Will Radiohead Ever Release a Best Of? - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-06-2006, 05:40 PM   #76
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Zoomerang96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: canada
Posts: 13,460
Local Time: 11:08 AM
um

that's debatable. i'm talking about creep.

and i don't know how you can't think that isn't brilliant towards the end.
__________________

__________________
Zoomerang96 is offline  
Old 10-06-2006, 06:05 PM   #77
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 11:08 AM
This is the best performance of "How to Disappear Completely" that I've ever seen.

__________________

__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 10-06-2006, 07:10 PM   #78
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,698
Local Time: 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96
um

that's debatable. i'm talking about creep.

and i don't know how you can't think that isn't brilliant towards the end.
He talked his way through the verses and was off key for the beginning of the crescendo. I've seen better versions. That's all.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 10-06-2006, 10:49 PM   #79
War Child
 
I'm Ready's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 987
Local Time: 12:08 PM
I guess since I have nothing better to do as of now I'll come up with a 3 disc set of radiohead's best

early years (pablo-ok)

1. anyone can play guitar
2. blow out
3. planet telex
4. high and dry
5. fake plastic trees
6. black star
7. sulk
8. airbag
9. paranoid android
10. exit music (for a film)
11. let down
12. karma police
13. climbing up the walls
14. no surprises
15. lucky

latter years (kid a-lp7)

1. everything is in its right place
2. kid a
3. how to disappear completely
4. idioteque
5. morning bell
6. motion picture soundtrack
7. pyramid song
8. you and whose army?
9. I might be wrong
10. knives out
11. like spinning plates
12. life in a glass house
13. I will
14. wolf at the door
15. 15 step
16. videotape
17. all I need

B sides

1. coke babies
2. faithless, the wonder boy
3. banana co
4. killer cars
5. permanent daylight
6. maquiladora
7. a reminder
8. lull
9. polyethylene (I and II)
10. pearly
11. how I made my millions
12. fog
13. true love waits
14. gagging order
__________________
I'm Ready is offline  
Old 10-07-2006, 12:23 AM   #80
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,091
Local Time: 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by I'm Ready
I guess since I have nothing better to do as of now I'll come up with a 3 disc set of radiohead's best

early years (pablo-ok)

1. anyone can play guitar
2. blow out
3. planet telex
4. high and dry
5. fake plastic trees
6. black star
7. sulk
8. airbag
9. paranoid android
10. exit music (for a film)
11. let down
12. karma police
13. climbing up the walls
14. no surprises
15. lucky

latter years (kid a-lp7)

1. everything is in its right place
2. kid a
3. how to disappear completely
4. idioteque
5. morning bell
6. motion picture soundtrack
7. pyramid song
8. you and whose army?
9. I might be wrong
10. knives out
11. like spinning plates
12. life in a glass house
13. I will
14. wolf at the door
15. 15 step
16. videotape
17. all I need

B sides

1. coke babies
2. faithless, the wonder boy
3. banana co
4. killer cars
5. permanent daylight
6. maquiladora
7. a reminder
8. lull
9. polyethylene (I and II)
10. pearly
11. how I made my millions
12. fog
13. true love waits
14. gagging order



videotape is
__________________
xaviMF22 is offline  
Old 10-07-2006, 01:45 AM   #81
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by I'm Ready
I guess since I have nothing better to do as of now I'll come up with a 3 disc set of radiohead's best

early years (pablo-ok)

1. anyone can play guitar
2. blow out
3. planet telex
4. high and dry
5. fake plastic trees
6. black star
7. sulk
8. airbag
9. paranoid android
10. exit music (for a film)
11. let down
12. karma police
13. climbing up the walls
14. no surprises
15. lucky

latter years (kid a-lp7)

1. everything is in its right place
2. kid a
3. how to disappear completely
4. idioteque
5. morning bell
6. motion picture soundtrack
7. pyramid song
8. you and whose army?
9. I might be wrong
10. knives out
11. like spinning plates
12. life in a glass house
13. I will
14. wolf at the door
15. 15 step
16. videotape
17. all I need

B sides

1. coke babies
2. faithless, the wonder boy
3. banana co
4. killer cars
5. permanent daylight
6. maquiladora
7. a reminder
8. lull
9. polyethylene (I and II)
10. pearly
11. how I made my millions
12. fog
13. true love waits
14. gagging order
pretty awesome, but no Worrywort makes me sad.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 10-13-2006, 08:16 PM   #82
The Fly
 
U2phan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a place called Vertigo
Posts: 264
Local Time: 09:08 AM
umm im a relative Radiohead noob, I like the big hits Creep, Paranoid Android, but I don't know much songs from their Kid A-present era...

can someone give me a greatest hits playlist? 1 CD, 80 minutes please...and if you don't like the Kid A-present period, umm, don't be so negative. Thanks all :-)
__________________
U2phan is offline  
Old 10-13-2006, 10:14 PM   #83
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2phan
umm im a relative Radiohead noob, I like the big hits Creep, Paranoid Android, but I don't know much songs from their Kid A-present era...

can someone give me a greatest hits playlist? 1 CD, 80 minutes please...and if you don't like the Kid A-present period, umm, don't be so negative. Thanks all :-)
Radiohead for Dummies (Song - [Album, Year]):

1. 2 + 2 = 5 (The Lukewarm.) [Hail to the Thief, 2003]
2. Just [The Bends, 1995]
3. The Bends [The Bends, 1995]
4. Creep [Pablo Honey, 1993]
5. Fake Plastic Trees [The Bends, 1995]
6. Gagging Order [Go to Sleep - Single, 2003]
7. Exit Music (For a Film) [OK Computer, 1997]
8. Let Down [OK Computer, 1997]
9. Kid A [Kid A, 2000]
10. The National Anthem [Kid A, 2000]
11. Subterranean Homesick Alien [OK Computer, 1997]
12. Idioteque [Kid A, 2000]
13. Knives Out [Amnesiac, 2001]
14. Karma Police [OK Computer, 1997]
15. No Surprises [OK Computer, 1997]
16. You and Whose Army? [Amnesiac, 2001]
17. Street Spirit (Fade Out) [The Bends, 1995]
18. How to Disappear Completely [Kid A, 2000]

The reason I included Gagging Order is because I think it's their best B-side. period.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 10-13-2006, 10:35 PM   #84
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,091
Local Time: 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto


Radiohead for Dummies (Song - [Album, Year]):

1. 2 + 2 = 5 (The Lukewarm.) [Hail to the Thief, 2003]
2. Just [The Bends, 1995]
3. The Bends [The Bends, 1995]
4. Creep [Pablo Honey, 1993]
5. Fake Plastic Trees [The Bends, 1995]
6. Gagging Order [Go to Sleep - Single, 2003]
7. Exit Music (For a Film) [OK Computer, 1997]
8. Let Down [OK Computer, 1997]
9. Kid A [Kid A, 2000]
10. The National Anthem [Kid A, 2000]
11. Subterranean Homesick Alien [OK Computer, 1997]
12. Idioteque [Kid A, 2000]
13. Knives Out [Amnesiac, 2001]
14. Karma Police [OK Computer, 1997]
15. No Surprises [OK Computer, 1997]
16. You and Whose Army? [Amnesiac, 2001]
17. Street Spirit (Fade Out) [The Bends, 1995]
18. How to Disappear Completely [Kid A, 2000]

The reason I included Gagging Order is because I think it's their best B-side. period.
the inclusion of "creep" and the lack of "There There" and "pyramid song" disappoints me .
..otherwise good choice of songs
__________________
xaviMF22 is offline  
Old 10-14-2006, 12:33 AM   #85
War Child
 
I'm Ready's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 987
Local Time: 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2phan
umm im a relative Radiohead noob, I like the big hits Creep, Paranoid Android, but I don't know much songs from their Kid A-present era...

can someone give me a greatest hits playlist? 1 CD, 80 minutes please...and if you don't like the Kid A-present period, umm, don't be so negative. Thanks all :-)
I'll just go chronologically through the albums giving you the best songs from each

Kid A-present

-everything is in its right place
-kid A
-how to disappear completely
-idioteque
-morning bell
-pyramid song
-you and whose army?
-I might be wrong
-knives out
-like spinning plates
-life in a glass house
-2+2=5
-sit down, stand up
-backdrifts
-I will
-wolf at the door
-15 step
-videotape
-all I need

other recommended songs: the national anthem, there there, where I end and you begin
__________________
I'm Ready is offline  
Old 10-14-2006, 11:57 AM   #86
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by xaviMF22


the inclusion of "creep" and the lack of "There There" and "pyramid song" disappoints me .
..otherwise good choice of songs
I wanted to put more HttT and Amnesiac in there but single CDs suck.

__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 10-14-2006, 12:42 PM   #87
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,091
Local Time: 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto


I wanted to put more HttT and Amnesiac in there but single CDs suck.

fine
__________________
xaviMF22 is offline  
Old 10-14-2006, 02:00 PM   #88
War Child
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 577
Local Time: 05:08 PM
Radiohead should catch up and release a best of album for every half decade they've been in existance
__________________
dietcokeofevil is offline  
Old 10-14-2006, 02:10 PM   #89
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Zoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: the great beyond
Posts: 36,802
Local Time: 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by dietcokeofevil
Radiohead should catch up and release a best of album for every half decade they've been in existance
I hope you're joking!
__________________
Zoots is offline  
Old 10-14-2006, 03:40 PM   #90
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
VertigoGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: I'm never alone (I'm alone all the time)
Posts: 9,860
Local Time: 12:08 PM
zooty
__________________

__________________
VertigoGal is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com