Will dogs soon be able to vote? (Yes, this is news)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
http://www.animalagalliance.org/email/HSUS_091106.cfm

HSUS' Pacelle Commits to Redoubling Anti-Agriculture Efforts
Exclusive Alliance Report from Leading Animal Rights Meeting Now Online
September 11, 2006 – In a speech at the second annual ''Taking Action for Animals'' conference in Washington D.C., Wayne Pacelle, President of the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) committed to redoubling the animal rights group's efforts against modern animal agriculture. Pacelle indicated his belief that there is little difference between animals and humans. To support his position he used research that showed similarities between humans and non-human primates then asserted that the concept could be expanded to include any animal.

Approximately 500 people attended this conference, September 2-5, 2006, in the Washington, DC area. Major sponsors of the event were the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the Animal Protection Institute, the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, Farm Sanctuary, and the Doris Day Animal League (which recently announced its merger with HSUS). Attendance increased by about 200 over last year's event.

Pacelle pledged his ongoing commitment to legislation and lobbying as key paths for the animal rights movement to move its agenda forward. He urged the audience to continue pursuing animal guardianship laws to replace animal ownership laws. Pacelle suggested using the term ''Canine Americans'' instead of dogs to emphasize the rights of these animals.

This meeting continued to reflect the major changes in the animal rights movement shown in the last few years. The majority of the audience had a professional demeanor and was dressed in business casual attire. It is clear that HSUS has found - and is cultivating - a segment of activists that are educated, organized professionals capable of making calculated moves to further the organization's influence.

The full text of the Animal Agriculture Alliance's (Alliance) report on this meeting is available on the password protected Members section of the Alliance website.

WTF ARE THEY SMOKING????? :lmao:

Will this make cats feel bad? :hmm:

I smell a kitty lawsuit. :ohmy:

Well they've outlawed Sodomy but allowed Beastiality in Texas.

So animal rights are sure going up a notch :up:

trevster2k said:
Who wants to move to Texas?

I keed, I keed!!:wink:

Speaking of Texas, I guess you might say that the White House has already gone to the dogs...

*drum-roll*

*cymbal*

Bring on the animal rights, I say. Make them full and equal citizens. My dog, Coco, is actually one of the smartest creatures I know...she leads a full and robust life. She's actually leaving for Montreal tomorrow to reunite with her brother, Roco. (He's a fashion designer.)

If Coco is able to vote one day, our government would be all the better for it. It's time to legislate better pet food for all.

LemonMelon said:
But if dogs become citizens,why not cats, or monkeys? :ohmy:

or sea slugs or insects . . .

I'm all for animal rights when it comes to things like cruelty and abuse, but this is just silly.

I'd also like to see this research . . .

I'm 16 (I can have kids and get a job) yet I can't vote..and dogs might be able to?! Okay I'm in a different country- But still! Craziness.

Weren't dead animals already registered to vote in 2000 and 2004?
Anyway, thanks to Diebold, Republican
dominance is assured for the next 60 years :up: :|

Barney-20040908.jpg

My brother, who has cynophobia (fear of dogs) would become a racist in this scenario.

Back
Top Bottom