Will Ferrell Leaving SNL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiny dancer

Blue Crack Distributor
SNL'S Will Ferrel will be leavingat the end of his 7th season on May 18th. He was one of the best on the show. Who's going to the impression of George Bush? I know that I will miss him.
frown.gif

That's a bummer. He was hilarious.
frown.gif

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

WOOOOOOOOW i cant believe how much this news sucks.

*crushed

*biggest ferrell fan ever

------------------
after years of waiting, nothing came.

didn't like the Culps but loved George W.

But I'm still partial to Jimmy.....mmmm.....yummy Jimmy Fallon....

Wow.
frown.gif

I will miss the sketch he does with Rachel Dratch as the "Lovers"

Sayonara, Will.

------------------
ooh eee ooh ah ah ching chang walla walla bing bang.

I'll remember the many funny commercial skits he did: the rat poison dog food, the torturous roach trap, the antibacterial hamburger helper, the beast work out thingie, and the spring water commercial. There were so many. And that one skit with the dogs chasing him through his apartment, krazy funny! He will be so missed.
frown.gif

Surely Will Ferrell is the son of man.

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

That sucks.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Popheart.org

Originally posted by Basstrap:
Surely Will Ferrell is the son of man.

wow that came out of nowhere, LOL.

------------------

SNL hasn't been funny (at least consistently so) in ages. Practically all the skits now are based on old skits that used to be funny the first 50 times. Jimmy and Tina are cool. Will Ferrell always annoyed me, although the Culps skit was funny and his GWB impression is pretty nice.

I think more people need to leave SNL, particularly the writers. SNL needs writers who actually have original funny ideas.

Maybe it's just me...
biggrin.gif

as a side note, i currently am the only person in my high schools history to have been voted as "most likely to be on snl"

------------------

Bummer.

I also liked those cheerleader skits they did a while back.

Wasn't he one of those Bar guys, too. You know, he and Chris Katan would try to get chicks to dance with them and they wore shiny suits and bobbed their heads. What was that called? I can't remember.

SNL is just a launchpad for comedians, they go through amateur stuff, get into the professional stuff and get places on comedy shows like that, and then they reach success and they leave. Jim Carrey - In Living Colour -> SNL -> Movies. Chris Farley, Mike Myers, Norm Macdonald, Phil Hartman, etc, etc, etc...

I wouldnt worry too much about it though, SNL dies and then they find someone good, then that person leaves, it dies, and then they find someone good... Besides, he'll probably doing things out in the world now, hope for a movie or sitcom or something, its not the end of the world.

Originally posted by Lemon Meringue:
Wasn't he one of those Bar guys, too. You know, he and Chris Katan would try to get chicks to dance with them and they wore shiny suits and bobbed their heads. What was that called? I can't remember.

I don't remember what they were called, but it was indeed a hilarious skit and they took it to the big screen with A NIGHT AT THE ROXBURY. What was funny about it is that there really are weirdoes like that who hang out in those dance clubs.

~U2Alabama

Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon:
Will Ferrell was Alex Trebek wasn't he?

yes, he was. I loved that sketch!

I'll too will miss "Dubya" and the Culps...also all those sketches when he played a maniac:

"I drive a Dodge Stratus!!!!!!"
"I am a district manager..People fear me!!!!"

and..

"GET OFF THE DAMN SHED!!!!"

clark i am in love with you.

you just named two of his funniest lesserknown skits.

its skits like that which will make me miss him even more.

the best is when he yells and threatens people. classic will.

------------------

wannabe you whore!!!!! i just watched that movie tonite!!!!!!! thats hilarious!!!!

also, remember when ferrell said he was tired? on the phone i think...

ok maybe that was only funny to me...

*being called a whore in this instance is a very good thing

------------------

Ah freaking crap. He's the funniest guy out there right now. I just hope his movie career goes well... I loved his Neil Diamond. "No I will leave you IN!"

yaaah Zoolander rocks my ass off! The whole spilling of the latte scene, and "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!"
I've never even been to Mt Vesuvius.

Back
Top Bottom