Will Radiohead Ever Release a Best Of?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2FanPeter said:

The ACDC Boxset is 2 live gigs, another copy of Back 'n' Black and a disc of semi-interesting outtakes. What are the other legit comps? The 9 track quasi-soundtrack from 1986 or the double live album from 1991 gigs?

"High Voltage" album (1976), which is a collection of songs from the first "High Voltage" album (1974) and "T.N.T." (1975). The album "Who Made Who" is also some kind of collection, but not a "best of"-album.

U2FanPeter said:

Beck just released his 7th album. That's not counting his 2 non-commercial indie label releases or his remix album. He's also has mountains of stuff collecting dust in his vault.

Yes, I'm aware I have all his albums...

Oh come on Zoomerang96, you surely must agree they need to include a cover of Vertigo (groundhog day remix)?

Frankly guys, who cares? Irrespective of your opinion of Radiohead, are greatest hits albums anything more than a cave-in to the terrorists? I ask you, and I also give the answers - the answer is, no. So go and smell the roses and breathe clean air under a sky with two suns, and let's all get down and let it roll.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOo

1. Creep
2. Anyone Can Play Guitar
3. Fake Plastic Trees
4. Just
5. My Iron Lung
6. Street Spirit
7. Airbag
8. Paranoid Android
9. Let Down
10. Karma Police
11. Everything In Its Right Place
12. National Anthem
13. Optimistic
14. I Might Be Wrong
15. Knives Out
16. 2+2=5
17. Go To Sleep
18. There There

:slant:

MrBrau1 said:
They've gotten pretty good at releasing "Worst Of" albums. Just check out their last 4. Woof.

Are you including OK Computer? If so :madwife:

Otherwise, I agree. I say, their last two are very, very disappointing, but Kid A and OK Computer are golden...particularly OK Computer, which is one of the best albums that has ever touched my ears.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Beck as talented as he is, doesn't have the catalog for a greatest hits.

:slant:

1. Loser
2. Beercan
3. Devils Haircut
4. The New Pollution
5. Jack-Ass
6. Cold Brains
7. Nobody's Fault But My Own
8. Tropicalia
9. Sexx Laws
10. Nicotine & Gravy
11. Mixed Bizness
12. Lost Cause
13. E-Pro
14. Girl
15. Debra

Next time, think before you type. :wink:

(BTW, forgot to add Pay No Mind, Guess I'm Doing Fine, and Hell Yes)

Last edited:
Lancemc said:
You don't have The Golden Age on there. For shame!

Agreed. Golden Age is probably better than half the songs on that list, but it wasn't a single.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

All great songs, but how many of these are recognizable to the everyday listening audience? Maybe 5...

That is my point.

The same argument could be said for Radiohead. :|

To derail this thread even further, if there was ever a GH for Beck, Where It's At would definitely be on there as well.

:lol: Forgot that one for real! :lol:

phanan said:
It will happen at some point, whether they want it to or not.

I agree. That kind of project might look a bit off the radar now, but it's bound to happen at some point. They've just signed on to another big record deal, so who knows what that thing contains. Whatever form the collection takes, it'll probably be well thought out and thematic...maybe a bit like Pink Floyd's Echoes.

I've got the title: Every Sing In Its Right Place :hyper:

:reject:

LemonMelon said:

Are you including OK Computer? If so :madwife:

Otherwise, I agree. I say, their last two are very, very disappointing, but Kid A and OK Computer are golden...particularly OK Computer, which is one of the best albums that has ever touched my ears.

OK is one of the best records ever.

Kid A is so bad I count it twice.

Kid A is so many times better than HTDAAB that it's not even funny! You know what else is better than HTDAAB? Hopes & Fears! :love:

I don't think anyone actually likes Kid A.

They just say they like it.

To appear cool and interesting to others.

It's the only logical conclusion.

Cause the music is so poor.

Fake people suck more than the "music" that appears on Kid A.

MrBrau1 said:
I don't think anyone actually likes Kid A.

They just say they like it.

To appear cool and interesting to others.

It's the only logical conclusion.

Cause the music is so poor.

Fake people suck more than the "music" that appears on Kid A.

Brau, why do you constantly rip apart the Radiohead threads? It really takes away from your thoughts on other things...I'd give it a rest, seriously.

:down:

Lancemc said:
Brau is allowed to rip apart any thread he pleases. He's funny.

You wouldn't say that if he rips a thread about Beautiful Day or ATYCLB apart. :wink:

Except, he wouldn't. :grumpy:

Back
Top Bottom