Will Pink Floyd tour and record again?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

STING2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
The reason I ask this is that David Gilmor recently stated that "its been 8 years since Division Bell and there is nothing in the tank". "I don't want to say never again, but there is no new material nor a desire to tour again." "I'm 55, the rock thing is a young mans game, and is not something I've missed or been interested in in years".
So what do you think? Is the greatest hits album out now because this really is the end of the band as an active unit?

I think I read the same article somewhere. I hope Dave at least decides to tour one more time. Roger still plays.

This sucks- Most of my favorite artists are too old to tour anymore.

They should have retired gracefully when Waters originally ended the band. I did watch his In The Flesh DVD & his band was great. I know he recently made up with Nick Mason, but he does not want to do a reunion tour. To me, Floyd without Roger is kind of like the Who without Pete Townshend. Waters wrote all the lyrics from Dark Side through The Final Cut and wrote the music for 90% of The Wall. No, Roger is not PF, but either is Gilmour. That Momentary Lapse Album (the title alone shows that Gilmour isn't a lyricis) was basically a Gilmour solo album as he admits. It really sounded like he was trying to rewrite the WYWH album. The tour was just "let's play the radio hits from 3 or 4 albums" where as Waters last tour represented almost every Floyd album he played on. I am not a fan of Waters solo albums but at least he knew when to end (or quit I guess) Floyd when they still had credibility.

Back
Top Bottom