why the hell are those sub things you buy at 7 -11 so damn expensive?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used to work at a 7-Eleven. The guy managed 3 of them, and the one I worked at was referred to as "The Outhouse". Ugh. It was awful. I have stories.

I will say one thing...thank God the nachos there come pre-packaged now. Yuck.

After I got hired, I was informed that about a month earlier, an employee at that location had been pistol whipped during a robbery. She had to go to the ER to have her head stitched shut. I like how they waited until after I was hired and trained to tell me that.

We were right by a couple of bars in a neighborhood that wasn't terrible but wasn't the greatest. Drunks would come in to buy cigarettes and ask me out. This one guy would stand outside the store and just stare at me through the window. I finally had enough one night and went out and yelled at him.

There was another guy who would come in and keep buying ice cream sandwiches. He'd eat them and just keep talking to me...going on and on. Another guy always came in to buy a 40 and talk about his mom. He disappeared for a couple weeks, and he came in one day and hiked up his pant leg to show me an electronic tether. I asked what happened, and he said, "Well...my mom died, and I went a little crazy." There was a drunk lady who would come in and buy 40s all the time...she'd usually pay with dimes, nickels, and pennies. If she was short and tether guy was around, he'd buy it for her and invite her over.

There were bugs crawling on the hotdog buns.

Back before the nachos were pre-packaged, a co-worker of mine was assembling trays of them. She'd stick her hand in the bag to grab chips, eat some, lick her fingers, stick her dirty hand back in, and grab chips to put in the nacho trays. When my parents would come in for nachos, I would only sell them some if I had made them from a fresh bag.

A veteran got pissed at me on 4th of July because I wouldn't (couldn't, mind you) break a hundred dollar bill. He was screaming, "I fought in Vietnam for your independence!" and all sorts of mean stuff to me...calling me names and all until I burst into tears in front of a long line of people.

While sweeping up cigarette butts in the parking lot, a black guy threw a lit cigarette at me and yelled, "Pick it up, white trash!"

A guy once tried stealing cigarettes behind my back. I was so pissed when I caught him. My yelling freaked him out, and he bolted, sans ciggies.

A third shift guy would corner me in the cooler and say dirty things.

While working by myself one night, I passed out behind the counter and hit my head. A customer had to call 911, and the 7-Eleven was actually closed for about a half hour.

It wasn't all bad though. There were some really sweet kids who would come in, and they didn't have much money. I always kept a pocket full of change, just in case they were short when buying Slurpees and candies. As for the asshole kids...I just sent them on their way.

Bonochick said:
If she was short and tether guy was around, he'd buy it for her and invite her over.

A veteran got pissed at me on 4th of July because I wouldn't (couldn't, mind you) break a hundred dollar bill. He was screaming, "I fought in Vietnam for your independence!" and all sorts of mean stuff to me...calling me names and all until I burst into tears in front of a long line of people.

While sweeping up cigarette butts in the parking lot, a black guy threw a lit cigarette at me and yelled, "Pick it up, white trash!"

While working by myself one night, I passed out behind the counter and hit my head. A customer had to call 911, and the 7-Eleven was actually closed for about a half hour.

girl...that is some CRAZY stuff!

but oh hell, I don't think I'll eat prepared food from those places anymore
but pringles are still good!!

Bonochick said:
This one guy would stand outside the store and just stare at me through the window. I finally had enough one night and went out and yelled at him.
Sorry...sometimes I just like to stare...BTW your yelling freaked me out.

There were bugs crawling on the hotdog buns
Reminds me of the episode of Beavis and Butthead when they're at the convenience store , Beavis is getting nachos, as he's squirting the cheese-like product on, a cockroach is crawling on the chips and gets smothered in the cheese. Beavis eats it saying: "These nachos rule".

Bonochick said:
After I got hired, I was informed that about a month earlier, an employee at that location had been pistol whipped during a robbery. She had to go to the ER to have her head stitched shut. I like how they waited until after I was hired and trained to tell me that.

We were right by a couple of bars in a neighborhood that wasn't terrible but wasn't the greatest. Drunks would come in to buy cigarettes and ask me out. This one guy would stand outside the store and just stare at me through the window. I finally had enough one night and went out and yelled at him.

There was another guy who would come in and keep buying ice cream sandwiches. He'd eat them and just keep talking to me...going on and on. Another guy always came in to buy a 40 and talk about his mom. He disappeared for a couple weeks, and he came in one day and hiked up his pant leg to show me an electronic tether. I asked what happened, and he said, "Well...my mom died, and I went a little crazy." There was a drunk lady who would come in and buy 40s all the time...she'd usually pay with dimes, nickels, and pennies. If she was short and tether guy was around, he'd buy it for her and invite her over.

There were bugs crawling on the hotdog buns.

Back before the nachos were pre-packaged, a co-worker of mine was assembling trays of them. She'd stick her hand in the bag to grab chips, eat some, lick her fingers, stick her dirty hand back in, and grab chips to put in the nacho trays. When my parents would come in for nachos, I would only sell them some if I had made them from a fresh bag.

A guy once tried stealing cigarettes behind my back. I was so pissed when I caught him. My yelling freaked him out, and he bolted, sans ciggies.

It wasn't all bad though. There were some really sweet kids who would come in, and they didn't have much money. I always kept a pocket full of change, just in case they were short when buying Slurpees and candies. As for the asshole kids...I just sent them on their way.

that's fucking awesome.

Confession...

I always really liked the way 7-Eleven smelled. That mix of candy, air conditioning, coffee, cigarettes and lord knows what else. It's a vacation smell. :up:

They make those perfumes that smell like Funeral Parlor or stale hotel rooms, why not a 7-Eleven? Not that I'd wear it, but it might be fun to sniff once and awhile.

KhanadaRhodes said:
shut up, all of you.

the nearest 7/11 is 200+ miles away :sad: i want a slurpee.

I didn't have my first Slurpee until my 19th birthday. 7-Elevens were nowhere near back home. When Dad and I moved down here, I remember seeing all of the 7-Elevens we passed and thinking, holy crap!!

The first time my sister came to visit us, we opened up the front door to greet her, and the first thing she said is, "You guys got 7-Elevens!!!!!!" :laugh:

nope :sad:

A few months ago I found a 7-Eleven ten blocks away from my house, which was a surprise since I've never seen one in/around the city

However, the suburbs seem to be littered with 7-Elevens.

In high school me and 3 friends got jumped by 12 guys in a 7-11 and there was a massive brawl. By the time the cops got there the place was trashed.

Back
Top Bottom