Winona Ryder found GUILTY on 2 counts... Thoughts? - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 11-07-2002, 05:55 PM   #31
She's the One
Local Time: 07:04 AM
Originally posted by U2Bama

Offensive!!! Offensive!!!

I don't get it.

Old 11-07-2002, 10:15 PM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 08:04 AM

It's just my way of finger-pointing when I see someone post something that I deem to be offensive.

Old 11-08-2002, 05:42 PM   #33
you are what you is
Local Time: 04:04 PM
I didn't see what the big deal is
it's not as if she remixed some of her earlier work
now that would be a crime
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 12-09-2002, 02:09 PM   #34
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator
Local Time: 10:04 AM

As we predicted..........

Ryder receives 3 years probation

Actress also sentenced to community service, counseling, fines
Actress Winona Ryder listens Friday as Sak's Fifth Avenue lawyer Kevin Metzner reads a statement prior to her sentencing for shoplifting.

LOS ANGELES, Dec. 6 Actress Winona Ryder was sentenced Friday to three years probation, 480 hours of community service, drug and psychological counseling and fines for stealing from a Saks Fifth Avenue store. The judge also warned her that if she steals again she will go jail, and ordered her to pay a total of $10,000 in fines and restitution.

What is of concern to me in this matter is that you have refused ... to accept responsibility for what happened on Dec. 12.

THE TWO-TIME Academy Award nominee was convicted on Nov. 6 of grand theft and felony vandalism for stealing more than $5,560 in goods and damaging a $795 Calvin Klein purse during a Dec. 12, 2001 shoplifting spree at the Saks Fifth Avenue branch here.
In a statement just before sentencing Ryder, Superior Court Judge Elden Fox told her: It is not my intention in this matter to make an example of you, but added: Im going to hold you accountable. ... What is of concern to me in this matter is that you have refused ... to accept responsibility for what happened on Dec. 12.
He went on to say: If you steal again, you will go to jail. Do you understand that?
In a wan voice, Ryder replied: Yes. I do.

Ryder, 31, could have received up to three years in prison, but prosecutors, noting it is her first offense, had recommended that she should be placed on three years probation, complete 480 hours of community service, get drug and psychiatric counseling and pay $26,000 in fines and restitution.
While ordering Ryder to pay more than $6,300 in restitution to the Beverly Hills store, plus $3,700 in fines to the court, the judge told her she was at a cross-roads in her life and needed to make necessary changes.
The actress, dressed in black, made no statement to the court but wore a pained expression through most of the hearing and at one point leapt from her seat in shock, her mouth dropping open, when Deputy District Attorney Ann Rundle accused the defense of trotting out the specter of a dead girl as a ploy to win the judges sympathy.
The reference was to the tragic case of Polly Klaas in 1993.
Rejecting suggestions by defense attorney Mark Geragos during trial that Ryder had been framed by the Saks security staff and made a scapegoat by prosecutors, Fox said he was in full accord with the jurys guilty verdicts.
Fox added that the actress had disappointed many people by the shoplifting and by her refusal to admit guilt.
Theres going to be a need on your part to confront certain issues that may be the root cause of what I deem to be aberrant behavior, the judge said.

Ryders now-infamous shopping trip has garnered international headlines and been the buzz of late-night talk shows. During her trial, jurors were shown videotapes of Ryder wandering through the stores designer boutiques and taking a large number of items into dressing rooms.
The tapes did not show Ryder cutting off sensor tags with scissors, but a security guard testified she looked through door slats and witnessed the vandalism.
Security staff testified that after Ryder was caught, she claimed a director had told her to shoplift to prepare for a movie role.
Defense attorneys said that after Ryders first purchase, the actress believed the store would keep her account open and charge her later. But there was no evidence of an account.
Earlier this week, prosecutors revealed that Ryder had eight narcotics in her possession all prescribed by doctors when she was arrested.
Transcripts made public after the trial disclosed that Ryder was suspected of shoplifting from two other high-end department stores in the past, but no charges were filed. Prosecutors were not allowed to present those allegations during the trial.
Ryder, who began her film career as a teenager in 1986, earned Academy Award nominations for Little Women and The Age of Innocence.

Hopefully she'll respond to the wake-up call............
bonosloveslave [at]
Old 12-09-2002, 02:16 PM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 08:04 AM
" I make too much money to smoke crack. Lets get that staight right now.......Crack is wack."
Old 04-07-2003, 10:59 PM   #36
Blue Crack Addict
Good ol' Winona now wants to profit off her crime by auctioning the stolen merchandise
Old 04-07-2003, 11:12 PM   #37
Neon Zebra
goddamn i wish i were this clever and rich.