Wicked -The Musical

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedRocksU2

Blue Crack Addict
A few of us are going to see this play on Saturday. Anyone else seen it?

wicked_album_cover.jpg

Cool.

It's 4 of us going. We are making a complete day out of it. Cocktails, dinner before the play. :)

We saw this in NYC a few years ago.....My request

sorry to say I did not care for it...I can't really explain why...just didn't.....not what I expected I guess....anyway, don't worry, I am totally the minority on this...everyone else seems to love it!:wink:

RedrocksU2 said:
A few of us are going to see this play on Saturday. Anyone else seen it?

wicked_album_cover.jpg

:applaud:

You're gonna frickin' LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw it in March and I was blown away. I had very LOW expectations since I had been given the soundtrack for Christmas and I wasn't very impressed by it (unlike the RENT soundtrack which i LOVE!).

So I wasn't really expecting much from the stage production and I was just so surprised! I laughed my ass off, I got misty eyed.

I wish I were one of your 4!!!!

Hey, Carlos, right? Are you guys going to The Pantages. I forgot you're so close to me. You're gonna love it! The Glinda is FANTASTIC!!!!

I think I know someone in the original broadway cast. Anyway I hear it's great

Edit: Opps no she wasn't in Wicked afterall

Last edited:
I liked it very much. I had some issues with the Oz story being manipulated, but I used to belong to an Oz club, so take that for what it's worth. :reject: The songs don't last in your mind like those of other musicals; a critic said something about how the songs need the story, and I have to agree.

But overall, I liked it and I was glad I went.

martha said:
I liked it very much. I had some issues with the Oz story being manipulated, but I used to belong to an Oz club, so take that for what it's worth. :reject: The songs don't last in your mind like those of other musicals; a critic said something about how the songs need the story, and I have to agree.

But overall, I liked it and I was glad I went.

I agree with that assessment of the songs - I had a few stuck in my head for weeks after, but not many.

It was very enjoyable, though.

It's pretty long. I have really long legs, so I started getting antsy in my seat towards the end.

There are tons of restaurants nearby. There's one right on the corner. Vine Grill.? Hollywood Grill? Something like that. Classy, upscale and like 1 minute away from the Pantages.

Enjoy! :wink:

RedrocksU2 said:
Yeah, Hollywood and Vine Restaurant....I looked at their menu....does not sound that good...:)

I've never eaten there, so I don't know. Before we saw Wicked, we went to Bossa Nova. It's on Sunset and it was really good. Great pizza. I had a really good pasta dish. And they do other good stuff.

http://losangeles.citysearch.com/profile/78213/

My only caveat is that it is a casual restaurant (mostly people in shorts and tee-shirts), and NO AIR CONDITIONING . . . . . so if you do go be forewarned! :wink:

Well, the play was last night. It was outstanding!

I really liked it. I was surprised by the humor and it went very good. I only wish we had better seats.

The dinner before the show was a last minute decision; we ended up at the Hollywood and Vine Restaurant, after looking for a place to eat for about an hour.:|
At 7 PM, one hour before the show was to start, we decided to go there. I had called earlier to make reservations, but they said that the place was all booked up for the night....only for us to get there and they say that there was a 10 minute wait:mad:

So we ended up having a very quick dinner there, but it was expensive!
I ordered a Rib eye steak and so did my brother in law, but then the waiter says; "We have a Porter House steak if you want?"...my BIL says...ok.
It was $48.

So the bill comes and it totals $182.....plus tip.
Fastest $212 dinner ever......45 minutes.
oh well....

Good times.

I loved it when I saw it in March '06. It was my first trip to NYC and I went with my fiancee. I've been back to New York 3 times since and seen two more plays, Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables. Yes, I know they're big bloated productions. But I did plays in college in a 6 by 8 playing space in the round... so I appreciate more simple and raw theatre, too. But I LOVE musicals with a fiery passion. I watched the Sound of Music way too much as a kid I guess. We also saw the touring production of RENT in Norfolk, VA, and Callie said it was pretty much identical to the broadway version, just missing the atmosphere of the Nederlander. I still want to see it on Broadway. Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal are returning for part of the summer. . . which just happens to coincide with my move to New Jersey. . . :hmm:

I've seen it three times. Once in New York, and twice on the touring show in Miami. It is sooo GOOD! I really love it.

RedrocksU2 said:
Thanks April. :)

UL, watching Les Miserables in NYC is a dream of mine :up:

I saw Les Miz in NYC a while back ... it was awesome.

I also saw The Lion King in NYC ... the whole Circle of Life opening was amazing.

The fiancee are holding out for Avenue Q for our 2 year anniversary. I'd kinda like to see Jersey Boys and Spring Awakening, too.

A really good friend of mine saw 7 shows while in NY 2 weeks ago. Among them were A Chorus Line, Lion King, Rent, Spring Awakening, and Wicked.

(he was visiting friends who are in some of the shows so he even got to go backstage etc. Best trip of his life he says!)

Back
Top Bottom