why has my cat lost so much weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonosloveslave said:
If you have beefs with the mods, it would be better to talk to them by email or PM instead of dragging it out here-

Indeed. Advice which could also be directed to your colleagues.

neutral said:
Excuse me?

Seemingly ignoring it? I was right here in this forum the entire time there were problems earlier, In fact I missed dinner with my family to stay here. answering the reports, posting, PMing people, and doing the very best I could. Hell I was on the phone with one of the admins. I'm sorry but you could not be wrong and after the day I have had here, I will not have someone sitting here saying the mods were "seemingly ignoring" anything .

The thread started by "Boystupidboy" which degenerated into a personal slagging match (not BSB's fault), the thread wasn't closed for two hours until after the slaggings started. Two hours.

Therefore I guess an objective observer could be forgiven for thinking that the mods hadn't noticed it.

Your apology is awaited, same applies to Sicy.

Last edited:
Okay, I have to jump in here and say it was at least one and a half hours by the time Neutral came in and closed BSB's thread 'Am I back?'. Of course Khanada did warn M4P much before that! And neutral did promptly close the 2 following spin-ofs. But finance guy isn't entirely wrong in saying that the mods could've taken serious action before it escalated into a totally ridiculous and childish fight. He needn't have used the words 'seemingly ignored'. :shrug: My request to the mods is to take the appropriate action and forget about the whole thing. I login to this website to have a good time.

bonosloveslave said:
Last warning to those derailing this thread - if you don't have some cat advice, don't reply here.........

Cats and Advice Or Else. :angry: :wink:

:reject: Sorry, I only hoped my very lame excuse for a joke could help lighten the mood in here. Because, you know, the air is heavy. Heavy as a truck.

I do not owe you an apology financeguy. I asked you a simple question, your opinion if you will. I dont see how that is 'calling you out'. You are implying that the moderators are not doing their job and that's not cool. In the future it would be best if you just let the moderators handle the situation. You can report the thread if you have an issue with it, and message any of us privately if you have a problem. We cant all be here 24/7 and may not always be able to take care of something that second, but know that it will be taken care of. And being a premium member doesnt mean that you dont have to follow the rules like everyone else. Premium members get banned too.

Back to the subject at hand please.

Sicy said:
I do not owe you an apology financeguy. I asked you a simple question, your opinion if you will. I dont see how that is 'calling you out'.

No, you didn't ask me a simple question. You asked me a LEADING, or presumptious question, and that is different.

Sicy said:
IAnd being a premium member doesnt mean that you dont have to follow the rules like everyone else. Premium members get banned too.

All power corrupts. Absolute power, corrupts absolutely.

Screaming Flower said:
holy drama queens, batman.

I concur with Fleur.

Clearly the cat is pinching pounds for the next Andrew Lloyd Webber production spectacular.

Damned it is if steals my part.

*smouldering fist

to be fair, the weight loss was only noticeable recently.

it's possible he's been sick (he's always hanging out with the neighbour cats - everyone's cats are everyone's, it's kind of funny in a way), and that he's on the road to recovery.

i'll keep a close eye on him/it. thanks again...

If my Butters were to fall ill, I don't know what I'd do with myself. I think I'm going to make a thread for cats.

If you haven't taken him to a vet yet zoomer, give him a good check over. Make sure his eyes are clear, not watery or weepy or gunky. His coat should be shiney and looked after well. Watch him to see if he still cleans himself. Also pinch a couple fingers full of his skin and gently pull it up. If it stays stiff, he might be dehydrating. Do this on the back of his neck, just above his shoulder blades where the skin is already naturally loose. It wont hurt him if you're gentle. Check his gums, see that they're a healthy pink, not white or grey. Check he's drinking water.

Let us know what happens.

Bear, the big most common things that will cause noticeable weight loss to an owner in a short period of time is an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism - which I would only think about if it were over 7 years old), diabetes, and cancer. All of these require a doctor exam and tests to diagnose. It could be something other than these, but those are the big 3 I would be thinking of.

Back
Top Bottom