why is interference never talking about the rolling stones? - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 01-30-2007, 03:32 PM   #76
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 02:08 PM
The Stones music will always live on. So, like it or not, they're here to stay.
They were young and great in the 60's.
They were drugged out and still great in the 70's.
They were fried by 1981, but they still kept rocking despite Keith losing most of his teeth.
By 1986, Mick and Keith were really sick of each other so they went on a hiatus.
By 1989, they got together again and did Steel Wheels and they've been rocking ever since.
Usually, every few years they release a new album which is usually pretty good. They pluck a few new songs from their new album and hit the road for another record setting World tour.

The Stones are up there with The Beatles, Elvis, Frank Sinatra, Ray Charles and so on.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:43 AM   #77
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 05:08 AM
I don't mind the Stones, but I find it baffling that they should be compared with the likes of U2, Beatles, Led Zep and the like...

I prefer The Kinks anyday over the Stones...

And from a personal point of view, why would I need to listen to the Stones when I can listen to Oasis? Oasis epitomise how I like to think of rock and roll, and I got into them before I discovered the Stones, and Oasis combine the better elements of the Beatles, the Stones, the Who, Neil Young, and the legendary Stone Roses....a perfect blend....

...quite simply, I don't really need to listen to the Stones (not to say that I might not want to, but I can find stuff just as good, if not better, elsewhere)