WINGSPAN: Hits And History

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrazilianFly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I'm in love with this record. I can't stop listening t it. :love: I always thought that Wings was a dull little band full of silly love songs but I was wrong, I mean they have a lot of silly love songs but they are awesome. I love everything there. There are so many amazing blues rockers like Let Me Roll It, Maybe I'm Amazed, Junior's Farm and great epics like Jet, Live And Let Die plus the slower and melodic stuff like C Moon (funniest intro ever), Heart Of The Country, Tug of War and so many others. Paul McCartney is definitely a blessed man, his voice and his gift for melodies is amazing!

I bow to the man! :bow: Anybody else into Paul McCartney and Wings?

By the way I did this little compilation out of the ones I liked the most:

1. Let Me Roll It
2. Daytime Nightime Suffering
3. Maybe I’m Amazed
4. No More Lonely Nights
5. Heart of The Country
6. Helen Wheels
7. Live And Let Die
8. Jet
9. C Moon
10. H Hi Hi
11. Too Many People
12. Call Me Back Again
13. Junior’s Farm
14. Venus And Mars / Rockshow
15. The Back Seat Of My Car
16. Rockestra Theme
17. Coming Up
18. Tug Of War
19. Listen To What The Man Said
20. Band On The Run
21. Pipes Of Piece
22. No More Lonely Nights (Playout Version)

It's awesome!!! :drool:

I've only ever heard Maybe I'm Amazed, Live And Let Die, and Band On The Run, and they're pretty good. I've probably heard some of the others but didn't know what they were.

I've always preferred Lennon's post-Beatles stuff.

I do prefer Lennon, but I do like some McCartney. Saw him in 2002, and will see him at the end of November. It was the first concert I took my daughter to (then 8), and I will be taking her again. Now if I could just find 2 halfway decent tickets for the L.A. shows in November :scratch:

I like from your list (and recognize):

1. Let Me Roll It
3. Maybe I’m Amazed
6. Helen Wheels
7. Live And Let Die
8. Jet
10. Hi Hi Hi
13. Junior’s Farm
17. Coming Up
20. Band On The Run

I got my daughter a different best of - just a McCartney one I believe

I read a post on this website that said the Beatles solo stuff was below average at best.

I stopped and didn't allow my emotions to get in the way of ransacking them. So I just moved on.

I think the evidence stands for itself.

Now I sort of wished I had, silly me caring about offending people.

i loved mccartney's solo stuff when i was about 12, 13. it's pop music, it's supposed to be silly love songs. i haven't listened to much of it in the last few years, but i know i still love "band on the run". not as obsessed with it as i used to be, but it rules.

junior's farm and listen to what the man said, also favorites at the time :up:

:hmm: i made a mix tape when i was 12 or 13, i wonder if i still have it.

later-ish solo mccartney: but i thought flaming pie was great when it came out. i still like it a lot, too. i did listen to that about a year ago. driving rain never won me over, i never made it through the whole cd. run devil run is awesome.

I haven't heard anything 'new' that he's done in ages, just what he played live at the show... I go for the classics and the Beatles tunes
2.gif

Just for the record, many of the songs on the compilation weren't recorded with Wings. It's a general Paul McCartney compilation, despite the name.

And yeah, the Beatles' solo careers are much better than you'd think if you only read about them. Even Ringo's last few albums have been pretty decent.

TheBrazilianFly said:
By the way I did this little compilation out of the ones I liked the most:

1. Let Me Roll It
2. Daytime Nightime Suffering
3. Maybe I’m Amazed
4. No More Lonely Nights
5. Heart of The Country
6. Helen Wheels
7. Live And Let Die
8. Jet
9. C Moon
10. H Hi Hi
11. Too Many People
12. Call Me Back Again
13. Junior’s Farm
14. Venus And Mars / Rockshow
15. The Back Seat Of My Car
16. Rockestra Theme
17. Coming Up
18. Tug Of War
20. Band On The Run
21. Pipes Of Piece
22. No More Lonely Nights (Playout Version)

It's awesome!!! :drool:

Not a bad mix, although I'd try to get Mull Of Kintyre on there somewhere. One of his best songs ever...

Back
Top Bottom