why has my cat lost so much weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
he doesn't look very healthy these days.

he's been eating regularly, so far as i can tell, but he's skinny as a rail after being nice and fat.

plus he attacked my brother the other day for no reason, bit him real hard.

let's see what else...his "meows" are really messed up these days as well.

this cat's messed up. all you cat lover's out there, what do i do...short of going to the vet?

his attitude sucks, as well, i should mention. he's all paranoid now and everything.

i like my cat.

Ehmm...do guys have cats? I didn't know that.

I have a shark myself. And a wolverine. I'm teaching it (the latter) how to use a computer, so that it can post on FYM when I am "otherwise engaged".

Erm, he might have worms? That would explain why he's eating, but the weight's falling off him. I'd take him to the vets to get some worming tablets; should be fine after a course of those.

I'd hestiatate to suggest that he might be more poorly than that, but if he's grumpy and doesn't want to be fussed, he might have infection. Keep him indoors, keep him comfortable and get kitty to the vets :)

Hope he gets better soon!
Fellow cat lover x

That Mullen4Prez is so witty! Small penis jokes, LMAO!!

Seriously though, maybe you should take him to the vet. Sicy will have something to say about this...

tink said:
Erm, he might have worms? That would explain why he's eating, but the weight's falling off him. I'd take him to the vets to get some worming tablets; should be fine after a course of those.

I'd hestiatate to suggest that he might be more poorly than that, but if he's grumpy and doesn't want to be fussed, he might have infection. Keep him indoors, keep him comfortable and get kitty to the vets :)

Hope he gets better soon!
Fellow cat lover x

worms? :S

any other signs i should look for?

and i should have mentioned the cat lives outdoors. i'm allergic to them, it can't be inside. he's a good mouser.

He's been listening to Coldplay maybe? :eyebrow:

Seriously, I hope he gets better. Give him some real food, like fish. Cats love fish. I'd send some cod but we're all out around here.

Tuna is the answer. Tuna. :up:

Zoomerang96 said:

i dont know anything here about how moderating works, but i'd be surprised if you were still posting here by tommorow.

you've simply crossed the line, and then gone WAY past it.

Yes, he's played right into our hands, hasn't he?

I personally hope that no-one gets banned cos of this, which is making a mountain out of a molehill in my view.

financeguy said:
I personally hope that no-one gets banned cos of this, which is making a mountain out of a molehill in my view.

i'm sure it will be taken care of correctly.

Zoomerang96 said:

worms? :S

any other signs i should look for?

and i should have mentioned the cat lives outdoors. i'm allergic to them, it can't be inside. he's a good mouser.

If he does have worms [and yeah, it does sound pretty gross], then he'll be hungry all the time, basically because he won't be getting full. So if he's looking for food more than he usually does, that's a good sign.

Is he usually grumpy, or is this a new thing? Oh, and btw, if he just generally has a poorly tummy, something rich like fish might make him poo. A lot. Beware ;)

ah...

well, i don't exactly look for where he does his business on the yard. :wink:

thanks again though!

what about winter weight or whatever.

the guy (well, he's an "it" really) bulked up ver winter, but now that's summer, perhaps it took him till now to get rid of some of it?

i dunno, that doesn't seem to likely either considering none of my other cats have gone through something quite as noticably.

financeguy said:

So you think its ok for members to run rampid all over the forum attacking each other?

Did I say that? No I didn't.

I tried to calm things down when the Mods were seemingly ignoring it.

Thanks a bunch anyway. :grumpy:

Last edited:
It really sounds like he's sick from your initial description. If you care about 'it' you'll take him in for a vet visit. :up:

And Tuna isnt really good for cats to eat on a regular basis. Once in a while as a snack or to get them to eat is fine but it lacks a lot of the nutritions that cats need to survive.

Does he go outside a lot during summer? I try to keep my cats inside, but there's one who always manages to sneak out in the summer time. She tends to lose a lot of weight as well during this time of the year because she's engaging herself in a lot more activity than she does in winter. (Always bringing shrews to the porch :mad:. She's already at it, actually.)

In any case, you should definitely take your cat to the vet. It could be worms, or it could be something worse.

financeguy said:
Did I say that? No I didn't.

I tried to calm things down when the Mods were seemingly ignoring it.

Excuse me?

Seemingly ignoring it? I was right here in this forum the entire time there were problems earlier, In fact I missed dinner with my family to stay here. answering the reports, posting, PMing people, and doing the very best I could. Hell I was on the phone with one of the admins. I'm sorry but you could not be wrong and after the day I have had here, I will not have someone sitting here saying the mods were "seemingly ignoring" anything .

neutral said:
I'm sorry but you could not be wrong and after the day I have had here, I will not have someone sitting here saying the mods were "seemingly ignoring" anything .

Really? Well I will not have a mod calling me out like the way Sicy did above when I was trying to calm things down.

As a premium member I contribute financially to the place and therefore I would like to be treated with some modicum of consideration, frankly.

Last edited:
Zootlesque I would dearly love to chill and have a good time but why should I be expected to be just publicly called out by 2 mods like that? Total double standard if you ask me.

financeguy - not trying to gang up on you - but I think this might have actually been a serious thread with a serious question. If you have beefs with the mods, it would be better to talk to them by email or PM instead of dragging it out here-

Back
Top Bottom