Wimbledon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
My predictions

1) It will rain.
2) It will rain even more.
3) Roger Federer will NOT win (hoho).

I'm really hedging my bets with that last one, but I have a funny feeling he won't do it.

Of course when he pulls up in the final and wins 6-0 6-0 6-1 I will look like a right idiot.

I like a dominant serve-volley type player. Its the nature of wimbledon.

Maybe Henman will finally pull one through.

I'm tired on jinxing my favourites (sorry Chech Republic) so I will keep my hopes and fears to myself

Didn't you guys know?

Federer already won.

They are just playing it to keep the Dukes of Windsor busy for 2 weeks during the year.

federer will win again lol , he's played the best at eevry wimbeldon final, would this year be his 3rd straight wimbeldon title ?

The Brit players have got some terrible draws - I think Henman is due to meet Federer in the second round. Oh dear! Bye bye Tiger Tim!:wink:

This is a sad day for Tennis.

Andre Agassi, one of the greatest players in the history of the sport, and considered by many to be 'the greatest returner in the history of the sport', has announced his retirement effective after this year's U.S. Open. He's finally throwing in the towel.

I will be routing for him harder than ever this Wimbledon and U.S. Open. He's my favorite tennis player ever.

Good luck Andre :sad:

U2@NYC said:
Didn't you guys know?

Federer already won.

They are just playing it to keep the Dukes of Windsor busy for 2 weeks during the year.

Exactly! You can't stop Federer on grass. My only hope is that he won't be playing Dickhead again in the finals. :yawn:

If Henman ends up playing Federer in the second round...poor Tim! I always support him when the Wimbledon rolls around, despite his continual bad luck.

Tilli said:
The Brit players have got some terrible draws - I think Henman is due to meet Federer in the second round. Oh dear! Bye bye Tiger Tim!:wink:

Are you that confident he'll reach the 2nd round?

Henman wins, will meet Federer.

Incidentally I watched 'Wimbledon' (the film, with Paul Bettany and Kirsten Dunst yesterday).

I don't actually know why I mentioned that.

yertle-the-turtle said:
Henman wins, will meet Federer.

Incidentally I watched 'Wimbledon' (the film, with Paul Bettany and Kirsten Dunst yesterday).

I don't actually know why I mentioned that.

That movie was so bad. :yikes:

I'm happy that Tim won today's match, but sad for him at the same time.

I just found the BBC interactive thingy for Wimbledon, and have thus effectively put my life on hold for two weeks.

I'm not really following Henman so much this year as I have previously. I'm more interested in keeping up with Murray :shrug:

beau2ifulday said:
I just found the BBC interactive thingy for Wimbledon, and have thus effectively put my life on hold for two weeks.

I'm not really following Henman so much this year as I have previously. I'm more interested in keeping up with Murray :shrug:

Murray:drool:
I can never get bbc interactive (press red!) to work! Argh I'll just have to watch channel 1..:sad:

Yay for Scotland's Andy Murray :rockon: :dancing: :applaud: :bow: he was brilliant!!! A Scot to win Wimbledon! :wink:

I'm so sad that Timmy went out today though - he had no chance did he? :sad:

Back
Top Bottom