Wilco, DVD, tour dates...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Wilco Shelve KameraEP, Gear Up for Tour
May release "Gamera" DVD instead
Marnie Christenson reports:
As we reported last December, Wilco put together an EP entitled Kamerafor bonus release with the Australian version of Yankee Hotel Foxtrotin January. As of late, there is still none such official release date for this six-track disc that contains three new songs recorded A.B. (After Bennett). The disc was to have originally been released in the U.S. in early 2003, then rumored to have been pushed back to February, but now it's April and still no release date. And there's not going to be.
According to the band's publicist, it's been permanently backburnered. Kameratracklist:
01 Kamera (alternate take)
02 Handshake Drugs
03 Woodgrain
04 A Magazine Called Sunset
05 Bob Dylan's 49th Beard
06 More Like the Moon
Now, in the area of actual released products that bear the Wilco name, we can tell you that the DVD of I Am Trying to Break Your Heartwas indeed released on April 1st. No fool's joke, there. The double-DVD contains-- straight off the back of the box-- "feature commentary from director Sam Jones and Wilco", "original theatrical trailer", "English subtitles for the hearing impaired", "over 70 minutes of extra footage, featuring 17 additional Wilco songs, alternate versions of songs from Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, live concert performances, and new unreleased songs", "I Am Trying to Break Your Heart'featurette'", and a "deluxe 40-page booklet with filmmaker's diary, exclusive photos, and liner notes from Rolling Stone's David Fricke." Dang. You can currently view exclusive (!) clips on Yahoo movies. We've provided a link below for your surfing convenience.
It's also looking like Wilco will also be spending a fair part of the year on tour. This spring, they'll make a smattering of appearances in the East and Southeast U.S., and then make some festival appearances this summer. Some fall dates with those protesting geezers from Athens, R.E.M., are also on tap. And as we reported just last week, Wilco will also be joining those protesting geezers from NYC, Sonic Youth, onstage for two days in Central Park, and have just added another Boston date as well. Ticket information can be found at Wilco's official website.
Tweedy and Co. will also be doing a few dates with The Minus 5-- or should we say asthe Minus 5? To clarify, The Minus 5 for these dates consists of all Wilco members, as well as Young Fresh Fellow Scott McCaughey and "any other stragglers they pick up along the way." These appearances come on the heels of the new Minus 5 full-length, Down with Wilco, which features other heavy-hitters such as Peter Buck, Rebecca Gates, Ken Stringfellow of The Posies, and yep, Wilco. Those of you residing anywhere except Chicago and New York can catch The Minus 5 on Late Nite with David Lettermanon April 29th. Mad tourdates:
Minus 5 dates:
04-16 Chicago, IL - Abbey Pub
04-17 Chicago, IL - Abbey Pub
04-29 New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom
Wilco dates:
04-21 Dekalb, IL - Otto's
04-22 Lexington, KY - Singletary Center
04-25 Burlington, VT - Flynn Theatre (w/Adam Green)
05-01 Asheville, NC - The Orange Peel
05-02 Memphis, TN - Beale Street Music Festival
06-13 Minneapolis, MN - Walker Art Center
06-21 Pittsburgh, PA - Three Rivers Arts Festival (Symphony Stage)
06-23 Boston, MA - FleetBoston Pavillion (w/Sonic Youth)
06-26 New York, NY - Central Park - Summerstage (w/Sonic Youth)
06-27 New York, NY - Central Park - Summerstage (w/Sonic Youth)
07-03 Milwaukee, WI - Summerfest
Opening for R.E.M.:
09-03 Portland, OR - New Amphitheatre
09-06 Mountain View, CA - Shoreline Amphitheatre
09-10 Hollywood, CA - Hollywood Bowl
09-11 Las Vegas, NV - Thomas and Mack Center
09-13 Morrison, CO - Red Rocks Amphitheatre

source- Pitchfork.......

Last edited:
Elvis Presley said:
Did I mention I will be in attendance at the Lexington show, my lovlies?

I'm not quite that lovely, but thanks for the compliment. I'd probably describe myself as ravishingly sexy, not lovely.

Last edited:
:) Gina (Hallelujah Here She Comes) and I will be going to a few of these shows. Cleveland for sure. We were planning a trip to see the U2 exhibit at the RARHOF anyway, so this was perfect. We'll also definitely be at the Milwaukee Summerfest show.

And I'm going to Red Rocks in September!!! R.E.M. and Wilco ... I can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom