Wide Awake In Randoooooooooom!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
arw9797 said:

ok I remember the old box!!!!! The Mall of America had some cereal figures like the one on the newer box when they had that Cereral World thing on the 3rd floor by the food court where the golfing used to be. I was so tempted to buy the Boo Berry dude. I wish I would have because the Cereal World place closed and so did the store :sad:

That didn't last long.

They have Boo Berry bobbleheads or coin banks out there...I haveseen them at Urban Outfitters too.

arw9797 said:
who would have thought a comment about one of my favorite cereals by The Edge would have started so much talk about the cereal? :laugh:

BT (birthday Twin):

this cereal has been a lifelong love for me. Moving to Minnesota and finding it on the shelves at Lunds was the greatest thing in college. I had been looking for it for YEARS. I still part of my survey of good grocery stores....if they have boo berry, they get extra points.

When I was in college, I remember a friend and I were bored...we went to the Lunds in Highland Park, picked up some Boo Berry and milk, and went to the airport and sat in the terminal (this was before you needed a boarding pass to go through security) eating the cereal, guessing what flight people are getting off:

(munch munch munch) "oh those people are SOOO coming in from Dallas...look at all the cowboy hats."

zoney! said:

BT (birthday Twin):

this cereal has been a lifelong love for me. Moving to Minnesota and finding it on the shelves at Lunds was the greatest thing in college. I had been looking for it for YEARS. I still part of my survey of good grocery stores....if they have boo berry, they get extra points.

When I was in college, I remember a friend and I were bored...we went to the Lunds in Highland Park, picked up some Boo Berry and milk, and went to the airport and sat in the terminal (this was before you needed a boarding pass to go through security) eating the cereal, guessing what flight people are getting off:

(munch munch munch) "oh those people are SOOO coming in from Dallas...look at all the cowboy hats."
:lol:

I had no idea Boo Berry was such a pop-culture smash! Did you ever go to 4 different supermarkets looking for your Boo Berry to eat in the airport?

zoney! said:

I am rethinling this now...if they were PINK cowboy hats...they could have been coming from Columbus. :love:

zoney! said:

BT (birthday Twin):

Well we were born on the same day so I'm not surprised we like the same cereal.

And....my grandpa lives on St Clair! I practically grew up in that Lunds (Applebaums :sexywink: ). I remember going there with my grandma and shopping with her for baking supplies. I was actually just there not too long ago to pick some stuff up for my grandpa.

Kariann said:
Ok Round 2 taping is good to go! During round 1 I was like why isnt it taping?! It took me an entire commercial before it came on to figure out that I hadnt put in the tape. :reject:
I've done that several times before. It's a bummer when you've set the VCR, gone to work, and come home all excited for...NOTHING.

Schmeg said:

:lol:

I had no idea Boo Berry was such a pop-culture smash! Did you ever go to 4 different supermarkets looking for your Boo Berry to eat in the airport?

I knew exactly where to find it!

Actually, the airport part was an after thought. Sounded like a good place to eat cereal. I never thought I would end up working there someday. :uhoh:

APPLEBAUMS...I remember going to Applebaums when we visited my uncle when we were little. He lived at Snelling and Montreal.

zoney! said:

I knew exactly where to find it!

Actually, the airport part was an after thought. Sounded like a good place to eat cereal. I never thought I would end up working there someday. :uhoh:

APPLEBAUMS...I remember going to Applebaums when we visited my uncle when we were little. He lived at Snelling and Montreal.

:hmm: I don't know where Montreal is. What side of 94 is it on?

I do my current grocery shopping at a place called Wegman's. It is the GREATEST grocery store. :D

They have drive-up service...with people who will put your groceries in the car. The first time I ever saw that was at Applebaum's. I think of Applebaum's everytime I see that.

zoney! said:
I do my current grocery shopping at a place called Wegman's. It is the GREATEST grocery store. :D

They have drive-up service...with people who will put your groceries in the car. The first time I ever saw that was at Applebaum's. I think of Applebaum's everytime I see that.

I haven't thought of the name Applebaum's in ages. It's been so long since it was Applebaum's. Lunds and Byerly's are now basically the same thing. Byerly's has gotten so fancy and so expensive to keep up with Lunds. They always were a little fancy but I think it's gotten worse. The SLP one is completely remodeling and the restaurant is now called "The Minnesota Grill." :| Kariann and Schmeg have eaten at Byerly's by Southdale in the new marketplace area :sexywink:

arw9797 said:

:hmm: I don't know where Montreal is. What side of 94 is it on?

Its in the heart of Highland Park. Highland Park High School is on the corner of Montreal and Snelling. Behind the H.S.on the hill, there is a house. It was the rectory (Priest's house) for St. Gregory's. He was the priest at St. Gregory's.

When I walk into that Lunds and use my checkcard....people always ask if I am related to "Monsignor B" - um, monsignor zoney. They still talk about him.

arw9797 said:

I haven't thought of the name Applebaum's in ages. It's been so long since it was Applebaum's. Lunds and Byerly's are now basically the same thing. Byerly's has gotten so fancy and so expensive to keep up with Lunds. They always were a little fancy but I think it's gotten worse. The SLP one is completely remodeling and the restaurant is now called "The Minnesota Grill." :| Kariann and Schmeg have eaten at Byerly's by Southdale in the new marketplace area :sexywink:
That was a good sandwich. :drool: Kept me nice and full all they way through the Wacky World of Wisconsin!

zoney! said:

Its in the heart of Highland Park. Highland Park High School is on the corner of Montreal and Snelling. Behind the H.S.on the hill, there is a house. It was the rectory (Priest's house) for St. Gregory's. He was the priest at St. Gregory's.

:hmm: why can't I picture where the high school is?!?! :der: I know Highland Park just as well as I do this area. If it was close to my work I would live there. It's my favorite place in the entire Twin Cities area. I love St Paul so much :heart:

arw9797 said:
Lunds and Byerly's :sexywink:

I like Lunds better.

I LOVE their fresh cut flower selection. Almost better than a florist. :D

I would buy for me or for the girl du jour all of the time. I love having fresh cut flowers around (NO, I am NOT gay :mad: ).

zoney! said:

I like Lunds better.

I LOVE their fresh cut flower selection. Almost better than a florist. :D

I would buy for me or for the girl du jour all of the time. I love having fresh cut flowers around (NO, I am NOT gay :mad: ).

fresh cut flowers make me sneeze :sad:

arw9797 said:

:hmm: why can't I picture where the high school is?!?! :der: I know Highland Park just as well as I do this area. If it was close to my work I would live there. It's my favorite place in the entire Twin Cities area. I love St Paul so much :heart:

You know where the Highland Water Tower is on Snelling? Continue SOUTH on Snelling...right before it ends...by the Highland Golf Course.

zoney! said:

You know where the Highland Water Tower is on Snelling? Continue SOUTH on Snelling...right before it ends...by the Highland Golf Course.

yeah I was thinking it was down in that area. I know where the water tower is on Snelling. So it must be on the other side of Ford Pkwy?

Back
Top Bottom