Windows XP Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ishkash

War Child
I have recently installed Windows XP Professional on my PC(that apparently after my disk crashed).Now the problem is that I have Yamaha Xware soundcard, but XP is not accepting the driver for this card.A friend told me that Yamaha must have updated their drivers. so if anyone can help as where to look out for the drivers or any other ideas?

If you know anyhting, it would be of help.

Thanks

------------------
I began to understand Indian Sadhus and and the begging bowls of the Hindu Priests that get dignity out of the way.And that maybe humility is the eye of the needle that we all have to pass through.-- Bono

All that you reason
ALL THIS THAT

Try this link:
http://www.driverguide.com/

Good luck.

Also, I did a general search for "Yamaha Sound Cards", and came up with some sites that had drivers for XP, but not for your particular card. If the above site doesn't help, then you could try searching other sites. For some reason, I don't see one particular home page for Yamaha. Do they list a support site in your manual?

Also know that if it says "Windows 2000" drivers, they will likely work for it as well, as Windows XP should really be called "Windows 2000 SP 3 now with pretty colors."

That is an expected problem when upgrading from the Windows 9x family (DOS codebase) to the Windows 2000/XP family (NT codebase), but luckily, most companies have been accomodating for the last two years, and, obviously, will have to soon, since the NT codebase is the only one running now.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

And your best bet is to search for your driver on the Yamaha site: http://www.yamaha.com .

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Thanks alot melon and muh2o

------------------
I began to understand Indian Sadhus and and the begging bowls of the Hindu Priests that get dignity out of the way.And that maybe humility is the eye of the needle that we all have to pass through.-- Bono

All that you reason
ALL THIS THAT

Back
Top Bottom