Widespread Panic's Sunday Night Show Was GREAT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Bama

Rock n' Roll Doggie
At Oak Mountain Amphitheatre in Pelham (Birmingham), Alabama. I went, even thought I had a 5:45 flight to West Virginia the next morning. I know that U2 fans aren't "supposed" to listen to that type of music, but I don't care. I have seen many of their shows over the past 12 years and this one may have been the best.

Take along some of your favorite things, cause you're gonna need them.

~U2Alabama

Spread Head

ever heard of Oysterhead? I saw them last November, now that was a great show

I suppose you like Phish, or maybe not... anyway, I don't listen to bands like that on a regular basis, but they are tremendous musicians, bands like that are great if you are in the mood for hearing some great jamming

For the record, I HATE(d) Phish! Although there are some common fans, there was also some animosity between the 2 followings, both of which grew after the demise of the Dead. I never liked Phish to begin with, and now that they are not touring, many of the freakier elements of their following have joined the Widespread following. I will have to check out Oysterhead though. I'm sure I can find some resources in the Jam Bands community.

Tremendous musicians indeed; Sunday night was supposedly the finale for lead guitarist Mike Houser, maybe pancreatic cancer, or maybe a bad rumor. He lit the stage with his typical mellow solos. They also had guest Jerry Joseph whose solos were a bit more aggressive but good nonetheless.

~U2Alabama

Back
Top Bottom