Why the Red Sox will repeat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheFly84138

The Fly
0010. Francona-he can manage a pitching staff better than anyone
0009. The Boston people-who loves their team more?
0008. Wade Miller-if he's healthy he'll easily be number 3 in the rotation
0007. Fenway Park-noboby outhits them in their home terroritory and their home record was damn good
0006. Last season-they beLIEve now
0005. Bullpen-I'll take Foulke, Embree and Timlin over anyone
0004. Matt Clement-most underrated pitcher in baseball as K total and run support will show
0003. Johnny Damon-the most overlooked player in baseball, 91 RBIs from the leadoff spot and when he gets on base they win, as noted from his slump in games 1-3 in the ALCS and he's production in ALCS games 4-7 and all the World Series
0002. David Ortiz-nuff said
0001. Curt Schilling-he'd die for that uniform

TheFly84138 said:
0004. Matt Clement-most underrated pitcher in baseball as K total and run support will show

Cubs fans. =)

And as far as Clement goes, he is a very underrated pitcher, but just remember that he has a tendency to blow as the end of the season approaches.

TheFly84138 said:
0010. Francona-he can manage a pitching staff better than anyone
Larussa?
Probably Cubs' fans...but either way, this has zero bearing on the on field production.
0008. Wade Miller-if he's healthy he'll easily be number 3 in the rotation
Thats one huge "if"
Or most overrated as 4 walks per nine innings, a sub .500 record and huge ERA in the National League will only balloon in the AL

Re: Re: Why the Red Sox will repeat

Hewson said:
Larussa?
Probably Cubs' fans...but either way, this has zero bearing on the on field production.
[/b]Thats one huge "if"
Or most overrated as 4 walks per nine innings, a sub .500 record and huge ERA in the National League will only balloon in the AL [/B]

actually larussa gets criticized a lot for how he handles the pitching staff, especially here in st louis

id have to go with bobby cox

boston, new york, and st louis fans all love their teams more than cubs fans

cubs fans are idiots, sure they sell out every game even when they suck, but thats because its the "cool" thing to do in chicago, its not about going to see good baseball

(disclaimer - there are a few good cubs fans so if you are a cubs fan dont get pissy, i probably wasnt talking about you)

Tony Larussa managing a pitching staff better than Francona, haha. I'd take at least half of the managers in the MLB over him anyday. Once they won the division he should have rested his big three, but nope, he wore his old guys down and they didn't have anything when it came time for everything to count. Cubs fans? Please...

Whoever said Clement's record meant something must not follow baseball. Last time I checked winning and losing was on the TEAM, especially with the lack of run support he had. Randy Johnson was barely .500, so is he overrated?

Last edited:
TheFly84138 said:

Whoever said Clement's record meant something must not follow baseball. Last time I checked winning and losing was on the TEAM, especially with the lack of run support he had. Randy Johnson was barely .500, so is he overrated?
Hooboy did you pick a poor example to back up your claim.
First, while winning and losing may be on the team, it falls most on the shoulders of the starting pitcher...there's a reason why pitchers are credited with wins and losses.

Now lets view your Clement and Johnson comparison.
Clement: 9-13, 3.68 ERA 190K 77BB in 181 IP.
Johnson: 16-14, 2.60 ERA 290K 44BB in 245.2 IP.

Now factor in that Clement played on a Cubs team which won 87 games and was 7th in the NL in runs scored with 789 and Johnson played on the worst team in baseball, the D'Backs who won a whopping 53 games and were dead last in runs scored with 615 and your argument is losing a lot of steam.
Johnson is not overrated, Clement is thus far a sub .500 pitcher with mediocre stats outside of strikeouts, an alarming amount of walks issued, and all that in the National League where he has no DH to contend with.

Last time I checked a pitcher's record did mean something in baseball, not too many hall of famers with losing records out there.

Last edited:
Haha, right. I don't think I ever did "compare" Clement to Randy Johnson, and FUCK the hall of fame. FUCK pitchers records too. If you want to take that into account when it's a team sport than you might as well believe Sosa hitting 60+ homers in three years means something too. Clement put his team in a position to win every game; 3.68 ERA with 4.06 in run support. Therefore, he put more into it than they did thus his record is not credible.

Back
Top Bottom