Why I want to live above the Arctic Circle... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2007, 10:58 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram

Gibson Girl, you forgot about the constant snot pouring out of your nose in winter. That's my favourite part!

But how can it pour out when it freezes solid before it even gets to your nostril?

Nothing like already having to deal with being sick and then having snotcicles in your nose.

Old 03-03-2007, 11:14 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Liesje

But how can it pour out when it freezes solid before it even gets to your nostril?

Nothing like already having to deal with being sick and then having snotcicles in your nose.
Don't you love how you're walking outside, then you get inside and in 30 seconds, it all pours out? Classy!!

The worst for me is the dry skin. My legs get leg dandruff. For real.

Old 03-03-2007, 11:27 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram

The worst for me is the dry skin. My legs get leg dandruff. For real.
Ditto, every inch of me gets flaky and itchy. I won't even look at my legs until May. The worst is the itchy scalp, since it's so irritating but obviously you can't go around scratching your head. Either that, or the constant nosebleeds.

I use the Olay body moisturizer you put on in the shower and it has helped a bit for most of my body. I don't like the smell much, but it lasts a lot longer than putting on regular lotion.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:03 AM   #19
Jesus Online

Local Time: 07:28 PM
maybe the constant dehydration and sweating and headaches from the heat aren't so bad.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:21 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:28 AM
Try Miami humidity.

There are about 5-6 "cold" days a year. Everything else is 80 - 100 degrees, most of the time with an 80% or above humidity rating. As my friend says, "air you can wear."

I dare you. I triple dog dare any of you to visit here in September and work outside for a day, or walk a few blocks or anything. It feels like suffocation in your lungs. Your hair frizzes up beyond control. Everything...everything sticks to you. I've picked up pieces of paper with an open hand due to the stickiness.

On top of that, every single afternoon in the summer there is a thunderstorm. Miami is the lightning capital of the world.

Flooding because we are below sea level...

Hurricanes...
Old 03-04-2007, 12:23 AM   #21
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:28 AM
Central Florida isn't that much different.

Old 03-04-2007, 12:29 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

I've been there plenty of times.

But your guys get a bit more wintery temperatures than we do. It's always a few degrees cooler up there.
My friends in Gainesville have several 40 degree nights a year. We are lucky if we get more than two.

I want snow.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:41 AM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Central and southwestern Ohio doesn't have all that much to offer, but well, the weather isn't as bad as it could be. We generally get all the seasons (although I bet people in northern states and countries scoff at our winters, and it's true no one here has ever really figured out how to drive in snow so even a dusting wreaks havoc on the roads) without getting too much of any one season. It does tend to be humid in the summer, and just about everyone who lives in the SW part of the state (at least) develops sinus problems, but even that humidity isn't as bad as the states to the south of us. And at least part of the state is prone to tornadoes.

Oh, and the state name has only four letters, so it's really easy to spell. Gotta look at the good points (often they aren't all that easy to find...).
Old 03-04-2007, 12:48 AM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

I only ever go to southwestern Fla, but camping in the Everglades this past summer was the closest I've ever come to passing out from heat. The bugs were so incredibly bad we had to wear pants and full jackets with hoods on if we left the tent. Once I went out for a few minutes to get something from the car and came back soaked through and through, panting and very dizzy. I still love camping there though, the humidity is a welcome relief, just not during the bug season!
Old 03-04-2007, 01:03 AM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
we get maybe 2 weeks of cold weather here. it's ridiculous. you guys who are complaining about the cold - it is precisely the opposite here.
paradise
Old 03-04-2007, 01:18 AM   #26
45:33

Local Time: 07:28 PM
Re: Re: Why I want to live above the Arctic Circle...

Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl

So in short, stop whining, you bloody Aussie. Go to the beach, play a bit of rugby, enjoy it! I'd give anything to be in your shoes at the moment.
Rugby? Pfft. The REAL football started last weekend. There are no threads dedicated to Rugby in PEUP.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:19 AM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl

...So in short, stop whining, you bloody Aussie. Go to the beach, play a bit of rugby, enjoy it! I'd give anything to be in your shoes at the moment.
My driveway just melted

That rant was so great, I’m going to start calling you MercerGirl.

Winter in the city is not fun at all! St. John’s is encased in snow and ice at the moment, the place where GG and I live. It’s like an Olympic bobsled course here...with giant snowbanks obscuring the view of what’s around the corner. Whether you’re driving or walking, you just pray that everyone else can see you when you make your move.

I actually don’t mind the cold and snow...as long as I can play in it. I’m originally from a smaller town, where we’d ski and snowshoe in the winter. It’s harder to do that here...I’m just shovelling instead of playing. On top of that, I’ve somehow managed to land myself a role as the official shoveller-for-older-people on the street. I miss home

If there’s an upside to living in an ice world, it’s that you do end up appreciating the warm whether when it finally comes. It’s probably also character-building. I keep telling myself this.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:54 AM   #28
New Yorker

Local Time: 04:28 PM
After reading through this post, I think I'm in love with the weather we have...

(I've just found out that we have about the same latitude as Hawaii)

OK, I tend to forget the bloody heat we have in the summer during the winter, in August you'll hear from me complaining the weather !
Old 03-04-2007, 09:58 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:28 AM

I absolutely hate sunshine and heat
Old 03-04-2007, 10:02 AM   #30
New Yorker

Local Time: 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by DrTeeth
I absolutely hate sunshine and heat
Perhaps you should consider moving to Finland or somewhere further north?