Why I want to live above the Arctic Circle... - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2007, 01:28 AM   #46
The Male

Local Time: 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Liesje
OK, the weatherman just said we are getting an "arctic cold front" tomorrow. He keeps saying "very cold", "going to be a bit of a shocker..." Oh, and a "decent clipper coming through" with several more inches of snow.

Indeed. The 30 degree days are getting old.

Old 03-05-2007, 08:08 AM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram

I've done it and it's fantastic. Really highly recommend it!

I was in the Netherlands last month and I actually really found it depressing. Because it wasn't so cold (like 5-10 degrees) but it was grey and wet pretty much every day. Sometimes the sun would peek out midday but then disappear again. And anything near the water (like Hague, Scheveningen) was even worse - this awful, COLD mist. I actually missed the snow then. At least it's cold and crisp, not wet.

Old 03-05-2007, 11:47 AM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by DrTeeth

I liked your stroopwafels.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:04 PM   #49
Blue Crack Supplier

It's snowing like ass outside...

The weather man (who I hate) has been saying we will have crazy wind over the next couple of days...

Wind chill of -35 to -45.

(those tears are frozen btw)
Old 03-05-2007, 12:09 PM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:35 PM
I don't like the sun. I would rather live in the a cold climate than a hot one anytime.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:20 PM   #51
Refugee

Local Time: 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by blueeyedgirl

:veryhappytoliveinAustraliaandnotcomplaining:
^ me too - give me hot Adelaide summers over a canadian winter ANY day!!! I whinge and moan in winter when it gets below about 16C!!

I did go to New York in February a few years back - just to see what a REAL winter was like - NOT a smart idea!!! The snow on the first morning was pretty and all, but by the end of the very first day i was OVER it!!!

All the skin peeled off my face - in all the photos i am this red blotchy mess!! I think I'm allergic to that cold - NEVER again!!!
Old 03-05-2007, 04:04 PM   #52
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I've done it and it's fantastic. Really highly recommend it!

I was in the Netherlands last month and I actually really found it depressing. Because it wasn't so cold (like 5-10 degrees) but it was grey and wet pretty much every day. Sometimes the sun would peek out midday but then disappear again. And anything near the water (like Hague, Scheveningen) was even worse - this awful, COLD mist. I actually missed the snow then. At least it's cold and crisp, not wet.

i spent over a year in brussels and got wildly depressed during the winter -- cold, but not too cold, no snow, wet, grey, damp, misty, foggy, and NO SUN FOR MONTHS. i remember we had a break once, it was in very early April, when the skies parted and the sun shone and i saw buildings on my commute that i had never noticed before and, literally, businesses closed early and people left work and went outside and ate and drank and talked and laughed and then it went back to being cold, but not too cold, no snow, wet, grey, damp, misty, foggy, and NO SUN FOR ANOTHER TWO MONTHS. but, for weeks, everyone talked about, "that day."

and then i discovered a magical placed called Amsterdam. but that's another story.

as for DC ... well, the winters aren't so bad, some snow, which i love, at first, and the winters aren't that long, and spring and fall are wonderful, a solid 3 months each and gorgeous temperatures, but i dread summer here. D-R-E-A-D. it sounds similar to what our Aussie friends seem to have to deal with -- it's nearly always in the 90's (over 32 degrees) and humidity at 80% or more since, you know, this city WASN'T built on rock 'n roll. it was built on a freaking swamp. you can see the air some mornings in the summer. i do want my four seasons. just less humidity.

all that said, i'd LOVE to live above the Arctic circle from mid-May to mid-August -- those long, long days are to die for.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:11 PM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:35 AM
Quote:

I liked your stroopwafels.
I had stroopwaffel ice-cream yesterday

Also, vanilla vla