Will 'No Doubt' ever regroup an come out with new album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jesseu2

Refugee
I been watching their Best of Videos dvd an Live in the Tragic Kingsom dvd and thinking they can make more albums, so why aren't they? Is it only on Gwen's solo career?

I believe they are in the middle of recording a new album...if not recording then working on new material at least.

At least Wikipedia says so....

On December 5, 2006, Gwen Stefani released her second solo album, The Sweet Escape. With Stefani promoting her sophomore solo album, and a national tour in 2007, No Doubt has begun work on a new album[26] and plans to complete it after Stefani's tour is finished

:hyper:

From what I've heard the album is due out late this year. Gwen reportedly said somewhere that she's done with her solo career after this tour. There is a God, and He does love us! On the other hand, if they make another album with the quality of "Rock Steady"...:| However, if something completely different from, but on par in terms of quality, "Tragic Kingdom" or "Return of Saturn" is the finished product...:hyper:

U2isthebest said:
On the other hand, if they make another album with the quality of "Rock Steady"...:|

Exactly! Their last album was Rock Steady, right? Hey Baby :yawn:... although Hella Good was kinda cool. But nothing like stuff from Tragic Kingdom! :rockon:

Zootlesque said:

Exactly! Their last album was Rock Steady, right? Hey Baby :yawn:... although Hella Good was kinda cool. But nothing like stuff from Tragic Kingdom! :rockon:

Hella Good was "meh" but not bad. I did like "Underneath It All" though. "Hey Baby" made me want to :banghead: I don't even remember the rest of the album.:huh:

I do like Tragic Kingdom, and the self-titled. I'd actually rank it something like this

1. Return of Saturn
2. Rock Steady
3. Tragic Kingdom
4. Beacon St. Collection/ No Doubt

I just think I liked them more as they moved towards new wave and away from a generic ska sound.

*browneyedgirl* said:
I hope so, Tragic Kingdom, cannot get better than that :drool: oh please it will be so :hyper: No Doubt :bow:

Yeah, that was a pretty good record. :yes: I liked L.A.M.B. but Sweet Escape was :yuck:

1.No Doubt
2.Tragic Kingdom
3.Rock Steady
4.Return of Saturn

I like the OLD stuff. Immature not polished but Gwen's voice sounded better and they were so great to watch back then.

i would love to see a new album by them. I love
spiderwebs from tragic kingdom
new from retun of saturn and
running from rock steady
i was lucky enough to see them open for U2 back in 01, though i don't remember much about that cuz i was focused on U2.

their later stuff was essentially a transition into gwen's solo material. hopefully, with her saying her solo career's done, they'll either transition back or into something new altogether.

UberBeaver said:
Wow. There they were a little more showy, like. More professional. I guess they used to be fun. What happened?

I went away to school came back and didn't even recognize them.

They got a big label and Eric went to work for The Simpsons I think.

My number one ND tune is "Running".. it just is a feel good inside song that I listen to when I could use a little happiness :)

I also like "Don't Speak", "Spiderwebs", "Sunday Morning", "New", "It's My Life"...

"Hella Good" has great beats to it!

"Underneath it all" is such a sexy music video of Gwen... :up:

I'm looking forward to whats next! :yes:

^Spiderwebs is definitely my favorite of theres...:runs away to put Tragic Kingdom on:... also a really big fan of Running like you.

UberBeaver said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF005-otT04

:ohmy: I never saw old No Doubt. Just a girl was the first thing I knew. They were so different. Damn. The record companies got to them, man.

Oh my! Thanks for posting that video! They look so different there. :lol: Yeah, my first ND song was Just A Girl too. That other link kat posted is really cool too! Paulina, nice song. :love: Tragic Kingdom had a lot of stellar tracks but Don't Speak was IMO the start of the downfall. :shifty:

Wikipedia speaks volumes of exciting yet useless information, I never realized Tragic Kingdom went diamond and sold 11 million copies in the US. Good for it, at least once in awhile something good sells so well, although it did lead them to more commercial (yet less successful, funny how that works isn't it?) fare later on.

Back
Top Bottom