a bit of an idea....I have a few candidates! :lol:

:madspit: :lol:
Just got a call for another job interview tomorrow but I need to do some investigation to find out what the job even IS :uhoh:

Honestly? I don't really know all that much about your relationship :uhoh:. So I'm very glad to hear this news. Did you ask permission? Because that is like the sweetest thing ever. Travis asked my dad after some coaxing from my mom and I and that was hilarious.

Travis asked his guy (who happens to be one of my best friends) and he said yes, so now I'm all bubbly with excitement. Good luck, You.

:madspit: :lol:
Just got a call for another job interview tomorrow but I need to do some investigation to find out what the job even IS :uhoh:

Honestly? I don't really know all that much about your relationship :uhoh:. So I'm very glad to hear this news. Did you ask permission? Because that is like the sweetest thing ever. Travis asked my dad after some coaxing from my mom and I and that was hilarious.

Travis asked his guy (who happens to be one of my best friends) and he said yes, so now I'm all bubbly with excitement. Good luck, You.

Oh Jobs flying everywhere!

Yeah I did ask for Permission. That was the one rule! Haha. I was supposed to ask her mum on the Friday night after picking her up from the Airport. However the world had already started working against me, This happened to be the same weekend Greek traffic controllers decided to go on strike, thus she was stuck in Abu Dhabi for a day.

I eventually got to asking her mum on the Sunday night (amongst waiting for her to get off the phone with her best friend) and Nicole's siblings hanging around...at one point, I had a clear moment, then her brother decided to pop downstairs for a sandwich and chat :lol:

Good work Travis :up: Haha....yes, I think I'd better sort my stuff out in the next week. :crazy:

Goddamn it. I was eating my lunch at work and suddenly got extremely nauseous. I hope that's not a sign of things to come...

So far, being pregnant, if I'm pregnant, not that much fun.

Oh Jobs flying everywhere!

Yeah I did ask for Permission. That was the one rule! Haha. I was supposed to ask her mum on the Friday night after picking her up from the Airport. However the world had already started working against me, This happened to be the same weekend Greek traffic controllers decided to go on strike, thus she was stuck in Abu Dhabi for a day.

I eventually got to asking her mum on the Sunday night (amongst waiting for her to get off the phone with her best friend) and Nicole's siblings hanging around...at one point, I had a clear moment, then her brother decided to pop downstairs for a sandwich and chat :lol:

Good work Travis :up: Haha....yes, I think I'd better sort my stuff out in the next week. :crazy:

Yes, I'm very very nervous about tomorrow now :uhoh:. I have to 1) Go to an interview at 8 am, 2) Go to an interview at 10:15, 3) Go to school with Travis so I can go to the big pet store and try and find Bowie better food and 4) Go to Men's Warehouse to get the Tux situation figured out, and that's an hour's drive from here. Then Saturday I get to go to an interview in Chicago :happy:

Ha! Travis' adventures were almost as haphazard, he couldn't get my dad on his cell phone, called the house and found out he was at work and was going to give up, but I gave him the number to the Fire Station and he called up there :lol:

:hyper: Weddings. I'm so excited for you Danielllllll!
Goddamn it. I was eating my lunch at work and suddenly got extremely nauseous. I hope that's not a sign of things to come...

So far, being pregnant, if I'm pregnant, not that much fun.

:ohmy: Have you tested yourself yet?

Nauseous from worry. I can't test for another week.

Yes, I'm very very nervous about tomorrow now :uhoh:. I have to 1) Go to an interview at 8 am, 2) Go to an interview at 10:15, 3) Go to school with Travis so I can go to the big pet store and try and find Bowie better food and 4) Go to Men's Warehouse to get the Tux situation figured out, and that's an hour's drive from here. Then Saturday I get to go to an interview in Chicago :happy:

Ha! Travis' adventures were almost as haphazard, he couldn't get my dad on his cell phone, called the house and found out he was at work and was going to give up, but I gave him the number to the Fire Station and he called up there :lol:

:hyper: Weddings. I'm so excited for you Danielllllll!

Wow. Busy busy weekend ahead. The superthread is all growing up! (Its kind of scary!) :giggle:

Haha, and I'm sure if your father was still unreachable,Travis could have made up some story about a cat stuck up a tree or something to get his attention :lol:

Likewise for you Ashley! :hyper: Its a pretty awesome feeling, I gotta admit. Do you guys have a date? I could probably check the thread in lemonade stand, but that would mean not being lazy. Heck I'm already not doing my work!

Super busy. I'm nervous too because I'm afraid the first job will offer me a position, and I'm not sure to how to go about saying, "Lemme get back witchu".

We're getting married Feb. 12th, so...very soon :uhoh:

We're getting married Feb. 12th, so...very soon :uhoh:

Wow. We're looking at the 26th of Novemeber....... 2011 :wink: Was going to be December 3rd, but it falls on one of my mates birthdays! (which I know isn't the complete reason why we changed it...but y'know)

Btw. I've started to work though the complete Trashley list. Having bowled over the following albums in the last couple of days:

The National – High Violet
Frightened Rabbit – The Winter of Mixed Drinks
Shearwater - The Golden Archipelago (I really love this one!)

I was going to go from worst to best, however BOTH lists 'worst' album starts with Lil Wayne....and I Just don't think I could do it! :laugh:

MOOOOOOOOORNING, Sunshine.

Wow. We're looking at the 26th of Novemeber....... 2011 :wink: Was going to be December 3rd, but it falls on one of my mates birthdays! (which I know isn't the complete reason why we changed it...but y'know)

Btw. I've started to work though the complete Trashley list. Having bowled over the following albums in the last couple of days:

The National – High Violet
Frightened Rabbit – The Winter of Mixed Drinks
Shearwater - The Golden Archipelago (I really love this one!)

I was going to go from worst to best, however BOTH lists 'worst' album starts with Lil Wayne....and I Just don't think I could do it! :laugh:

It drove me nuts having it be a year away, I admit. And now that it's three months away, I'm still antsy. I really just want to get it over with...but there could be other reasons I feel that way >_>

<3 all three of those.

STAY AWAY FROM LIL WAYNE... stay FAR....FAR...Away.

Once I'm done with Brokencyde Will Never Die, I'm so going to have to get onto that Lil Wayne album.

So, my current ringtone is the intro to "Just Can't Get Enough" and I can't figure which of us is going to crack first, Travis or I. I hear it more, and it's already driving me insane, but Travis seems to hate it more, so I'm trying to see who can hold out longer at this point.

Back
Top Bottom