Why is Nick Cave such a damn pimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

notiti

Refugee
Seriously, I want to know.

I think it may be the brilliant damn lyrics, but oh those Bad Seeds they make a case in and of themselves for his coolness.
I think he is automatically cooler for being in a band with them.
This, or course, works vice versa.

But he rocks - and that's my main point.

Don't you think so?

Ooh notiti, you beat me to it. I was going to post a thread about his latest album, Nocturama, which I find to be most excellent. I was wondering if there was anybody else here who has it and what they think of it. Nocturama may not prove to be as epic as No More Shall We Part but there are some classic tracks on there and some seriously rocking tracks as well. The bonus dvd has the video for Babe I'm on Fire, the song that just keeps going and going so that for awhile you forget that you are still on the same song until he brings it back around full circle again.

What can I say? He is a bad motherfucker. He manages to be incredibly dark and romantic at the same time.

I'm not too familiar with his music, but I've read a few articles on him...seems he's in every music magazine I pick up. I may have to look into some of his stuff.

birthday parties, bad seeds, unique angles and lotsa practice

he sings from his heart, he's something old and also something very very new. I haven't heard all his songs, but those I have, are unforgettable, he has a haunting style. I've only heard Bring It On so far. It was the feature album on JJJ a couple of weeks ago, but I never heard any of the tracks.

Larry Mullen's Pop Angel...I see you have Keith Richards as your avatar. You like the Stones? They are in Oz at the moment, being asked to help with an environmental matter near here. I wonder if they will say yes? Anyway, a friend has a ticket for the Brisbane Show on Tuesday night. I wanna gooooooooooooooooo. She saw them in Sydney and said it was great. She has been to so many concerts lately, she shook hands with James Taylor and Mick Jagger, she's back to Sydney to see Bruce Springsteen soon.I love dancing to the Stones, but............. I can't go, dreamin' again son.
silverchair and U2 for me:yes:
anyway Nick Cave is one smooth dude for sure.

Oh I know!!! I have had Babe I'm On Fire in my head for about a week. I do not mind this at all. Damn - pimpin ain't easy.

omg, I am soooo jealous. I love what stuff of his that I have, and I know he has a new album out and I have no way to get my hands on it (nor the money to do so) while I am here in Switzerland. I was actually just listening to NMSHP, which has got to be on my all-time-all-time best lists. :up:

Nick Cave isn't a pimp. He's more of an old-time revival preacherman, in a strange sort of way. Him and all 57 of the Bad Seeds, though their numbers do seem to vary from one (dark and gloomy) photo to the next. If you see the video to '15 feet of pure white snow' you'll know what I'm getting at. Jarvis Cocker is one of his demented followers.

I haven't gotten to see the video for Bring it On yet. They certainly would never show it on MTV. Lucky Canadians with your MuchMusic! :mad:

Sula, you should get your hands on Nocturama as soon as possible. I might even be convinced to burn it and send it to you. PM me if you are interested.

See the way I think about it is tha Nick Cave is a less drunk Tom Waits.

Seriously folks - think about it.
I said it.

Maybe it's more the case that Tom Waits is a sort of older, drunker Nick Cave. But I prefer to see Tom as a younger, drunker Frank Sinatra.

Back
Top Bottom