Wilco..any good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very good!

------------------
"The line on the screen is broken. What once was asleep has woken." - I Am Kloot, "To You"

I forgot to mention that the cd I was pertaining to was "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot", but I guess I'd still get the same responses.
wink.gif
Thanks for the tip!

I haven't got it, but I do know it's the fav album at the moments with the dutch music critics

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

In my view, not as good as Summerteeth but fantastic nonetheless.

(Wilco are my favorite current band, just edging U2.)

Not too familiar with their earlier work except that Guthrie thing (which I LOVETH but can't remember the name of) but exxxxxccellleennnttt

I also recently realized that a lot of the artists I'm really into now are "alt country" like that. o_O hmm They say Pete Yorn is alt.country. And Bryan Adams! *loveth* So I geuss if you like those guys, you should like most of Wilco

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

"Rock n Roll never tasted so good" ~Bono
Get on the Boos

Burn down the disco* Hang the blessed D.J.*
Because the music that they constantly play
IT SAYS NOTHING TO ME ABOUT MY LIFE ~Smiths

I am just for you, as you are not for me ~Pete Yorn

mug222 knows how I feel about this, but I would suggest you give either of the two Billy Bragg & Wilco MERMAID AVENUE CDs a spin (those are the "Guthrie thing" WildHonee refers to). Also check out related bands Uncle Tupelo and Son Volt.

~U2Alabama

The Wilco album is good, overhyped but good. I really like it and think it's great, but it's not the "classic, amazing" album lots of the reviews around make it to be.

Back
Top Bottom