Will Ferrell Auctions Movie Role for Charity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsMofoGone

Blue Crack Addict
Ferrell Auctions Movie Role for Charity
By Associated Press
Sat Sep 15, 3:14 AM

SAN MARCOS, Calif. - Will Ferrell is auctioning a cameo spot in his new movie to raise money for a fraternity brother's cancer foundation.

Ferrell came up with the idea to help Craig Pollard's Cancer for College foundation. The two were fraternity brothers at the University of Southern California.

Online bidding will begin Monday and close Sept. 26. Ferrell will announce the winner on Sept. 27, and that person will meet the actor the next day at the 14th annual Cancer for College golf tournament dinner at Temecula Creek Inn.

The opening bid for the movie appearance is $5,000.

In October, the winner will join Ferrell on set of his new movie, "Step Brothers," and appear in a scene.

"What a perfect Christmas present for your son or daughter," Ferrell said. "It is the surefire way to win the parent of the year award. Support this amazing cause, by buying them me."

Pollard, a two-time survivor of Hodgkin's disease, started Cancer for College to provide college scholarships to current and former cancer patients. The charity has awarded $200,000 to 50 cancer survivors since 1993.

And here's the winner ... a 10 year old boy. :applaud:

Ferrell Movie Role Auctioned for $47,100
By Associated Press
3 hours ago

SAN MARCOS, Calif. - A 10-year-old boy will get a chance to play an extra in Will Ferrell's new movie after his father bought the role in a cancer-charity auction for more than $47,000.

The money will go to the Cancer for College foundation run by a fraternity brother of Ferrell's at the University of Southern California. The $47,100 high bidder, a man from Dallas, asked to remain anonymous. The opening bid was $5,000.

"Winning this auction means a lot to me on a very personal basis," the winner said in a statement released by the foundation. "I lost my mother to ovarian cancer a few years ago, so I feel fortunate that my 10-year-old and I are able to participate in an event involving Cancer for College and Will Ferrell."

Ferrell came up with the idea to auction off a non-speaking part as an extra in his new movie, "Step Brothers."

"We are overwhelmed with the response and generosity to the auction," Ferrell said. "This money will help so many young people with their dreams of attending college."

The winner is scheduled to meet Ferrell on Friday at the 14th annual Cancer for College golf tournament dinner in Temecula, then join the actor on the movie set next month.

Ferrell's friend Craig Pollard, a two-time survivor of Hodgkin's disease, started Cancer for College to provide scholarships to current and former cancer patients. The charity has awarded $200,000 to 50 cancer survivors since 1993.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom