Win Butler endorses Barack Obama

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
In non basketball-related news.....the AF frontman has endorsed Senator Obama. Don't tell your parents.

32843909pc4.jpg

But that just makes it more reeeeeaaaaal, man!

And what's the "we" business, Win? Does he have dual citizenship?

lazarus said:
Would have had a lot more respect for this blog posting if he had spelled Barack's name right...

corianderstem said:

And what's the "we" business, Win? Does he have dual citizenship?

Come on, guys...you know he was probably drunk off his ass when he wrote that. He's typing like xavi, for crying out loud!

nightninja56 said:
ugh...musicians + politics = disgusting

Er, what's wrong with musicians having opinions about politics? I have opinions about politics. You probably do too.

LemonMelon said:

Come on, guys...you know he was probably drunk off his ass when he wrote that. He's typing like xavi, for crying out loud!

:winbutlerdrool:

GibsonGirl said:

Er, what's wrong with musicians having opinions about politics? I have opinions about politics. You probably do too.

At least he's not spouting them onstage. More than we can say for Bone-oh. :down::tsk:

I wasn't going to before, but Win Butler has inspired me to vote for Obama.

Thank you, Win.

But doesn't he live in Canada? I did forget he was born a US-ian, but is he just an expat, or does he have dual citizenship (I almost typed canadianship)? Just curious.

What makes this an endoresement and not just a random posting of thoughts on the net? I guess if you're in any way famous, even mentioning "You know, I think I like Obama" makes it "OMG ROCK STARZ LUV OBAMA!"

xaviMF22 said:

Bono GG

Bono :tsk:

True, but I don't think Win's going to stop an Arcade Fire show to deliver a three minute speech about Obama. :wink: He's just expressing an opinion in a blog.

GibsonGirl said:

True, but I don't think Win's going to stop an Arcade Fire show to deliver a three minute speech about Obama. :wink: He's just expressing an opinion in a blog.

Lets hope not :wink:

corianderstem said:
But doesn't he live in Canada? I did forget he was born a US-ian, but is he just an expat, or does he have dual citizenship (I almost typed canadianship)? Just curious.

I'm not sure about his citizenship (canadianship?) status, but he along with the rest of the band are based in Montreal. He came here to study theology, I believe, at McGill University and happened to meet Régine and eventually started the band.

Win is a human too, and as such has opinions like the rest of us. There's nothing wrong with him, especially as an American, talking about an election which many deem one of the most important in quite some time. I sincerely hope, however, that he doesn't start talking about it in the middle of a concert.

LemonMelon said:

At least he's not spouting them onstage. More than we can say for Bone-oh. :down::tsk:

:hmm: Can you imagine the reaction here if Bono had supported Obama on, say, U2.com ?

nightninja56 said:
ugh...musicians + politics = disgusting

yeeeeeah... I think Adam Clayton said it best when he said "There are people who say that you shouldn't mix music and politics or sport and politics or whatever, but... I think that's kinda... bullshit."

------ (boaw woaw woaW woAW wOAW WOAWWwww! national anthem and so on and so forth and the like. El Salvador sonically materialised, yadda yadda)

Back
Top Bottom