Winona Ryder found GUILTY on 2 counts... Thoughts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Bama said:

Offensive!!! Offensive!!!

babu1.gif

:eeklaugh: :shifty:

I don't get it.

I didn't see what the big deal is
it's not as if she remixed some of her earlier work
now that would be a crime

Update

As we predicted..........

http://www.msnbc.com/news/844036.asp?cp1=1

Ryder receives 3 years? probation

Actress also sentenced to community service, counseling, fines
Actress Winona Ryder listens Friday as Sak's Fifth Avenue lawyer Kevin Metzner reads a statement prior to her sentencing for shoplifting.

MSNBC STAFF AND WIRE REPORTS

LOS ANGELES, Dec. 6 ? Actress Winona Ryder was sentenced Friday to three years? probation, 480 hours of community service, drug and psychological counseling and fines for stealing from a Saks Fifth Avenue store. The judge also warned her that if she steals again she will go jail, and ordered her to pay a total of $10,000 in fines and restitution.

?What is of concern to me in this matter is that you have refused ... to accept responsibility for what happened on Dec. 12.?
? JUDGE ELDON FOX

THE TWO-TIME Academy Award nominee was convicted on Nov. 6 of grand theft and felony vandalism for stealing more than $5,560 in goods and damaging a $795 Calvin Klein purse during a Dec. 12, 2001 shoplifting spree at the Saks Fifth Avenue branch here.
In a statement just before sentencing Ryder, Superior Court Judge Elden Fox told her: ?It is not my intention in this matter to make an example of you,? but added: ?I?m going to hold you accountable. ... What is of concern to me in this matter is that you have refused ... to accept responsibility for what happened on Dec. 12.?
He went on to say: ?If you steal again, you will go to jail. Do you understand that??
In a wan voice, Ryder replied: ?Yes. I do.?

AT A CROSS-ROADS
Ryder, 31, could have received up to three years in prison, but prosecutors, noting it is her first offense, had recommended that she should be placed on three years? probation, complete 480 hours of community service, get drug and psychiatric counseling and pay $26,000 in fines and restitution.
While ordering Ryder to pay more than $6,300 in restitution to the Beverly Hills store, plus $3,700 in fines to the court, the judge told her she was at a cross-roads in her life and needed ?to make necessary changes.?
The actress, dressed in black, made no statement to the court but wore a pained expression through most of the hearing and at one point leapt from her seat in shock, her mouth dropping open, when Deputy District Attorney Ann Rundle accused the defense of ?trotting out? the specter of a dead girl as a ploy to win the judge?s sympathy.
The reference was to the tragic case of Polly Klaas in 1993.
Rejecting suggestions by defense attorney Mark Geragos during trial that Ryder had been framed by the Saks security staff and made a scapegoat by prosecutors, Fox said he was in ?full accord? with the jury?s guilty verdicts.
Fox added that the actress had ?disappointed many people? by the shoplifting and by her refusal to admit guilt.
?There?s going to be a need on your part to confront certain issues that may be the root cause of what I deem to be aberrant behavior,? the judge said.

WORLDWIDE HEADLINES
Ryder?s now-infamous shopping trip has garnered international headlines and been the buzz of late-night talk shows. During her trial, jurors were shown videotapes of Ryder wandering through the store?s designer boutiques and taking a large number of items into dressing rooms.
The tapes did not show Ryder cutting off sensor tags with scissors, but a security guard testified she looked through door slats and witnessed the vandalism.
Security staff testified that after Ryder was caught, she claimed a director had told her to shoplift to prepare for a movie role.
Defense attorneys said that after Ryder?s first purchase, the actress believed the store would keep her account ?open? and charge her later. But there was no evidence of an account.
Earlier this week, prosecutors revealed that Ryder had eight narcotics in her possession ? all prescribed by doctors ? when she was arrested.
Transcripts made public after the trial disclosed that Ryder was suspected of shoplifting from two other high-end department stores in the past, but no charges were filed. Prosecutors were not allowed to present those allegations during the trial.
Ryder, who began her film career as a teenager in 1986, earned Academy Award nominations for ?Little Women? and ?The Age of Innocence.?

Hopefully she'll respond to the wake-up call............

" I make too much money to smoke crack. Lets get that staight right now.......Crack is wack." :crack:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom