Will Julia Roberts' kids get beaten up in the school yard?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I doubt they will be beat up because I doubt that they will (being the children of a big star) be attending a school where they might be exposed to such things.

Still, eek! I know parents can name their kids what they want, but it seems like being cutely esoteric has been taken to new extremes. :huh:

I'm into names, and very much into unusual names (was I the only one who thought Apple wasn't that weird? :shifty: ) but those are awful names. Old lady/man codgery type names. :|

you know these hollywood kids with unusual names will all go to school with one another so there will be a school yard full of kids with unusal names running around. Those kids with the names of Jennifer, Robert, John, Sally, Joe...will be beaten up simply because their names are not unique.

isn't phineaus (ok..i misspelled it) an old name? i think one of the characters from the book "a separate peace" was named that, and that book was written in 1959.

PinkHairBaby said:
isn't phineaus (ok..i misspelled it) an old name? i think one of the characters from the book "a separate peace" was named that, and that book was written in 1959.

Yes Phineaus is the name of one of the main characters in "A Seperate Peace". I read that book in high school. It was pretty good.

Back on topic:
What about Frank Zappa's kids?
Dweezil?! :barf:

It's also the character in "Around the World in 80 Days." Maybe she saw that new Disney version and got the idea.

I always felt bad for Zowie Bowie, doesn't he call himself Steve or something now instead?

One of Frank Zappas kids is called Moon Unit. Thats the worst one I can think of.

Its Joe Bowie now, I think. Lord knows what Roland Bolan calls himself these days. :huh:

Hazels okay. Phinneous (sp?), if its shortened to Finn would be fine. Sounds a bit like the children have been named after the grandparents.

I still reckon Moon Units the worst.

my major question: who gives a fuck, and why is this still being talked about days later??? :shrug:

Last edited:
Re: Re: Will Julia Roberts' kids get beaten up in the school yard?

kellyahern said:

Maybe they'll use their middle names :shrug:

but even Walter, sheesh! :no:

if they go by Walter, maybe they'll shorten it to Wally? :shrug:

anyway, i don't think either name is as bad as ima hogg :laugh:

Beck's son (just born back in May) is named Cosimo Henri. Since my nickname used to be Cosmo (no, not from Seinfeld) I like it more. :wink: And I think I heard he's the godfather of a boy named Banjo. I can't remember who the parents were though.

From CNN.com

Julia Roberts gives birth to twins
Mom, Hazel Patricia and Phinnaeus Walter reportedly doing well
Monday, November 29, 2004 Posted: 12:22 AM EST (0522 GMT)

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Actress Julia Roberts gave birth to twins Sunday morning, her publicist told CNN.

Roberts, who is married to cinematographer Daniel Moder, delivered Hazel Patricia Moder and Phinnaeus Walter Moder at a hospital in Southern California, said Marcy Engleman.

"Mother and babies are doing great," she said.

Roberts, 37, married Moder two years ago.

Roberts was born in Smyrna, Georgia, and attained fame in 1990 for her portrayal of a prostitute in the sentimental romantic comedy "Pretty Woman."

Ten years later, she won the Academy Award for best actress and a Golden Globe for best actress in a drama for her work in "Erin Brockovich."

beli said:
Isnt one of Keith Richards children called Dandelion? I think shes called Angela now.

Yes, and I think it's Andrea now, not sure. She was born with a cleft palet and they were very upset. Older brother Marlon made fun of her, and Keith and Anita were wasted most of the time and neglected her. I read that Keith's mother took custody of her, had her mouth fixed (at Keith's expense) and changed her name to Andrea. She must be 30 years old by now, I wonder how she is.

Keith Richard's mom:
:up: :applaud:
But hey, I have a friend named Fifi!
(Seriously, I do. A human friend.)
Actually her name is Feiruz, but everyone calls her Fifi.)
Although i must confess i would never name my child that, if i had one.

Back
Top Bottom