Why the Yankees will ROCK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dobro815

The Fly
Aquisitions such as the Big Unit, Carl Pavano, TINO, Ramiro, Wright, and TONY WOMAK, as supposed to Pedro and Beltran and.....ummmmm......Thats it, isn't it, is the reason the yanks will slaughter the Mets.

Why the Yankees will SUCK

The Yank-mes will blow up this year. You can quote me on that. Steinbrenner went too apeshit when the Sox tore the Yankees a new one in the ALCS and he overloaded his team with too many egos. Egos that will not be as willing to share the spotlight.

Prediction: If the Yanks make the playoffs, it'll be only be because the AL will be to the NL what the NFC was to the AFC this year. Everybody will have to suck equally for the Yankees to suck less than everyone else.

dobro815 said:
Aquisitions such as the Big Unit, Carl Pavano, TINO, Ramiro, Wright, and TONY WOMAK, as supposed to Pedro and Beltran and.....ummmmm......Thats it, isn't it, is the reason the yanks will slaughter the Mets.

ahhhh yes the old quantity over quality argument. so if i offered you 2 gems or 6 pieces of shit, i guess i dont have to explain which one you would take would you.

johnson is to old to pay that kinda cash for...even more risky than pedro. tino(hes so great you just had to put his names in caps right) is finished. womak is decent but he will be forced to the bottom of the lineup. i'll say pavano and wright arent bad moves though they reallt needed a lefty(you'll say johnson but at his age why didn't they get lefty grove. don't give me that crap about him being dead, george would wnat him because he would not have to pay his medical or dental.)

you said thats all the mets got. what about kris benson? they got him at the trade deadline and resigned him.

the mets will be decent this year. the have a better outfield than the yankees. (floyd-beltran-cammy). piazza behind the plate(yes hes old....but in a contract year). BETTER ROTATION THAN THE YANKEES.
glavine
pedro
benson
zambrano
trachsel

they at least know who the starting 1B is.

Game Over....you lose

ok well randy johnson will be money should he stay healthy
carl pavano will be a slight upgrade over vazquez, but likely with the same results as javy last year- big disappointment
tino, ramiro...who cares?
jaret wright... completely going to buckle under the pressure
tony womack- career year last year, bum back to boot

nevertheless, the yankees will still win the divsion

Re: Re: Why the Yankees will ROCK

TheBrush said:

the mets will be decent this year. the have a better outfield than the yankees. (floyd-beltran-cammy). piazza behind the plate(yes hes old....but in a contract year). BETTER ROTATION THAN THE YANKEES.
glavine
pedro
benson
zambrano
trachsel

Are You Kidding?

Johnson
Mussina
Pavano
Wright
Brown

That rotation kills the Metrolpolita's rotation. Even if you put Pedro in the number 2 slot (which he won't be in) You say that Randy Johnson is worse off medically than Pedro. Whatever,your just jealous that he was BETTER than Pedro. As for Beltran, he was a good pick up, for now, but he batted .268 last year, not impressive.

Wright is under NO pressure. Neither is Pavano, nor Moose. Only Randy, and he's the only one who can handle it.

Outfield wise, you must be on literal crack to think that floyd-beltran-cameron is better than Hideki-Bernie-Sheffield. Our offense levels out our defense, while your defense does not come close to levelign the offense.

Re: Re: Re: Why the Yankees will ROCK

dobro815 said:

Are You Kidding?

Johnson
Mussina
Pavano
Wright
Brown

That rotation kills the Metrolpolita's rotation. Even if you put Pedro in the number 2 slot (which he won't be in) You say that Randy Johnson is worse off medically than Pedro. Whatever,your just jealous that he was BETTER than Pedro. As for Beltran, he was a good pick up, for now, but he batted .268 last year, not impressive.

Wright is under NO pressure. Neither is Pavano, nor Moose. Only Randy, and he's the only one who can handle it.

Outfield wise, you must be on literal crack to think that floyd-beltran-cameron is better than Hideki-Bernie-Sheffield. Our offense levels out our defense, while your defense does not come close to levelign the offense.

you're delusional. brown is old and declining, wright had one good season after how many failures? mussina was not good at all last year, and pavano is going to have huge spotlights on him after being brought in for the contract he garnered.

pedro, glavine, trachsel, zambrano, benson is a safer rotation. better? probably, partially due to pitching in the nl. the yankees have a higher reward if everything goes right with theirs, but the mets 9 times out of 10 will out pitch the yankees.

the defense in the outfield for the yankees is going to be BRUTAL. beltran and cameron will cover a hell of a lot of ground, floyd may be gimpy, but the other two out there for the mets makes up for it.

seriously the outfield thing............you stupid. okay out of the six of them the best overall player NOW(opening day) is beltran. #2 is cammy gold glover with nearly 30 dingers last year. floyd is probably tied for 5/6 with bernie. bernie is done is over

again game over...............continue? they are unlimited

stlelevation and thebrush grab dobro815 and his gimpy leg of an argument to stand on, one by the arms, one by the legs and mercilessly rip him in to. then proceed to high five and dance like idiots around the corpse

what..............you know that yellow mean looking motherfucker with his waving hand. it seriously looks like a middle finger.

--i know you will be back dobro815. the devil sent dobro815 from hell to destroy me..............dobro815 is the face of evil!!!!
evil empire....george steinbrenner.........god damn im pissed off

What was Cameron's Average. What was Beltran's Average. What was Floyd's Average. Sheffield was second in teh MVP voting. Cameron wasn't even on the NL ballot. Here are the numbers:

beltran - 38hr, 104RBI, 101K, 42 SB, .267BA
cameron - 30hr, 78RBI, 143K, 22SB, .231BA
Floyd - 18hr, 63RBI, 103K, 11SB, .260 BA

Matsui - 31hr, 108rbi, 103k, 3sb, .298BA
Sheffield - 36hr, 121rbi, 83 K, 5SB, .290BA
Bernie - 22hr, 26RBI, 96K, 1SB, .262BA

The only category that the Mets are better in is SB. But the Yankees are better than everyone else. Would you trade Floyd for Sheffield, yes. Would you trade Cameron for Sheffield, yes. Would you trade Floyd or Cameron for Matsui, yes. Floyd and Bernie are exactly the same. Cameron plays a little better defense. Sheffield is tied with Beltran, being that they excell in different categories. Matsui would be second to them.

As supposed to the many Met fans in this post, I will not try to look all TOUGH by stating that the game is over, and i have finished it. That's for wussy's.

okay i said floyd and bernie were about equal. sheffield was in the mvp voting because he was a yankee. I will make it simple your starting a team pick any three of these guys. i bet two are mets. now i would not trade the steroid chomping mother fucker for cameron . DO..........YOU.........................HAVE...................A....................HEAD.........................INJURY. sheffield tied with beltran. NO sale. Sheffield had better protection in the lineup, had more people on base, was able to dh whenever he wanted, and was on juice that makes your balls look like raisenettes.

look at the yankees division, they play against shitty teams with..........gasp............shitty pitching. baltimore, toronto, tampa. they stink. the mets go against the braves staff, the marlins(willis and YOUR BOY PAVANO), and the phillies staff.

that sheffield tied for beltran thing is fucked in the head. look at the stolen bases. i think 42 in 45 attempts, he played on a shitty royals team with no protection most of the year. and excelled in the playoffs. Hes a better player than sheffield and more importantly a better person. i would not trade for sheffield because he would be a cancer. hes a piece of shit.

I don't believe it--there's another Yankees fan on Interference! I thought I was the only one!!!

Seriously, I have high hopes for this season. I am thrilled that Tino is back, even if he isn't as effective a player as he once was.

And since when is Boston Title Town, anyway?!?!?!?

i overlook something in your post dobro how does cameron play a little better defense. hes amazin' (no pun intended....well maybe a little) you could give bernie a clothes hamper and it would be no contest. By overall you have to factor in defense too. i dont think the mets are a better team. they will be in two years with reyes and wright. (WRIGHT WILL BE AMAZING IF HE LEARNS TO LAY OFF THE HIGH CHEESE).

goodmorning. Did you even mention godzilla in any of the previous posts. Just ignoring the good Matsui. The Mets will never be better than the Yankees.

i think matsui is the best of the yankee outfielders as of now. he will have a better year than sheffield(im not positive but i think matsui is in a contract year, not sure as to where to look that up) his defense can be shaky, ive seen him drop some balls that he should have gotten. i would rank the outfielders this way

1-beltran
2-cameron
3-matsui
4-sheffield
5/6-williams/floyd

williams was a better player over his carrer than floyd but i am talking nowadays, he seems to have lost a step and injuries have bogged him down.

do you see what i mean by why i would not trade beltran for shef or even cammy for shef. he is a bad clubhouse guy. the mets dont need steroid accusiations(butchered that spelling job) . dont get me wrong shef is a good player might even go to the hall but father time catches up to us all.

just curious dobro what our your other teams in other sports i noticed you were in the hockey thread?

Back
Top Bottom