Willowmere

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PennyPyro

Acrobat
What does the name "Willowmere" sound like to you? does it sound like a person's name, place name, animal, what? be specific, please. If it's a place, what of place? If a person, describe that person, no matter if it's general.

Thanks.

My first reaction was the same as DreamOutLoud's--sounds like some snooty gated community. Although snooty gated community names are often meant to invoke things like some whimsical little English village somewhere.

Literally it means Willow Lake.

it sounds like an enchanted forest with magical elves, witches, animals, and fairies and willow trees. many little elves roam the forest looking for magical sparkling crackers to eat. a few cottages sit near the forest where witches brew spiritual potions for elf children passing by to take a taste of. every elf rides a unicorn to get to the central market where the delicious pearberries grow and farmers sell them for unicorn hairs. the unicorn hairs work as medicine for the sick. :laugh:

you can tell i'm bored :lol:

It sounds like the name of a horse to me. That's the first thing that comes to mind.

Otherwise, it sounds like the name of a forest, or the name of some wizard or character that's not quite human, Alison Baird books, etc.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Sounds like a snooty gated community to me.

Yep...but maybe that's just because I work for a local planning department, so I'm used to hearing all kinds of names like that. :laugh:

ok, thanks for the responses, esp. whoever told me it means "willow lake".

what's kind of wierd is that when i opened the Lemonade Stand board to see responses for my thread, the board said my thread had 113 views...and 113 is my "magic" number that i keep seeing everywhere...seriously, it kind of weirds me out.

Back
Top Bottom