why is mcdonald's bad for you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay you all want the gross stories! I hope none of you all get squeasy easily!

And btw I never told you all this!

The oil for the vats that the fried chicken and french fries are cooked in only get changed about once every 2 weeks!

After the meat is cooked it goes into a heat warmer compartment that is set on a time that once it goes off the workers are suppose to dump the meat and cook new food but that hardly ever happens. Ppl constantly just keep pushing the button so that it doesnt go off.

Everything that is made is frozen or refrig. There is dates on everything and I seen ppl use product that is waaaaaaaaaay past the date that is on the box

I got to take a break! I myself think im goin :barf: Ill be back with more later

omg. thank Goodness I'm a vegetarian.

adam'swildhoney - thank you so much for the info so far.
please keep going. i know it's gross, but it's good information to know. :barf:

uh...i used to work at mcdonald's waaaaaaaay back when i was 18, and yes...they really did pick up the meat that fell off the floor and put it back on the grill, or even...the bun. i have witnessed this, folks.

makes me wish I lived in the country, had a garden, and grew my own food :lol:

Ive seen ppl pick buns and meat off the ground and use them

Ive also seen ppl spit into orders bc the customer was being rude.

Working there is terrible!

Theres flies flying everywhere while the food is being made.

I seen the grills were the meat is cook on not get properly cleaned!

The untensils that are used dont get clean right all of the time.

Ive seen the salads get made with BARE HANDS, workers are supposed to use gloves when makin salads

Ppl handle the meat product with bare hands and the veggies that go on the burgers ppl touch with there bare hands

Okay more later on!

adamswildhoney said:
Ive seen ppl pick buns and meat off the ground and use them

Ive also seen ppl spit into orders bc the customer was being rude.

Working there is terrible!

Theres flies flying everywhere while the food is being made.

I seen the grills were the meat is cook on not get properly cleaned!

The untensils that are used dont get clean right all of the time.

Ive seen the salads get made with BARE HANDS, workers are supposed to use gloves when makin salads

Ppl handle the meat product with bare hands and the veggies that go on the burgers ppl touch with there bare hands

Okay more later on!

Whilst I do think that a lot of this stuff is quite un-hygenic, in all reality one could be talking about any restaurant and or fast food chain store the world over, I really dont think that these problems here are endemic to just McDonalds............however when first looking at this thread I thought that it might of gone more into the production and ingredients issues instead.....when I was at university I did a subject in my environmental major that was all about food ethics, that is the fact that all of McDonalds dairy products are made with an ingredient that is genetically made from pigs, most commercial tomato farms use a pestecide that is made from fish scales, etc, etc, etc I myself am a vegetarian and find a lot of this stuff very interesting and personally I never eat anything from McDonalds (not even the fries- I can taste that 'animal' flavour of them a mile away) and I dont know if places like McDonalds are being wrong in not telling people what is in their food- do they have to do this????- I dont know, I guess the main issue here is for people to be aware and remember that all is not always as it seems:lemon:

I have no doubt that this stuff goes on. however, are the same practices used by professional butchers at your local meat market where you can buy steaks, chops, etc.?

the best professional chefs in the world buy meat from butchers. I would think it would be ok to buy meat from them.

by the way, while the practices of the average american eating mcdonalds 3 times a week is abhorent :)barf: ), I don't recall any facts saying that they get physically ill. fat lazy idiots, yes, but there's never been an outbreak of the plague from mcdonalds.:shrug:

My goodness. The things people will eat, and three to four times a week, even!

I personally don't eat meat and I certainly don't eat at McDonald's. This thread just reaffirms my decision.

And an extra 2 cents---my ex-boyfriend from high school swears that they use rabbit meat in the chicken McNuggets. I wouldn't be surprised.

I love nuggets no more.

OK. It is sorta odd that I can feel two different ways about opening this thread. I obviously feel grossed out and regretful that I opened it. I just ate lunch and was not going to open this thread. BUT at the same time I am glad. It is kinda fucked up but this thread has kinda reaffirmed my incentive to get back to eating a little better. I have kinda let myself go in what I have been eating lately. So thanks I guess.

Back
Top Bottom