Why the Patriots rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

speedracer

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Did everyone notice the live version of "Walk On" playing during the last two minutes of the Patriots' victory over Indianapolis and "Beautiful Day" playing after the trophy presentation?

They rock indeed

Btw, did anyone notice the naked Colt walking in the background when that reporter was interviewing Dungy after the game? :ohmy: I'm still laughing at that :wink:

MrsSpringsteen said:
They rock indeed

Btw, did anyone notice the naked Colt walking in the background when that reporter was interviewing Dungy after the game? :ohmy: I'm still laughing at that :wink:

:ohmy: :scratch: Doesn't he know how cold it is?? LOL.
mebbe he lost a bet! :hmm:

Go Pats! :applaud: I can't believe they are in the superbowl AGAIN!!! It's all the Red Sox last-minute-losts that are getting to me, I think!

I know someone who works at Foxboro stadium, and she said when she was training, they played BD over and over and over the loudspeakers, to the point where she hates it now lol!

oliveu2cm said:

:ohmy: :scratch: Doesn't he know how cold it is?? LOL.
mebbe he lost a bet! :hmm:

lol-it was indoors, in the hall where the locker rooms are. I guess he forgot there were cameras there :ohmy: If he was outside, now THAT would have been something :eeklaugh: or if he had been walking in a different direction :silent:

Seabird said:
It was only a lucky break because of the weather. The Pats bore me to death. Go Panthers! Knock that hideous grin off of Brady's face! :evil:
Ah yes it was again just one lucky break for the Pats. 14 wins in a row...all luck of course. 4 interception's of Manning...pure luck. Manning having happy feet in the pocket all day from the constant pressure, all due to light snow. Manning's 0-5 lifetime record in Foxboro, nothing but plain old luck and weather. His whopping 35.5 QB rating, clearly due to the frigid 35 degree day, and the nearly one full inch of snow that fell. Rodney Harrison dislodging the ball from Starvin' Marvin...just luck.

And the Pats are boring, so time to root for the Panthers?? Have you watched them? Think Pats, but without the 5 wideout formation.

Again when the Pats win the SuperBowl and become the 2nd team to win 15 straight in one season (72 Dolphins) it will be one lucky break, probably a cold snap in Houston, though the stadium has a roof, the Panthers will forget their winter coats for the bus ride to the game, thus giving the "lucky" Pats the one weather related break that gives them a historic championship.

Last edited:
the pats "rock" because tall their dbacks do is hold the recievers, and for some reason they dont call it in the playoffs, it's pretty ridiculous

Chizip said:
the pats "rock" because tall their dbacks do is hold the recievers, and for some reason they dont call it in the playoffs, it's pretty ridiculous

If you're a receiver and the DBs are jamming/holding you and the refs are allowing it, you don't whine to the refs. You push them back.

I think its funny how I would see Tom Brady everyday at school here at Michigan and how everyone on campus wished that Drew Henson was playing instead of him.

Now he's the big shit in the NFL

speedracer said:

If you're a receiver and the DBs are jamming/holding you and the refs are allowing it, you don't whine to the refs. You push them back.

please, a reciever has more things to worry about then getting in a shoving match with a db, if he does that then the db wins because the reciever is not running his route in time.

i dont see why they allow one set of rules during the regular season and a different set of rules in the postseason, what is this, the nhl or something?

Looks like 'some' people who never come here to discuss football and speculate and predict with the rest of us only come here to gloat after the fact. Well it's easy to talk after the game. What's up with that, afraid to say anything ahead of time, afraid you might lose? We all take that chance. It's what it's all about.

And yes, the Colts' receivers were held and manhandled to the point it was ridiculous. Dungy is not going to tell them to 'push back' because he's a class act and doesn't believe in playing dirty. If the Colt recievers had pushed back, likely they'd have been called on it. It's clear who some of the refs were for. I saw some of the same stuff against the Eagles in the NFC game, and Collinsworth commented on it. But it couldn't have been the league behind it, you know the league, and the media, would much rather have had a Manning vs. McNabb, James (who is called "The Edge' btw) vs. Staley matchups to hype up. Now we're stuck with a lot of drips and no names. I guess the Carolina 'Cinderella' story will be the angle they go for.

5 yard push rule its allowed, and it almost always occured within that radius.

what about that ridiculous delay of game that was NOT called on manning in what was it... the 3rd or 4th quarter? the clock was at 00 for at least 3 or 4 seconds, at least. no call, no flag, nothing.

this is the superbowl i wanted to see, two hard nosed D's, a Cinderella, and the cinderella of the past in line to possibly win their 2nd bowl in 3 years...

For the record, I didn't come here to "gloat" or anything of the sort. And I wasn't "afraid" to say anything before either. If I felt it was that easy to analyze someone's psyche or motivations over the internet, I might feel that some people might be bitter or something :shrug: I thought I was free to post some silly comments about the game :shrug:

The reason I "never come here" to discuss football is that I don't feel welcome here, just like I don't in many other areas of Interference.

Have a good day everyone :) I guess this thread will degenerate into some sort of endless back and forth argument. I think the Patriots are a great team, and I thought the same about the Colts as well.

U2Kitten said:

And yes, the Colts' receivers were held and manhandled to the point it was ridiculous. Dungy is not going to tell them to 'push back' because he's a class act and doesn't believe in playing dirty.
Like Stl said, within 5 yards, the receivers can be hit, KC was stupid in letting them get free run off the line last week and look where it got them. The Pats played physical...boohoo Colts, you got hit in a football game. Remember its football, not ballet.
And Smeagle Dungy is a class act and won't play dirty...did you ever watch the Minnesota teams Smeagle was the Defensive coordinator for, or more appropriately the Tampa teams he coached until 2 yrs ago? What the Bucs used to do under Smeagle made what the Pats did on Sunday look like 2 hand touch street football. The receivers don't push back cause they'll end up on their ass (Marvin Harrison is like 155 lbs), and Peyton would have been sacked 8 times.
You did see the Colts DB's chucking the Pats receivers as well, right. Or did the Tv's in the midwest go to commercial then?

U2Kitten said:
Looks like 'some' people who never come here to discuss football and speculate and predict with the rest of us only come here to gloat after the fact. Well it's easy to talk after the game. What's up with that, afraid to say anything ahead of time, afraid you might lose? We all take that chance. It's what it's all about.

I don't talk before hand because i'm not that interested in following football :shrug:

I never saw a rule in this form stating that you can't be excited your team is going to the playoffs (in a thread that is clearly dedicated for that)! :eyebrow:

oliveu2cm said:

I never saw a rule in this forum stating that you can't be excited your team is going to the playoffs (in a thread that is clearly dedicated for that)! :eyebrow:

Neither did I :shrug: I thought that's what this thread clearly was dedicated to, and "why the Patriots rock" suggests to me a thread to celebrate the Patriots, not to come in and bash them. But then again, I'm not qualified to comment I guess, or to post in this forum :shrug:

On the grabbing thing: what I mean the blatant grabbing was on the Colts' last drive, where the receivers were past 5 yards, standing in range to catch a first down pass when the Pat secondary had literal handfuls of their jerseys. Manning made the holding motion with his arm, sure a flag would come, but no. This happened until they were out of downs. Of couse if he had not thrown so many ints it would not have come to that. He was damn lucky to still have a shot that late, and to have it sort of taken from them with the dirty play sucked. It wasn't normal and the announcers made comments. Same with the play in the Eagles-Panthers game.

On the 'gloating' thing: Well your team has been in the playoffs for a couple weeks now, were you not happy then, or only after they won so you can brag, that's how it looked. Several of us have been here discussing the playoffs and all the teams since we found out the matchups, and taking our guesses and making comments, so it looked like some fans only came to brag after it was over and wouldn't venture a bet before. Sorry if I was wrong about you :grumpy:

But yeah I'm depressed that at least one of my teams didn't go {Colts and Eagles are 2 of my faves, and the Vikes who screwed up down the stretch} so I could dig out of my miserable, dark and pathetic existence for a week or so saving all the stories and pics and havingn something to brighten my day. Yeah so it feels better to have someone to blame. So shoot me. And fuck football. I've been a devoted fan since I was a kid but it's too emotional and never pays off for me. I can't take it anymore. :scream:

I guess it's because I've always been somebody who lived and died with every play,every game, my heart pounding until my chest hurts, that I do kinda feel resentment toward people who don't really follow the game that close just come in to go 'oh whoopee we rock' at the end. And that's just how I feel and I'm not going to lie about it. But I won't post here anymore, I'm not even going to click on this forum, so no need to chew me out.

:(

:madspit: NFL

Last edited:
handfuls of jerseys? please, they were barely even touching them, and they have every right to come into contact with them if theyre looking up at the ball- once the ball is up in the air its anybodys right to the ball.

i really had no preference on who won the new england vs indy game, yet there was blatant holding and grabbing past 5 yards and while the ball was in the air. all of the analysts have commented on it during and after the game. ron jowarski, the only guy on espn i respect, has commented greatly and how the colts recievers were mugged, but i guess if the refs arent gonna call it in the postseason, then i guess its smart to do. my only question is why the refs dont feel the need to call it.

Chizip said:

please, a reciever has more things to worry about then getting in a shoving match with a db, if he does that then the db wins because the reciever is not running his route in time.

i dont see why they allow one set of rules during the regular season and a different set of rules in the postseason, what is this, the nhl or something?

What?

Come on, you know you see receivers push off to get open all the time.

Different refs have different levels of tolerance for this sort of thing, and football players know they have to be prepared for it.

U2Kitten said:

I guess it's because I've always been somebody who lived and died with every play,every game, my heart pounding until my chest hurts, that I do kinda feel resentment toward people who don't really follow the game that close just come in to go 'oh whoopee we rock' at the end. And that's just how I feel and I'm not going to lie about it. But I won't post here anymore, I'm not even going to click on this forum, so no need to chew me out.

Well, you're gonna get it anyway.

Cripes, I decide to visit the bulletin board for the first time in ~6 months to post a rather lighthearted observation about the music at Foxboro Stadium (not a word about the game itself was said, if you read my original post), and all of a sudden the Pats haters hijack the thread and accuse me of being an unknowledgeable fair-weather fan. How do you know if I am or am not a real Pats fan? Do I need to send you a resume?

If you're bitter about the playoffs, spew your venom in your own thread.

Back
Top Bottom